Hot Fix Update 2014-10-09

T

Team Bugbear

The hot fix battery keeps on hammering! We have just updated the game with a yet another hot fix that should address the issue with the game often freezing in the loading screen when trying to join a server. A couple of other minor issues have been fixed as well.

* The game no longer freezes into the loading screen when joining a server.
* Cinematic camera is no longer always targeted to the host in multiplayer.
* It’s no longer possible to drive around in lobby.

Thanks!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
Be sure to let us know in case you still find yourself stuck in the loading screen.

And no driving around in the lobby, remember ;-)

Conte Zero

Crash hard, then crash harder.
Full time wrecker
Tomorrow I will be back on NCG after a while. I have he big update Build 6, but didnt follow the hotfixes
Should I install only the last one?
Will Steam do everything automagically?

Thank you Bugbear

Aerotactics

Conte Zero said:
Tomorrow I will be back on NCG after a while. I have he big update Build 6, but didnt follow the hotfixes
Should I install only the last one?
Will Steam do everything automagically?

Thank you Bugbear
Steam does it automatically, yes.

B

BrianUK

Just had a crash where I was spectating someone who then quit the game.

Holybeer

Well, this is not good ..

- My ping is around 240, I should have 50 ( that was what I had on BF3 or Black Ops 2).
- I had lags ( which is logical )
- Chat doesn't work anymore
- Car seems to be destroyed a bit too faster ( the physics / damage system from the Build#6 were so much better )

:)

Tyl3r99

i agree with the amount of lag with high number of cars :(

i have to join servers with under 10 players to not get the lag at all

Dillinja187

Well findings tonight after 5 hours hosting no crashes from the game itself which is good :) Steam pooped its knickers while hosting but im not sure if that is related....

As for lag it appears much over 15p everyone experiences lag at some point mainly at the start...15 and under its sweeeeeeet !

Wicked races tonight, you know who you are :)

quad4racing

High number of cars require the host to have a lot of UPLOAD bandwidth. 5Mbit UP for 16 player 1Mbit up for 8 player. I know where I live the popular cable speeds are around 20Mbit down/2Mbit up. Or 16Mbit down/1Mbit up. I imagine most host are ignoring these bandwidth recommendations hence the lag.

quad4racing

Holybeer said:
Well, this is not good ..

- My ping is around 240, I should have 50 ( that was what I had on BF3 or Black Ops 2).
This isn't a fault of the game.
Ping is the time it takes for a packet (chunk of data) to travel from your computer to the host. It'll vary depending on server location network conditions etc. Try to chose a host with a low ping from the multiplayer lobby. They're sorted lowest ping from top to bottom.

Holybeer

Dude, don't play at Mr. know-it-all.

I always had 50 in every game I played. Fact is, i'm working in computing. I know how network works. Yesterday I played with someone in the same country. The average ping was 70-80. I started at 50, screen loaded, we ALL had between 240 and 350 and get huge lags.

Joined another game, same. these lags happen because of the bad socket construction for the online. They do need to work this.

MSPORTBMW

Master Blaster
I only realised the other day that when you host and choose the number of players, it also says what the recommended upload is. I'm fairly lucky to have 10 mb upload so I can host maximum amount of cars.

citizenerased

Weeked Smasher
Has there been another hotfix? I don't notice any difference but steam downloaded 57.4mb which seems to be a texture for sandpit1 and a few other files are updated.

Holybeer said:
Dude, don't play at Mr. know-it-all.

I always had 50 in every game I played. Fact is, i'm working in computing. I know how network works. Yesterday I played with someone in the same country. The average ping was 70-80. I started at 50, screen loaded, we ALL had between 240 and 350 and get huge lags.

Joined another game, same. these lags happen because of the bad socket construction for the online. They do need to work this.
It's possibly because people are hosting this at home on domestic broadband without a very fast upload speed. The fact is it's possible to join games with a ping of around 50 even with 16 cars so you can't point your finger solely at the game.

szutyi93

Full time wrecker
Holybeer said:
- Car seems to be destroyed a bit too faster ( the physics / damage system from the Build#6 were so much better )

:)
I think this is a good thing because now you have to take care of your car not just hit everyone and go away.

In the Speedway map with 10 laps and 18 players its a challenge to even finish the race because if you not looking you can crush the car easily and its a good think because now everyone have a tactic to finish the race and win.

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
citizenerased said:
Has there been another hotfix? I don't notice any difference but steam downloaded 57.4mb which seems to be a texture for sandpit1 and a few other files are updated.
Yes, there has, not sure what it did.

MP still lags above 10, and I have a reasonable connection speed.

As for "HolyBeer" the PC guru, sometimes its just best to walk away , twice I have joined your room to wait for it to fill, and twice you stopped hosting soon as it filled. For the sake of doubt I will call it a game glitch, but thats being generous, but it does seem fashionable to blame the game ;)