Hotfix 07-09-2014

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
Re: Hotfix Update 07-09-2014

Yeah, that's my general feeling about the current tracks too. I'm not in love with any of them and am hoping to see a lot of work done on them.

Ryno917

Full time wrecker

I think there's a decision that needs to be made; how realistic does BB want to go with the game? Right now the gravel track is a perfectly realistic banger course imho. The Sandpit tracks are a little bit less realistic as no sane person would ever hold a race with heavy machinery sitting on the track - but the layouts themselves are perfectly realistic. Then there's some people asking for far zanier circuits.

Personally, I'd like to see more stuff like the gravel circuit or Sandpit, but I know that I don't speak for everyone. I think BB should pic a direction, though, and more or less stick with it because if we get a large mix of styles (styles meaning realistic through to hugely arcade and unrealistic with ski jumps and the like) the game will wind up feeling schizophrenic. Whatever that direction is I'm fine with it, but I do prefer the more realistic route, about the same as the Sandpit courses. :)

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker

I want FO2/UC style tracks personally. I think they were a perfect blend of action and realism.

PoppySquidJr

Live Fast, Die Young
Full time wrecker

Ryno917 said:
I think there's a decision that needs to be made; how realistic does BB want to go with the game? Right now the gravel track is a perfectly realistic banger course imho. The Sandpit tracks are a little bit less realistic as no sane person would ever hold a race with heavy machinery sitting on the track - but the layouts themselves are perfectly realistic. Then there's some people asking for far zanier circuits.

Personally, I'd like to see more stuff like the gravel circuit or Sandpit, but I know that I don't speak for everyone. I think BB should pic a direction, though, and more or less stick with it because if we get a large mix of styles (styles meaning realistic through to hugely arcade and unrealistic with ski jumps and the like) the game will wind up feeling schizophrenic. Whatever that direction is I'm fine with it, but I do prefer the more realistic route, about the same as the Sandpit courses. :)
Personally I love the realism, more tracks like Gravel would make me stoked. My biggest draw to this game is that there is this weird juxtaposition of realism in control and environment with a "backyard derby" feel to it, with all the lawlessness and chaos. I'd be okay with them going a bit more arcadey with it if that's what everyone else really wants, but on a personal level I get more disappointed with every step towards the arcade racer.

Conte Zero

Crash hard, then crash harder.
Full time wrecker

Usmovers_02 said:
I want FO2/UC style tracks personally. I think they were a perfect blend of action and realism.
Agree 100‰ fo2 and UC were a blast. NCG is great, a tech masterpiece, next gen, call it whatever you want, but so far I can't feel the driving madman factor, that insane silly violence in-race, THAT fun.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

PoppySquidJr said:
Ryno917 said:

Personally I love the realism, more tracks like Gravel would make me stoked. My biggest draw to this game is that there is this weird juxtaposition of realism in control and environment with a "backyard derby" feel to it, with all the lawlessness and chaos. I'd be okay with them going a bit more arcadey with it if that's what everyone else really wants, but on a personal level I get more disappointed with every step towards the arcade racer.
+1 for more plausible NCG tracks over arcade style circuits

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker

I would prefer some additional objects that can have impact on the cars and maybe even change the track layout. In FlatOut 1 this was very well done and with a Pepper you really needed to drive differently than any other car.

HYLK

Full time wrecker

Would like to see more jumps, u-turns, bumpy roads and hills.
Just so much u can like on this tracks so far. probably will get better, but even FO hade more fun to their tracks.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker

Wait... people didn't like the TRACKS in FO2/UC?!? I know people don't like the handling but come on!! Those tracks were a blast! The ones we have now are bland both artistically and gameplay wise. I know they're not done but there is just no "wow" factor in the tracks we have now. There was on pretty much every FO2/UC track. I'd love to hear why people didn't like the tracks. Do people not want these NCG tracks to be more populated? I want all the destruction and chaos from UC! lol :p

sam223

Weeked Smasher

Usmovers_02 said:
Wait... people didn't like the TRACKS in FO2/UC?!? I know people don't like the handling but come on!! Those tracks were a blast! The ones we have now are bland both artistically and gameplay wise. I know they're not done but there is just no "wow" factor in the tracks we have now. There was on pretty much every FO2/UC track. I'd love to hear why people didn't like the tracks. Do people not want these NCG tracks to be more populated? I want all the destruction and chaos from UC! lol :p
I prefer the NCG tracks to flatout2 tracks.I like NCG's less chaotic layouts with fewer jumps,tunnels,debris

W

wowsers54

sam223 said:
Usmovers_02 said:
I prefer the NCG tracks to flatout2 tracks.I like NCG's less chaotic layouts with fewer jumps,tunnels,debris
Absolutely not. FO2 tracks were the best.

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker

Usmovers_02 said:
FO2/UC tracks were too wide and there wasn't enough challenging corners. It felt that you were always driving oval. I would prefer that they now just add some objects on the road to bring some extra corners and mayhem so I agree with that ;D

ztox

sam223 said:
PoppySquidJr said:
Ryno917 said:

+1 for more plausible NCG tracks over arcade style circuits
Amen :D

err

Usmovers_02 said:
Wait... people didn't like the TRACKS in FO2/UC?!? I know people don't like the handling but come on!! Those tracks were a blast!
In my opinion fo2 tracks are just terrible, way too wide, 90% of track you never had to use brake to win. And the wallriding, ugh. Also not biggest fan of locations.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

err said:
Usmovers_02 said:
Wait... people didn't like the TRACKS in FO2/UC?!? I know people don't like the handling but come on!! Those tracks were a blast!
In my opinion fo2 tracks are just terrible, way too wide, 90% of track you never had to use brake to win. And the wallriding, ugh. Also not biggest fan of locations.
I agree,i also found that there were many long straights that seemed like they were littered with jumps,tunnels and crap to make them less boring.I like NCG tracks because unlike FO2 i am in control most of the time and not flying through the air with no control every 10 seconds.

Iwasawa

Weeked Smasher

sam223 said:
err said:
Usmovers_02 said:
I agree,i also found that there were many long straights that seemed like they were littered with jumps,tunnels and crap to make them less boring.I like NCG tracks because unlike FO2 i am in control most of the time and not flying through the air with no control every 10 seconds.
I think flatout tracks were awesome, even if they had long straight parts you had to found the right braking distance. And the forest tracks were awwwwwww. I think thoose tracks were awesome but i could imagime even more exciting ones, i hope the devs will not stuck at 100% realism at tracks, that could basically ruin everything.. Some kind of FO1 style tracks would be good also.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker

I agree that "realistic" tracks will really bring this game down a notch in my book. I'm really really hoping the current tracks we have still have a ways to go. I've kinda assumed they do because right now they're just so plain.

Ryno917

Full time wrecker

I think the Sandpit track could use a little more life (I'm talking about the first one we got, not the two new layouts that are clearly unfinished), but I don't think the gravel track needs anything at all. It's perfect as is imho.

And to those who say that realistic tracks will bring the game down - I say that any blatantly unrealistic ones will bring the game down. It's 100% a matter of personal tastes, and I prefer something with some semblence to reality. Especially when the physics we have are pretty good. Not die-hard sim, but not Ridge Racer arcade. I'd go as far as to say that what we had in Update #4 was on par with Forza and Gran Turismo in terms of realism - just dumbed down enough to not have to try too hard at it, but still complex and realistic enough to make you feel like you're driving a car.

I'd like the circuits to have the same level as the physics do - not a totally accurate rallycross or banger track, but not a Destruction Derby 2 ski-jump in the middle of the straight kind of thing.

err

Usmovers_02 said:
I've kinda assumed they do because right now they're just so plain.
Here you can see comparison between track what is in development stage (what most tracks are right now) and final product.
I have no doubt that there will be much work done on those tracks before release.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

err said:
Usmovers_02 said:
I've kinda assumed they do because right now they're just so plain.
Here you can see comparison between track what is in development stage (what most tracks are right now) and final product.

I have no doubt that there will be much work done on those tracks before release.
Thanks err for video link. I do not think I have watch this video before, guess I never watch the credits to Flatout 1. Hey, you notice there were 15 cars in the figure 8 track? :eek:

We got 12 players online with the "12monkey" Flatout 1 test, but was not stable. :(

I do think the Flatout fans were expecting a track or 2 like we saw in Flatout 1 and 2 when we saw this Bugbear video with some NCG track racing footage ( 1:45 ):

Next Car Game - Pre-order now!