Hot Fix Update 2014-10-06

T

Team Bugbear

Another day, another hot fix to address a couple of nasty issues found in the multiplayer code during the hot multiplayer sessions over the weekend as well as a few more or less minor annoyances:

• Selecting any server past the 17th one in the server browser no longer causes the game to crash consistently.
  • Implemented a potential fix to prevent the client loading a wrong track when joining a server. Please let us know in case you’re still experiencing the issue, we’re monitoring the situation.
  • Input in lobby chat is now disabled when Steam overlay is active to prevent false input into lobby chat.
  • Quick look-back cameras now share the same position and angle than the look-back view of the default chase camera.
  • It’s no longer possible to cut the long sweeping left-hander in the beginning section of the Tarmac track.
  • Fixed the hole around the pole in the middle of the 180° corner on Sandpit1.

As before, the latest game version is not compatible with the previous one, so please do update your game before attempting to play in multiplayer. If necessary, please log out and then back in Steam to initiate the update process.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who played the game during the weekend and reported issues, we very much appreciate your help in making this game better. Please keep your feedback coming!

Shortcut

Full time wrecker
:D i love u too bugbear. The game crash made me angry...but now it is playable online past the 17th server ^^
I FORGOT AN FATAL ERROR... I cant drive on tarmac track anymore since build 6 because "failed to load texture ()" error it comes in the loading screen by tarmac and at the end of a race most in speedway when i click on "continue". The screen freezes and the error appears..and this after the hotfix..very uncool

Well, i guess i talk for a lot of the players. Good job Bugbear, it was worth the wait! Some minor issues where expected, but in retrospect i think you can look back to a successfull weekend of chaotic multiplayer-fun!

MSPORTBMW

Master Blaster
Thanks guys for another hot fix.....I'm yet to try it, but will do later on. Multiplayer is so much fun. I just wish I had more spare time to play it????

Like someone else said, the slow accelerator needs fixing too......I play with keyboard, and it's very annoying after you have just had a crash, only for it to take some time for the car to accelerate.

Love this game and great job bugbear.....I love you

Tug

Team Bugbear Member
MSPORTBMW said:
Thanks guys for another hot fix.....I'm yet to try it, but will do later on. Multiplayer is so much fun. I just wish I had more spare time to play it????

Like someone else said, the slow accelerator needs fixing too......I play with keyboard, and it's very annoying after you have just had a crash, only for it to take some time for the car to accelerate.

Love this game and great job bugbear.....I love you
If you just shift into neutral for a moment to rev the engine, then slam it into first the problem doesn't happen. You can do this easily with manual transmission, but in automatic you must hold the brake until you see the gear indicator change to N, as far as I know. I think it happens because the engine idle speed is too close to 0 RPM, so the power curve is absurdly low starting the gear at near 0 RPM. Like what happens in real life if you idle your car, shift into 4th or 5th, and let out the clutch, then push the gas. Not much happens.

FreddyDipstick

Full time wrecker
hotfix didnt work.

just joined my 2nd race online after the hotfix, it was speedway level, and at start of race it spawns me halfway underground at the stadium derby level.

also i still cant host games. opened ports for ncg and steam, turned of firewall, changed ip from dynamic to static, turned off virusscan switched routers, did the ports again, changed router again ports again and IT WILL NOT WORK.

iceuponfire

many thanks for patching the game so quickly.

It'll be great if you could implement server filter (i kind of dont care about private servers, race i progress servers or full ones :)).

iceuponfire

"Please let us know in case you’re still experiencing the issue, we’re monitoring the situation."

It didn't work for me too.

Dani

When I set textures to ultra and i click continue at the end of a race, I get the error "failed to load texture ()".
Doesn't happen on normal textures setting.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
iceuponfire said:
many thanks for patching the game so quickly.

It'll be great if you could implement server filter (i kind of dont care about private servers, race i progress servers or full ones :)).
I'm glad I can see all hosts in host list, Sometimes I want to join a friends host but I see it full. So I keep hitting refresh until I see a spot open up and go join. Unless someone else beat me to the open slot. :p

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Dani said:
When I set textures to ultra and i click continue at the end of a race, I get the error "failed to load texture ()".
Doesn't happen on normal textures setting.
Do you have an AMD video card?

museumsteve

Tried 6 online races in the last 20 minutes and all had serious issues :s

One I had ping of around 50, most other between 50-100. The just before race starts pings shot up to around 600+ for everyone
One tarmac race we (well I) started under the track and got stuck against trees
The last was at Derby Stadium with 8 cars and we were all lined up like a track race (not facing each other) and drove straight into the wall and disappeared :(