Hot Fix Update 2014-10-14

T

Team Bugbear

The build has been updated with the following changes:

* Fixed several rare crashes.
* The popup for wrong password is now correctly displayed.
* Quick look-back camera now works with separate wheel/pedals setup.
* Speedway loading screen image is now displayed correctly in multiplayer.

As always, all feedback is very welcome!

citizenerased

Weeked Smasher
When I crash in to something I'm seeing these bright blue particles flying off everything. Only happening now after the update, never seen it before.

Dillinja187

Thanks for the update guys..test tonight hosting and post tomorrow, last night I was getting a weird problem, while in game all of a suddern back to desktop while NCG was still running (like I alt tabbed out) but I didn't...again il see tonight if it re-occurs

Same here, checking this evening how it goes, feedback is ready for tomorrow for you guys ;) Thanks for the info beforehand!

NigMax

eat ur Brektfest
Thanks for the update! I've been steering with joystick (T16000m) and using left shift for look back, working perfectly now. :)

Dillinja187

citizenerased said:
When I crash in to something I'm seeing these bright blue particles flying off everything. Only happening now after the update, never seen it before.

Please don't shout too loud, everybody will be wanting pretty blue particles like you have :) (I do)

On a serious note are they "normal" particles but just turned blue or is it something completely out of the ordinary ?

szutyi93

Full time wrecker
Still nobody can join to my server since the hotfix before that. Forced my friends to buy the game because there is multiplayer and now no one of us can host.

Can someone do something about it?

Tug

Team Bugbear Member
Really looking forward to a disabling of that reset button; It's completely ruining races and derbies.

FalconXY

After the latest hotfix I had one game crash of Wreckfest.exe when I tried to host a server with Derby Small Arena (Last Man).
But that was shortly after all servers had crashed while a race was going on (no servers were available for some minutes after that server crash).
Then back to normal and stable.

Yesterday evening i played a couple rounds, on different servers. Seems to me that it works okay, sometimes it can't connect to a server, after trying again it works most of the time. In the server it all goes well, thumbs up!

Conte Zero

Crash hard, then crash harder.
Full time wrecker
Haven't tried hosting , actually I gave up hosting ANT videogame since my provider is fast as light (italian Fastweb) but it uses some weird NAT technology that makes me "invisible" for the rest of the world. It's ok, I'm used to join instead of hosting

about joining, nothing changed really much for me. It's relatively reliable, 70% of the time I join at first attempt, other times it fails and I have to retry or change server

Dillinja187

Tug said:
Really looking forward to a disabling of that reset button; It's completely ruining races and derbies.
Or at least make it a server option on or off, getting gangt by back markers I thank the lord for reset sometimes if im honest but yeah in derbys there should be no reset because its not a "race" Per Se

Dillinja187

Well last night was eventful hosting, 4-5 hours of good rounds and good racing for the most part, there wasn't any or very little moaning of lag (12-16p)so im guessing its not too bad for now :) , however the chat is still buggy and delayed, most annoying trying to chat there, some people cant see it at all while others can see it but cant txt themselves its all abit balls to the wall on that front (seems to get worse over time until it stops working for everyone host included), that said the reaction from people who enter MP NCG for the 1st time is one of shock, ore and a grin from ear to ear (im guessing) lots of wow's and holy s*** which is always nice and answers the question how MP is right about now :), yeah it needs a lot more polish netcode wise and in other areas plus more server options and options in general but im sure its in the pipeline.

Its a Job well done so far BB and I think I speak for most of the community when I say that........

Please keep info and news coming as we all love to hear about whats new and up n' coming :)

Cheers

Dillinja187 said:
Well last night was eventful hosting, 4-5 hours of good rounds and good racing for the most part, there wasn't any or very little moaning of lag (12-16p)so im guessing its not too bad for now :) , however the chat is still buggy and delayed, most annoying trying to chat there, some people cant see it at all while others can see it but cant txt themselves its all abit balls to the wall on that front (seems to get worse over time until it stops working for everyone host included), that said the reaction from people who enter MP NCG for the 1st time is one of shock, ore and a grin from ear to ear (im guessing) lots of wow's and holy s*** which is always nice and answers the question how MP is right about now :), yeah it needs a lot more polish netcode wise and in other areas plus more server options and options in general but im sure its in the pipeline.

Its a Job well done so far BB and I think I speak for most of the community when I say that........

Please keep info and news coming as we all love to hear about whats new and up n' coming :)

Cheers
I joined your server once but I had to quit because of the bug that makes your view look right every time you accelerate and after that I simply couldn't reconnect to your game.

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
ATM there's an eror where you often can't join a server with race in progress. You have to wait until players are in lobby to join. :)

Dillinja187

Lari Fari said:
ATM there's an eror where you often can't join a server with race in progress. You have to wait until players are in lobby to join. :)
Atm because of this bug as Lari said, wait until server is in lobby to try to join again

Hep!

Weeked Smasher
I confirm what Dillinja187 said his server works fine without lag on the client side too.
And for the chat too, it does not appear once in 2 or 3 for me. However, I got the impression that when the chat has crached on the server, and those who saw the chat has lost it, I, who did not see it until then, was able to read the messages. Dillinja187 restarted the server and everything is back in order. (i hope i'm understable and it could be usefull)

Otherwise, your game is just awesome.

Thank you Dillinja187 for hosting with racing tracks, and see you soon ;-)