FlatOut 2 Beta Mod

Madevi

K, here a download link to V1.6b2:

Thank you very much. Now all unpacked files open correctly.

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
a mod from the beta of fo2. https://www.mediafire.com/file/kog6mqqrkfdqos4/betafo2.rar/file there are not many changes since all files cannot be opened, I still leave the link of the original beta version https://archive.org/download/Flatout220060404.7z/Flatout_2-2006-04-04.7z there are beta videos but the game skips them
-jack benton skin
-new intro
-if you fail the stunt the audience will tell you boooo
-new bg_main video
-new stunt car selection
-new garage_bg
-new carshop derby
-new carshop race
-new carshop street
-2 new skin yellow for flatmobile
-new song in races
-yellowcard breathing in stunt
-new skins for rocket in races
-new gender selection
-new trailblazer beta skin in stunt
-darts stunt does not work
-instant action
I think that's all
I am confused, are these links for the PC game or Xbox or PS2? The replies mention xbox and ps2.

Madevi

In the beta files there is a model and textures for the removed car - car_46. Possible name is Chuck (mentioned in car_logos_5.dds)
Unfortunately, models from the Xbox version are not compatible with the PC version and don't open in Zmodeler.

Fo2Forever

In the beta files there is a model and textures for the removed car - car_46. Possible name is Chuck (mentioned in car_logos_5.dds)
Unfortunately, models from the Xbox version are not compatible with the PC version and don't open in Zmodeler.
Thanks for the unpacked game :D

Were you able to load up the beta tracks on the PC version? I put everything from the beta Pinegrove1 to the PC version and renamed the files to their correct name, but the game crashed. I figured out that everything works, only the geometry folder was crashing the game. From the geometry folder only the ''plant_vdb.gen'' and the ''track_cdb2.gen'' file was working, but these two files crashed the game on some maps while driving.

Madevi

Thanks for the unpacked game :D

Were you able to load up the beta tracks on the PC version? I put everything from the beta Pinegrove1 to the PC version and renamed the files to their correct name, but the game crashed. I figured out that everything works, only the geometry folder was crashing the game. From the geometry folder only the ''plant_vdb.gen'' and the ''track_cdb2.gen'' file was working, but these two files crashed the game on some maps while driving.
The Xbox version has its own formats for storing tracks' geometry, so you can't just move them to PC.
I haven't seen all the beta tracks yet (the game just freezes on many tracks). But I don't think there are really interesting differences there. This is a fairly late beta and all its differences from the release are mainly due to the incompleteness of the game.
The most serious differences has the garage test track. This is just a nascar track as in the release, but has nothing inside.

Caley19

The second link is the Xbox .iso right? Tried to open it in winrar, 3,5 GB + file and doesn't show any files. I downloaded the CXBX Reloaded emulator for old Xbox, how do I get it to work? It requires Xbe format, do I need to convert the iso to Xbe or something?

Madevi

The second link is the Xbox .iso right? Tried to open it in winrar, 3,5 GB + file and doesn't show any files. I downloaded the CXBX Reloaded emulator for old Xbox, how do I get it to work? It requires Xbe format, do I need to convert the iso to Xbe or something?
Use XDVDMulleter to unpack the iso. Game doesn't work in CXBX Reloaded, but you can try XEMU. Or just use more early PS2 beta

Caley19

Yeah, got it into CXBX and it indeed didn't work, already found the PS2 beta version link from speedyink's video, downloading it now, thanks.