Hotfix 2015-07-03

Mortal

For me is a good upgrade, fix handbrake, also feel the suspension better now, more realistic american muscle1 I've had now, and generally some fun.

The drift complaints? I not think it's a, unaided simply must find the limit of grip and drift, it seems very rewarding drive that challenge as you race to win, I really like in the asphalt, and as mentioned is easier to counter steering. (retains the challenge, but it is easier to find the limit without making fatal errors, but please do not continue facilitating more things, or more arcady)

For me it's rewarding, and behavior of the suspension is now more similar to soft mode, I like the most natural response to transfers of weight.

Big thanks to Conso for the advice and here's the first attempt after a lot of fiddling with settings and converters.

Janne

Yayy senpai noticed me! :D lol. But I just wanted to say after more messing around, I don't know how I feel about the sudden snappy turn in followed by understeer to follow through. Makes some high speed adjustments a handful but at the same time when you get it just right it makes it that much more gratifying. However with that in mind, I don't know how the general masses will feel about that. Considering the idea of racing with many people and crashing everywhere. Makes sense to make it hard to drive clean to keep competition close at all times during the race (leaders can make small mistakes that suddenly turn into big mistakes) but races will be pretty short lived with the current damage settings (which will lead to frustration on the track for those serious racers who keep getting totaled after just a few hits). I wonder if you guys would want to implement a damage slider to make cars able to take more or less damage depending on what the person wants.

ex. have the damage set to high for people who want to do clean races so only a few crashes will total the car. Likewise set the damage to low for derbies and people who just wanna crash and see the car get mangled and torn apart. Just a thought. c:

happyrichie

You don't seem happy. Just remember they're working on it to the best of their ability and after a long wait to get the main build out they've been consistently trying to hot fix major issues that people encounter. The more stable the game gets performance wise I'm sure they'll begin to tweak the gameplay aspect to make it more enjoyable.

63R01d

It's a demolition derby game people, not need for speed with nitrous Bugatti veyrons. In derbies and figure 8 races with old cars there is less power and less traction especially if it's in the mud. The game is fine the way it is now. The only issue I have is the cars deal too much damage. The derbies don't last long enough. They barely last 5 minutes. A realy derby should at least be 15-20 minutes. Reduce the damage and make smaller arenas.

Dillinja187

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Another hotfix for Wreckfest is out, addressing a number of issues found in the game. The update also contains an experimental fix for the issue with mapping controller inputs; please do let us know in case the bug is fixed for you or if you still experience it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Before joining a multiplayer game, it's always a good idea to revert the networking settings back to default in the game's settings menu. In case you experience bad multiplayer performance you can try lowering client prediction time, but lowering it too much will cause glitches such as cars warping, rubberbanding, etc. so experiment with care.

In case you experience any random issues like being unable to map controller inputs or duplicate upgrades, please first try removing the user data generated by the previous game versions by navigating to [STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDER]/userdata/[USER ID]/228380 and removing the entire folder. The default Steam installation folder is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam'.

As always, thanks for your support!

Please find the changelog here:

- Fixed scrolling with mouse wheel.
- Fixed imperial units in user statistics, car info and HUD.
- Fixed multiplayer race start occasionally getting stuck.
- Disabled controller hotplugging to test if it caused mapping problems.
- Disabled wrong way speed limiter in single player.
- Fixed e-brake for all cars.
- Removed duplicate stock brake upgrades.
- Fixed European Coupe 2 engine name.
- Fixed incorrect gearbox names and added descriptions.
- Fixed American Sedan's windows going black when damaged.
- Improved gamepad controller to make counter-steering easier.
- Fixed AI behavior at race start.
Think you might be able to add to the change log the buggy cameras in bumper and bonnet view has gone for me this hotfix. maybe need afew more to pipe up and say its fixed.

Mortal

Ok now tested sedan in sandpit2 and not a good feeling, no transmision sense of weight and inertia, very easy controll not a challenge

in asphalt is true, maybe a lite drifer, with update fix1 the sense of grip is more sim style.

By now for me, in the sandpit2 with sedan not enjoy or challenge to drive,

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Just gave the new hotfix a spin on Tarmac track. I can report the handbrake does work for me now with my DFGT wheel. I can handbrake the hairpin turn to get the muscle 3 car to come around quicker now. :)

I have all graphic settings max or on, except FXAA and Foliage Transparency off and MSAA at 4x. On tarmac track with 23 AI and a 1280x960 resolution, I get low 30s at start with car in the middle of the pack. Rest of race my FPS are in the 30-50 range.

Wreckfest may look bad with low graphic settings, but with max graphic settings, game look good to me. :D

danthed said:
The game performance is really bad in multiplayer also with a good ping... its not much better solo, in fps its around 10fps faster and kind of playable but not perfect.

In multiplayer its mostly somewhere around 10fps, sometimes i have 20fps -yeah :) I think it depends on the number of cars playing and cars crashing :). My hardware is nvidia 660m, i7 2,4Ghz and 16GB RAM, uptodate drivers. I checked the task manager, my cpu runs fine with 20%-30% using 6GB RAM. But my graphiccard is doing alot and becomes realy hot, like never before... By the way, i disabled and lowerd all graphic settings to the minimum avaiable! Network is runing smooth. Standard Value of the Network Prediction Time is 800ms and I cant lower it from that with the slider. I increased it now, but it doesent change the performance. In my case I think it has not much to do with network tweaking.
Sound like you need to tweak the Prediction Time setting in the Network tab in the settings menu. Defualt setting is 800. Give this thread a read with my experience online with this setting:

Multi Player is unplayable at any setting now

Yesterday I was using a 1000 setting in a 17 player host and had good FPS. In a 9 player host in my testing, I was good at 4000 setting.

63R01d said:
It's a demolition derby game people, not need for speed with nitrous Bugatti veyrons. In derbies and figure 8 races with old cars there is less power and less traction especially if it's in the mud. The game is fine the way it is now. The only issue I have is the cars deal too much damage. The derbies don't last long enough. They barely last 5 minutes. A realy derby should at least be 15-20 minutes. Reduce the damage and make smaller arenas.
In Flatout 2 there was a damage setting that could be use offline or online. You could set it to 0.5, 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0. I think we could use a setting like this in Wreckfest.

Cono

Sims are often harder to handle than real race car.
IMO driving shouldn't be too hard, because then you can't focus to wrecking and actual racing/fun.
DiRT Rally is nicely balanced, because it isn't too hard to handle and FFB is just how it should be.

Dela

Weeked Smasher
So still no performance fix for amd cards :/

edit: seems bit more stable now but still very low fps. Dunno is this amd:s issue or yours.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Dela said:
So still no performance fix for amd cards :/

edit: seems bit more stable now but still very low fps. Dunno is this amd:s issue or yours.
Heard a few with AMD cards have issues,me included.

Angstrom

Am I the only one getting a "Wrong client version" pop up when trying to join certain servers? I'm not able to use the DX11 build as it keeps crashing once the race starts, but I didn't get this "Wrong client version" message before the hotfix today. I'm assuming it means that the host is playing on the DX11 build and that I can't join their server while I'm on the DX9 build?

Angstrom said:
Am I the only one getting a "Wrong client version" pop up when trying to join certain servers? I'm not able to use the DX11 build as it keeps crashing once the race starts, but I didn't get this "Wrong client version" message before the hotfix today. I'm assuming it means that the host is playing on the DX11 build and that I can't join their server while I'm on the DX9 build?
no it's probably a host that didn't update to the hotfix so the clients have different version number.

rhamm

Weeked Smasher
Team Bugbear Member
This game drives awesome with my CSW V2. The advanced controller options work well in fine tuning my Xbox 360 controller to get it to handle how I want it to. The cars turn horribly slow with the default gamepad settings.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Exactly. The issue should get fixed automatically as soon as all hosts update their game version.
I beat it the dedicated servers that are now running. If server got fire up before last hotfix yesterday, server be running with hotfix from July 1. These dedicated servers will need to be shut down and have their files updated.

FAN_RJS

tnx for the update BB! im happy things are going forward.

My request its about Force Feedback, i know that´s not a feature used by everyone but if u are going for sim-like game its going to be very important. The FFB "turns off" every time u steer, and it doesent have self align at all and thats completly game breaking.

Dirt Rally has a problem with the FFB, not exactly the same, it doesent turn off but did not had self align either so... Here´s a video of a game review that point the weak aspects of the FFB on that game and what they did to solve it, so this could be very usefull for you guys, since this is more or less what i feel on WreckFest

Another thing that i think its VERY important is the Clutch, in case u think its not so difficult task, the earlier you make it work the better, imho anything that shape the feeling of the game has to be better as possible in the shorter time, every time some1 try the game, can wait for new race modes, better netcode, better graphics, better sound, etc etc, but if game doesent have intuitive driving because a FFB that pull the steer in wrong direction and dont give info about what´s happening or u cant shift the gears in the time you need or u cant kick the clutch if u had an slow exit gonna make a judge about how fun it is to play it or not... and lets face it, its a driving game, the main concern of players is how car feels and drive.

Hope this feedback helps.

Hope to see some of you guys for an online race soon (Bad wi-fi = No fun). Trying to get the hang of each track with american muscle 3 and just finished a few runs on the gravel track (frame rate drops a bit at times probably from particle effect but nothing game breaking). Here's how it went.

Things don't always go well though..

Enjoy!

Also is there a way to make the throttle input a bit smoother for gamepad? I get nothing below 50% input and once it becomes responsive it gives more throttle than I wanted, resulting in things like the second video I posted here. Other than that some more tweaking of the shift response (for quicker gear changes) would really work wonders for all of us I'm sure. That's all for now, looking forward to more updates! :D

BattleXer

Two men go in. Only one comes out!
Full time wrecker
American Sedan is very, very touchy for me. I only need to slightly bump into a curb or ditch sideways, and it'll flip.
Plus it also feels like it's sitting on a round bottom. Pretty much listing to either side all the time. Needs work.

Handbrake still doesn't really have much of an effect.

Also, I found that if you happen to be pushed of course and end up somewhere a little further of the track proper, there is no other way to re-enter the race other than to "reset car". Because I'll have the red and white "no through" sign, and even if I make it back to the track without resetting the car, it won't go away. Pretty annoying.

Cheers!