Hot Fix Update 2014-10-07 (REVERTED but redone since)

Hep!

Weeked Smasher
Hi,

Thx for update and the game.

Some bugs (append on 2 computers):

- The number of laps does not increase during a MP race on Sandpit. Just a interface bug because the lap time was good and i can finished the race.
- The discussion on the chat was invisible in several MP game. I can wrote, because a friend say it to me, but i don't see anything.

- (not new, we have this probleme before the update) We had sometime big probleme to start. The car seems slipping but it could arrive on the middle of the road (sandpit, sandpit1 and gravel) at the start of the race. Breaking and trying again don't work every time, both of us could lost 30 second before we could accelerate correctly... (play with pad and keyboard)

And, i know that it is a beta, but, if we could know the number of laps left when we wait on a server and little stuff like that (A table for the server list could be cool for example). Not to have a finished game, juste to be more easy to use. We are often in the server list and waiting to find race server with dirt track.

Sorry for my poor english and thx for reading.

Hep!

bazziboy

One thing i noticed was that when i get lag, the car stops moving annd when the connectionn is up again, all input i did in the lag time is being 'replayed', leading to inevitable crashes :) Maybe there is a possibility to drop the input in these cases and start from beginning?

T

T3MPraw

bazziboy said:
One thing i noticed was that when i get lag, the car stops moving annd when the connectionn is up again, all input i did in the lag time is being 'replayed', leading to inevitable crashes :) Maybe there is a possibility to drop the input in these cases and start from beginning?
When I am having Lag playing multi-player I let go of controlling the car and wait for the lag to disappear. I usually only lose speed but avoid the frontal impact with the surroundings :)

p_nut_uk

Am I the only one thinking that the damage system has somehow got worse? Seems to be like cars are getting wrecked far too easy now?

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
I think its appropriate. Maybe needs a little fine tuning here and there, but I think its headed in the right direction :)

B

BrianUK

The adjustment to low end power is welcome, but I still feel that it is nothing like it was in the previous build, where I could wheel spin wildly or lightly accelerate at will. I'm still being forced into crawling up to 3000 revs before the car starts to pick up.

Multiplayer is generally good as of the latest hotfix, however on every 3rd race of a session I get a horrid lag spike for no apparent reason, but after that it runs flawlessly.

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Jup, experincing those lagg spikes too. Especially with 16 or more players. Up to 15 they almost never occur.

crazychris4124

Full time wrecker
p_nut_uk said:
Am I the only one thinking that the damage system has somehow got worse? Seems to be like cars are getting wrecked far too easy now?
Ive been instantly wrecked a couple times in both single player and multiplayer. Hope its just a bug because nothing more frustrating than being taken out in the first 20 seconds of a demo derby and having to watch everybody

MSPORTBMW

Master Blaster
I think the damage is fine...I've never got wrecked with 1 hit. I think they have to balance the amount of damage so that you can't just drive into things at warp speed all through the race and survive till the end. As it is of now, you have to be a bit conservative with your hits and keep an eye on your damage indicator. I always know when the indicators are black, the next hit will more than likely wreck me.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
I think the damage is pretty balanced atm.I can dish out the hits for 10 laps on the speedway and finish.Its usually the lag at the first bend or mishitting people and driving into the wall that gets me.Choice of car seems to effect what style of racing i adopt which is also good.Slower,heavier sedan seems to give and take more damage than the lighter,faster muscles.