Hot Fix Update 2014-10-07 (REVERTED but redone since)

batter

Full time wrecker
Gee, some of you guys have issues understanding the game is early access.

Just work your time guys, its better to have some real progress instead of trying to patch up hotfixes for people that wont ever be satisfied.

MSPORTBMW

Master Blaster
I appreciate everything that bugbear does.....the updates/hotfixes etc. They will get it right, and if they cant, im sure they will revert to the original build#6 until they can sort it properly.

For me, i only see 3 servers up in lobby.....i try to join one with spare spaces, it starts to load, but before i get into the lobby i get server error.

Dillinja187

MSPORTBMW said:
I appreciate everything that bugbear does.....the updates/hotfixes etc. They will get it right, and if they cant, im sure they will revert to the original build#6 until they can sort it properly.

For me, i only see 3 servers up in lobby.....i try to join one with spare spaces, it starts to load, but before i get into the lobby i get server error.
I Agree, go to original build #6, I know there was an issue with 18th player joining but if we are aware of this set server parameters to 17 or 16, losing 1 player is a much better option than not being able to play at all....well not strictly true we can play but its very short lived and ends abruptly with .exe crash

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
Maybe ask the community to help test MP updates, as I doubt you can really test it internally.

Say for example, a post in the forum to ask volunteers to help check new hotfix, which you send them alone to over-write games exe, strikes me as a much better idea than the current one.

Dunno how that would work using steam for MP, but just a suggestion ;)

Dillinja187

Cornkid said:
Maybe ask the community to help test MP updates, as I doubt you can really test it internally.

Say for example, a post in the forum to ask volunteers to help check new hotfix, which you send them alone to over-write games exe, strikes me as a much better idea than the current one.

Dunno how that would work using steam for MP, but just a suggestion ;)
Seems a great idea ! how it would be implemented I have no idea Ha....but count me in as volunteer if its possible..!

Cornkid

Full time wrecker
I'm pretty sure most regulars here would offer to help as we can. But again, not sure if its possible with steam.

I just figure that the current dev testing cant emulate as much variety as playing with some from all around the world.

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
I am sure they will go back pre hotfix #2 like yesterday. Seems an obvious solution, if the issue isn't identified before they leave the office today :)

Dillinja187

Lari Fari said:
I am sure they will go back pre hotfix #2 like yesterday. Seems an obvious solution, if the issue isn't identified before they leave the office today :)
lets hope so...although I see Finland is +2hrs makes it quarter past 6 office is closed by now isn't it ? or are the devs hitting a ghoster tonight?..

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
I would say the are still busy trying to find it. Must be frustrating to have to go back to pre hotfix 2 days in a row, so they'll probably try to avoid it.

BUT if they can't I would really hope the last thing they do before they leave is unhotfix the game, so we can have an evening of fun! :)

Cornkid

Full time wrecker
Lari Fari said:
I would say the are still busy trying to find it. Must be frustrating to have to go back to pre hotfix 2 days in a row, so they'll probably try to avoid it.

BUT if they can't I would really hope the last thing they do before they leave is unhotfix the game, so we can have an evening of fun! :)
I admire your optimism bro. Particularly as no devs have confirmed theres an issue yet.

Personally, I think they've gone home confident that game works, and left it at that.

I seriously hope I'm wrong ;)

Fisu

don't know what hot fix loaded now but all MP games are crashing for me (host or visitor).

Dillinja187

BlackSmokeDieselTurbo said:
Sorry Bugbear, no rest for you. Tried hosting and its crashing immidately. You need to fix it or people will hate you forever for this noon
Gave us all a weekend of unadulterated fun ! reduced to nothing...

We are aware of the issues. It proved very difficult to reproduce the crashes in the office between devs only, but I hear a potential fix has now been found. It will be pushed out shortly, or if it needs more work, a previous working version will be reverted to Steam. Sorry about spoiling your fun, hopefully you'll forget all about it once it's working again! :)

Tapio Vierros said:
We are aware of the issues. It proved very difficult to reproduce the crashes in the office between devs only, but I hear a potential fix has now been found. It will be pushed out shortly, or if it needs more work, a previous working version will be reverted to Steam. Sorry about spoiling your fun, hopefully you'll forget all about it once it's working again! :)
Wonderful BB! Hopefully this will work out, for our own health and mind :D

Cornkid

Full time wrecker
I tend to stay pretty positive and respect the work devs do, but right now am less than pleased.

We waited 3 weeks past original date for update 6, as we were told that "we only get 1 shot at multiplayer and it needs to be right"

Sooo, by my reckoning, if you did it right, and got extra sales, how happy will those peeps be ?

Still crashing every MP game, I get that you are doing your best with game, just you may well of screwed yourselves with these broken hotfixes.

Cornkid

Full time wrecker
Tapio Vierros said:
We are aware of the issues. It proved very difficult to reproduce the crashes in the office between devs only
I rest my case your honour, and thanks for the rollback if needed