Gremlin upgraded too A class clutch randomly weak with higher ping 130+ servers ?

Mini-z1994

High ping = Gremlin on A class shifting back & forth before reaching intended speed much like the bumper car did not too long ago.

As the title of the thread states it's randomly weak on certain servers with higher ping, 130+ ping pm USA servers makes the automatic gearbox rather strange shifting between 1st & 2nd along with 3rd & 4th gear randomly as well, though didn't happen much on this race.

Gremlin is setup with suspension as stiff as possible, tallest gear ratio & locked rear diff during the race not sure if thats a factor but worth trying too replicate with that info i suppose.

Can see it happen several times in this clip, but not as often with 3rd & 4th gear doing it.

Running on pc using a wired xbox 360 pad, medium-ish settings graphics wise 100/100 fiber internet.

Cegon

At 4:40 in the video it went into neutral. Do you have downshift mapped to a button, and did you use it?

I have seen this kind of automatic transmission behavior back when I was still using automatic, doing perfectly reasonable manual downshifts only for the automatic to go like "nope, I want to be in a higher gear and let the revs drop way down". Maybe not as extreme and it mostly happened on 6-speed cars at Drytown, Northfolk and Vale Falls on the very bumpy sections or jagged curbs. I guess stiff suspension makes it worse because the automatic gets confused when the driven wheels go back and forth from touching the ground to not touching the ground.

Mini-z1994

I did downshift a few times myself too take corners & a few times too just show that it's not always doing it, though kept recording longer then needed as i cant seem too turn it off with the bind i used, have too open nvidias overlay too turn off the recording.

But its mostly the behavior you see at the start of the race that repeats itself a few times that i wanted too highlight as it does not do this in singleplayer or lower ping servers.

Did this on asphalt racetracks too that are all flat as well. Though i couldnt get this too happen between 3rd & 4th gear just now.
Where it jumps as soon as there is a bit of wheelspin while it's around 140 only too jump back down until it reaches 150 as it should before shifting.

On poopsocks server i did this on, once again had too use Nvidia overlay too turn recording off which is why its so much longer then needed, dont need too watch more then 20 seconds until first corner pretty much.

Singleplayer Espdalen, unchanged between these two clips on car & assists.

Cegon

But its mostly the behavior you see at the start of the race that repeats itself a few times that i wanted too highlight as it does not do this in singleplayer or lower ping servers.
I hope someone from Bugbear can spare the time to look into this, especially the clip with multiplayer Espedalen. Even though I use manual with clutch, I think a "smarter" automatic transmission would make the game more accessible - especially if this is not a bug and just a case of how the automatic transmission works when it gets confused by lag.