Hot Fix Update 2014-10-07 (REVERTED but redone since)

Dillinja187

Tapio Vierros said:
We are aware of the issues. It proved very difficult to reproduce the crashes in the office between devs only, but I hear a potential fix has now been found. It will be pushed out shortly, or if it needs more work, a previous working version will be reverted to Steam. Sorry about spoiling your fun, hopefully you'll forget all about it once it's working again! :)
Once its fixed ! ive forgotten already !

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
A new hot fix is live, please update your game by logging out and back in. Let's see what happens ;-)
thanks team for new fix, fingers crossed ;)

B

BrianUK

Tapio Vierros said:
We are aware of the issues. It proved very difficult to reproduce the crashes in the office between devs only, but I hear a potential fix has now been found. It will be pushed out shortly, or if it needs more work, a previous working version will be reverted to Steam. Sorry about spoiling your fun, hopefully you'll forget all about it once it's working again! :)
Damn you, I'll never forget the day you wronged us by smashing Multiplayer to pieces!

Wait, what was I upset about?

Eh. To the racetrack!

Tug

Team Bugbear Member
This is a perfect example of why the Steam Bata / development branch is such a great idea. You can have a guaranteed working version on live, and have as many or as few players as you wish testing out the next build on beta, ensuring that when it is released, even those things that cant be tested internally are working properly.

Also, despite this being Early Access and labelled as pre-alpha, the public is still playing it, so whatever is released as a live build is making an impression. No matter what, the live build should contain working systems, features and mechanics only, while the dev build can contain whatever the hell you want.

MAZter

Master Blaster
after selecting the server sometimes i see level loading picture and nothing happens, only one way to stop the problem by Alt + F4

bazziboy

Same for me, can't continue from loading screen then.
Also i wonder why the 3.0 engine of the European Coupe is weaker than it's 2.8 engine (it's tuned?) ?!?
Anyways, no crashes and games runs without lag (maybe it was a good host)!

FalconXY

Yes sometimes hang on loading screen.
But very stable online at the moment. Very playable now for me.

Handling seems to be a bit trickier now but that's good.

dsiOne

Weeked Smasher
MAZter said:
after selecting the server sometimes i see level loading picture and nothing happens, only one way to stop the problem by Alt + F4
I've got this same problem. At least the old patch would fail to connect eventually without needing to restart the whole game and re-mod the car.

Tug

Team Bugbear Member
Yeah, ideally eventually our car set-ups can be saved, and ideally we will be able to change loadout and car without leaving server.

V8-Cowboy

Full time wrecker
I've been getting infinite load screens when trying to connect to online games.
I use a wireless xbox 360 controller through a wireless receiver. Dunno if that makes a difference

V8-Cowboy

Full time wrecker
Upon further inspection, it only seems to happen when I try to join a server with a race in progress

Callahan420

Full time wrecker
V8-Cowboy said:
I've been getting infinite load screens when trying to connect to online games.
I use a wireless xbox 360 controller through a wireless receiver. Dunno if that makes a difference
V8-Cowboy said:
Upon further inspection, it only seems to happen when I try to join a server with a race in progress
Confirmed. Using a 360 controller and Race in progress as well sitting for 5+ minutes.
Unplugged the wireless dongle just using the mouse has the same effect.

Will post in bug forum.

MSPORTBMW

Master Blaster
Am able to play online and join servers with this fix. But like others, sometimes it will just stay on the track loading screen and i have to close the game. Also sometimes when trying to join a server for say a speedway race, the loading screen shows a pic of the mudpit.....then i get server error.