FlatOutJoint Website Back Up

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
FlatOutJoint Website Back Up

I have a backup of the FOJ web site just before it closed. I used a webcrawler type program to download and save the .html pages, there is no content like downloads, it is mostly the forum pages.
You can test it, start with the index.html to get it to open.
Sometimes if you click the next page you get an error,
I start the website and open my next link in a new tab by right clicking the link, just in case.

I just wanted to share this, You can use the WayBak Machine it has a lot of information on it.
https://web.archive.org/web/20070820210607/http://flatoutjoint.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26

FlatOut Joint Website Back Up

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I found this in my files, interesting read of the history of the end of FOJ .

Muratus : It's just not a good time for anyone lately. Economy is so screwed up.
Shadow : Wassup gentlemen :wink:
Purple44 : It is a shame so many come to FOJ but not many willing to put up some dollars to keep it going. We sugglged the last 2 years trying to keep site going.
Muratus : Yea, I know. The free hosting that I have credits for, can't support FOJ they way it is now.........

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hy8t6rt12hsgr5j/Mur_talking_about_the_close_of_FOJ.txt/file

Muratus : It's just not a good time for anyone lately. Economy is so screwed up.
Shadow : Wassup gentlemen ;-)
Purple44 : It is a shame so many come to FOJ but not many willing to put up some dollars to keep it going. We sugglged the last 2 years trying to keep site going.
Muratus : Yea, I know. The free hosting that I have credits for, can't support FOJ they way it is now.
DiveBomb : would be horrid to loose all the info in the forums
Purple44 : Ya I understand that. Pav was trying to find away to keep our forums and download section together.
Purple44 : Hmm, that why most people vist FOJ is for the history in our forums and the download section. If new site start over, don't think many members would visit.
Muratus : I just don't have the spare cash to keep FOJ online. So I had to make the call.
Muratus : Yes
Purple44 : OH your saying the current threads would be lost?
DiveBomb : yes it will stirr shit up when fuels comes out for sure
Purple44 : Site slow now, but when FUEL get release at end of May, things may get busy again.
Muratus : But it wouldn't be the exact same as FOJ is now. And the posts in the forums would not move. It would be all blank from scratch again
Muratus : yes, as long as the site doesn't get to busy. The free hosting account doesn't give many resources.
Purple44 : Hmm, you saying you could still host the FOJ forums and we just need to upload our files somewhere else and link to them in the forums?
Muratus : Like I said in the shout box eariler, I can put the FOJ domain on to a free hosting account on godaddy. But It would be very restrictive and could not host the downloads section
Purple44 : Ok let me send you $45 to give people time to fine new places to hosts their files before we close FOJ doors.
Muratus : He will NOT get FOJ. I'd rather see it offline then in His slimmy hands.
Purple44 : Ok, I thought you were in the loop, but guess not.
Muratus : He did a simalar thing to me in SecondLife, which is why we are no longer on speaking terms.
Muratus : yes, but that is all my work that he just copied and moved. With out even asking.
Purple44 : It just tempoery thing until he get use new site going, the domain for GRID Joint had expired
Muratus : hhmm, Well that's real nice. He could have asked me first. He totaly stole my site, graphic, name etc.
Purple44 : click GRID Joint link on the left there Mur
Muratus : He's already moved grid joint?
Purple44 : Sent GRID Joint went to it new domain, he talk about mereging GJ back into FOJ and him hosting on his new modding site with a new name. I think we have a thread around here, ley me look.
Muratus : how long ago what that?
Purple44 : I know he talk to me, and seem he has a plan in mine, if it works out.
Muratus : You can donate if you want to keep it up for another 2 months. But I wouldn't count on Pav saving it.
Muratus : Nope, I've not talked to Pav in almost 5 months.
Purple44 : Hi Mur, have you been in touch with Pav? I thought Pav was working on moving FOJ over to his new site. If I donate $90 today can we keep going until we hear form Pav?
SUPERDUDE9200 : well hope fully that happens
Muratus : Shadow or purple would probably need to
Muratus : don't know. I wasn't involved with that getting there.
SUPERDUDE9200 : how about that place where the entire comm. mod is can you upload them there?
Muratus : yes, but the site could have url's to the DL files hosted else where
SUPERDUDE9200 : thats practically the whole point.the DL
DiveBomb : ouchers
Muratus : And couldn't host any files for DL
Muratus : I could move the domain to a free hosting account. They have very limited resources though.
Muratus : FOJ is on a virtual private server right now. That's 45 bucks a month.
SUPERDUDE9200 : how much does the mothly bill cost to host a .com site?
Muratus : Well, maybe. I have several free hosting credits at godaddy. So I could move the FOJ domain to there. But it would be a very basic site.
SUPERDUDE9200 : try ztkclan.com
DiveBomb : the forum will still be up yes?
Muratus : nothing came up on that url
SUPERDUDE9200 : ztkclanserver.com
SUPERDUDE9200 : yeah motter is there he uploaded some of his stufff
Muratus : ztk?
SUPERDUDE9200 : mratus can u try to post them at ztk?
Muratus : Yes, it is. FOJ has been online for serveral years now.
DiveBomb : crappy news
DiveBomb : ahh
Muratus : FOJ's Last days! «link»
Muratus : «link»

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
"Muratus : FOJ is on a virtual private server right now. That's 45 bucks a month. "

I wish the forum could have been transferred to a cheaper service and had the downloads by links. I use Mediafire for downloads.

Here are your recurring transaction details:

Current Subscription: Pro 1TB Monthly

Total Charged: $2.49

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Nothing is free and I thank Muratus for his efforts, I created a Paypal account to help.

It was the best website, RIP,it will always be missed.