Hot Fix Update 2014-10-14

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
I'll be back on tonight after an evening off (watching football yesterday). Can't wait to get back to it. See you later! :)

@tero: the gme doesn't get stuck in loading screen in that situation anymore. But theres an error message "connection to server lost". You can click OK to return to garage. This is an improvement over gamcrash. But the issue with joining servers with "race in progress" seems to persist.

Lari Fari said:
I'll be back on tonight after an evening off (watching football yesterday). Can't wait to get back to it. See you later! :)

@tero: the gme doesn't get stuck in loading screen in that situation anymore. But theres an error message "connection to server lost". You can click OK to return to garage. This is an improvement over gamcrash. But the issue with joining servers with "race in progress" seems to persist.
Is that happening every time or just occasionally? I could get it only like twice out of 20 tries.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Occasionally. Seems to happen when your lobby list shows it as open,but race has started before you join server. Does the same when browser shows race in progress but by the time you click join lobby status has changed

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Couldn't play yesterday so no not sure how often it occurs. But I'm pretty sure that its not every time. And it seems to work better for some players. At least mrQugel reported that he hadn't noticed this at all. But to b fair he hosts a lot himself so how should he ;)

I will report on this again after another test tonight :)

Shortcut

Full time wrecker
After this hotfix i have a big problem. After a few races when im back in the garage the camera rotates very fast without pressing any key i have connected mouse and controller and only when i click the right button on the mouse the car rotates a short time very fast in the other direktion and then it stops when i start a derby in stadium(deathmatch) with the american muscle 2 i cant play the game because the camera is locked on the side view with look on the rigt...very bad -.- i've tested it its in any racetype only when i close the game and restart it, its gone bit after ~10 minutes it happens again...hope u can fix it

And another problem: when the race is finished and i click on the results list on "continue" the screen freezes and nothing is working anymore but the musik still plays :D. When i press the windows key a window pops up with the name "fatal error" and it says: "FAILED TO CREATE TEXTURE ()"

And the third thing: the fps from constantly 60 drops down to 17 at the beginning and big crash from stadium derby i think its the particles i maxed all but my pc should work this ....hm

So far....good updates ;) handling is nice and damage model is great but this update is for me worser than the last one on the last update all worked for me

Lari Fari said:
Awesome! SO will you be on for some racing tonight?
Not quiet sure, got to do some homework. Guess i will come online for some laps anyway :p I'll send you a friend request on steam if you don't mind, makes it a bit easier to find eachother!

Dillinja187

Shortcut said:
After this hotfix i have a big problem. After a few races when im back in the garage the camera rotates very fast without pressing any key i have connected mouse and controller and only when i click the right button on the mouse the car rotates a short time very fast in the other direktion and then it stops when i start a derby in stadium(deathmatch) with the american muscle 2 i cant play the game because the camera is locked on the side view with look on the rigt...very bad -.- i've tested it its in any racetype only when i close the game and restart it, its gone bit after ~10 minutes it happens again...hope u can fix it

And another problem: when the race is finished and i click on the results list on "continue" the screen freezes and nothing is working anymore but the musik still plays :D. When i press the windows key a window pops up with the name "fatal error" and it says: "FAILED TO CREATE TEXTURE ()"

And the third thing: the fps from constantly 60 drops down to 17 at the beginning and big crash from stadium derby i think its the particles i maxed all but my pc should work this ....hm

So far....good updates ;) handling is nice and damage model is great but this update is for me worser than the last one on the last update all worked for me
please with texture error lower ur texture quality by 1 notch and u wont see error again...the exe is only 32bit so mem is a prob, there is talk of a 64bit exe which will help/stop this problem ( by the way its got nothing to do with how much mem u have in either Vram or system ram)

Conte Zero

Crash hard, then crash harder.
Full time wrecker
Conte Zero said:
Haven't tried hosting , actually I gave up hosting ANT videogame since my provider is fast as light (italian Fastweb) but it uses some weird NAT technology that makes me "invisible" for the rest of the world. It's ok, I'm used to join instead of hosting

about joining, nothing changed really much for me. It's relatively reliable, 70% of the time I join at first attempt, other times it fails and I have to retry or change server
I have to quote myself: first race today, after the latest hotfix
results: very, very difficult to join, 90% of the times I got a "lost connection to server"
then first OK, race starts, there is a HUGE lag/freeze at turn 1 on figure 8, and when the game un-freezes my car is IN FLAMES, end of game

I'm out of the competitions so far, gave up.
sorry.

Tried for half an hour to join a lobby and got lost connection and other times it just refreshed on the part where you select a lobby :(.

Edit: Just tried again: in the game waiting for game to finish then suddenly lost disconnection, second time in the race just driving on my own then the game says lost connection and then it crashed on me. Have just managed to get in a game with Lari Faris brother hosting four lost connection then suddenly regained connection then literally crossed the finish line and the game crashed.
Had the occasional problem before the update but nothing this bad.

On a side note what does it mean by frequency, it's the one thing I have no idea about?

FollowWings

There is nothing impossible just laziness!! ;-)
Full time wrecker
Hit refresh repeatedly to succes connect i suggest it helps a lot!

dsiOne

Weeked Smasher
maxrevsphotography said:
Tried for half an hour to join a lobby and got lost connection and other times it just refreshed on the part where you select a lobby :(.

Edit: Just tried again: in the game waiting for game to finish then suddenly lost disconnection, second time in the race just driving on my own then the game says lost connection and then it crashed on me. Have just managed to get in a game with Lari Faris brother hosting four lost connection then suddenly regained connection then literally crossed the finish line and the game crashed.
Had the occasional problem before the update but nothing this bad.

On a side note what does it mean by frequency, it's the one thing I have no idea about?
Frequency is how frequent the host sends you updates of everyone's position on track (presumably at least, maybe everything on track too?). IDK the exact differences but I've only really noticed connection/lag issues when playing in lobbies with it set to high. I'm just using the default setting to host since it seems to be the most stable.

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Tero said:
Lari Fari said:

Is that happening every time or just occasionally? I could get it only like twice out of 20 tries.
Came back to confirm it worked fine for me today. I could join even when race was in progress. Never lost connection even once! :)

In one odd event I couldn't go to pause menu. Neither via "start button" nor via "escape. Anyone else ever had this issue?

I might post it as a bug. But I'm off to bed now. more testing tomorrow.. :)

Dela

Weeked Smasher
I haven't played in a while but now i updated and tested out and holy cow why is performance so bad.
I can't get stable 60fps out no matter what i try. I used to get 60 out all maxed now 35-40 all maxed and surprisingly if i lower settings i get worse fps.
So all turned to half 28-32 fps all maxed out 35-40 fps and i tried pretty much all combinations and never was able to get stable 60 out.
Even turning off ambient occlusion affected negatively (-10fps)

Why is it this bad now ?

Edit : Turning all down and off (apart from ao) i was able to get steady 60 but it looks like s*it

Edit2: FINALLY I FIGURED IT OUT. Shadow quality is the killer of fps. It wasn't for me before but now it absolutely destroys framerate.

Anyone else have similar issues ?

szutyi93

Full time wrecker
Do you work on the hosting problem? (who could host if do the ports now can't after the hotfix before that)

The servers always full because only a few people can host.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Dela said:
I haven't played in a while but now i updated and tested out and holy cow why is performance so bad.
I can't get stable 60fps out no matter what i try. I used to get 60 out all maxed now 35-40 all maxed and surprisingly if i lower settings i get worse fps.
So all turned to half 28-32 fps all maxed out 35-40 fps and i tried pretty much all combinations and never was able to get stable 60 out.
Even turning off ambient occlusion affected negatively (-10fps)

Why is it this bad now ?

Edit : Turning all down and off (apart from ao) i was able to get steady 60 but it looks like s*it

Edit2: FINALLY I FIGURED IT OUT. Shadow quality is the killer of fps. It wasn't for me before but now it absolutely destroys framerate.

Anyone else have similar issues ?
Shadows,grass distance and AA rape my frame rate.