Hotfix 2015-07-03

TPEHAK

Weeked Smasher
I like new car physics. I would like to see more particles while cars collisions and more sensitive deformations, and maybe more kinematic impact after collision.

Here is a traffic jam in "figure 8" track because of the wrecked cars on the track. I think it would be great if bots sometimes will try to move around the wrecked cars instead of pushing through.

acid_andy

BattleXer said:
Also, I found that if you happen to be pushed of course and end up somewhere a little further of the track proper, there is no other way to re-enter the race other than to "reset car". Because I'll have the red and white "no through" sign, and even if I make it back to the track without resetting the car, it won't go away. Pretty annoying.
Yeah that can get frustrating. I think it will go away if you cross the start / finish line but then you have to repeat the entire lap.

A nicer way to handle it would be how they do in some motor sport where it's ok to go off track and rejoin as long as you don't gain an advantage. So if you overtake cars, you have to let them past again or slow down to compensate. I can see how that could get confusing for some players though.

H

hande11

Thanks BB for quick hotfixes! One of the hotfixes fixed issue, that normal 32-bit game version + OS was totally freezing into black screen in my setup every time when quitting game. Was annoying when only possibility was to cold-boot. Now i can quit into Windows properly :) Fov increase to +20 will bring a bit speed sensation back. Just 1 lap behind, continuing testing.

mrQuGel

Nice Glasses said:
Also is there a way to make the throttle input a bit smoother for gamepad? I get nothing below 50% input and once it becomes responsive it gives more throttle than I wanted, resulting in things like the second video I posted here. Other than that some more tweaking of the shift response (for quicker gear changes) would really work wonders for all of us I'm sure. That's all for now, looking forward to more updates! :D
Settings -> Advanced -> Acceleration Sensebility (or somthing like that.)
Change it to 100%.

mrQuGel said:
Settings -> Advanced -> Acceleration Sensebility (or somthing like that.)
Change it to 100%.
You're right.. how could I forget the sensibility. THANKS!!
I'll go test the settings now and see how that goes.

Edit:
Thanks again for the advice. However I feel like with this setting I don't get as much power at full throttle. Still it feels much smoother now and doesnt just jump from nothing to half throttle.

This may seem irrelevent BUT!! As I'm still very much in the process of learning how to make videos with at least a little bit of competence.. Would someone wanna point me in the direction of a program that can edit and overlay mp4's (without compressing the ever living pixelly balls out of them)? So far the programs I've come across either don't do overlays the way I want or just don't like working with mp4's.

Ex. I've recorded both the gameplay and the replay of a race and want to put the replay footage in like the corner of the gameplay video for added perspective. Help much appreciated!

dgrams2003

I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 13. Luv it. I can't think of anything I can not do in it. You can download a 30 day trial me thinks.

findRED

Full time wrecker
Bugbear, good job on the quick hotfix! I think you may have compensated a little too much in the handling department, but I would rather have sliddy cars than flippy cars.

The muscle cars still seem a little bit on the light and bouncy side for me when throwing them around corners, namely the sedan. I would like to feel more of the 2 ton inertia from it.
With those 2 tons of steel should also come lots of bending/crashing/breaking of metal and I see much less exterior damage than I thought would actually happen. Someone in these forums described it as if build 6 was 100%, this build would be like 40% and the destruction should be closer to 80%. I would like to quote whoever said something like that, but am not going to search through all the posts at this time at night.

The clutch implementation is fantastic, just allow for it to be manually controlled and mapped to a key/button/trigger. The auto clutch feature you have set up now is just too slow though. I actually mapped a button to reverse to allow recovering from PITs and spins.
Speaking of spins, a reverse 180 is much easier to accomplish (after I mapped a button to reverse) with the new physics and muscle car. :D

Most of the feedback I wanted to give has been given by others, (though sometimes in a rougher manner than I'd give it), but overall Bugbear you are doing a FANTASTIC JOB! ;) Keep up the Good Work!

sam223

Weeked Smasher
findRED said:
The muscle cars still seem a little bit on the light and bouncy side for me when throwing them around corners, namely the sedan. I would like to feel more of the 2 ton inertia from it.
With those 2 tons of steel should also come lots of bending/crashing/breaking of metal and I see much less exterior damage than I thought would actually happen. Someone in these forums described it as if build 6 was 100%, this build would be like 40% and the destruction should be closer to 80%. I would like to quote whoever said something like that, but am not going to search through all the posts at this time at night.
sam223 said:
  • Visual damage deformations are to low now, a full length of the straight hit on the oval/big 8 should leave more than a small dent. If previously we were on 100% and now we are 30%,needs to be somewhere around 80-90% imo.But with the panel detachment force similar to now.
^

curryking3

Yea the cosmetic damage is really really weak now. I hope it is improved much closer to where it started originally.

The American Sedan also flips wayyyy to easily exactly, doesn't even need to be a tight corner either......... really weird.

I just go back and play the Tech Demo 2.0 Sneak Peak these days honestly..... the performance is so much better, the deformation physics are incredibly fun, and it looks cleaner too. This new build from scratch really has a long, long way to go to match that very old build.

Would be nice to get a DX11 update as well. If it is so experimental that it cannot actually run I don't see the point in even releasing it tbh.......... just makes us expect more earlier without reason.

Here's a slightly more demanding video graphics wise (as if it wasn't demanding enough). A full grid race on speedway 2!! (I had recorded both the gameplay and replay of this race and wanted to upload the replay version but noticed really bad framerate drops whenever the camera is in motion. Hopefully this will suffice.. Enjoy!

ALSO! curryking

I don't think they would've released it (in its current state) if all the doubters and complainers actually showed some patience. I know 8 months might seem like a long time (people should really go out more) but when you rush things like this you're NOT going to get a complete working product.. People should know that just because they "can't" wait for something to be done doesn't mean it can be done any faster. In the end people wanted an update so bad that I guess the pressure to release whatever they had at the time became overwhelming.

At the same time I don't understand why people are treating this like a finished product. Getting all mad that it doesn't work perfectly (and demanding a refund..) instead of giving them advice on things they can fix for future updates (isn't that what early access is all about?). I'm not saying you're being one of those people but it's things like that that pushed this build out before it was ready.. and now we have to live with it while it gets worked on and improved right before our very eyes (proof things are being done??? HOLY HOTFIXES BATMAN!!!!).

Ryan Callan

Nice Glasses said:
I don't think they would've released it (in its current state) if all the doubters and complainers actually showed some patience. I know 8 months might seem like a long time (people should really go out more) but when you rush things like this you're NOT going to get a complete working product.. People should know that just because they "can't" wait for something to be done doesn't mean it can be done any faster. In the end people wanted an update so bad that I guess the pressure to release whatever they had at the time became overwhelming.
Not a good attitude to have: 'we released when we were not ready because we were pressured'. It should have actually been done in that time instead.

It's like not revising for an exam until the night before and then explaining that you didn't revise much when the test results are bad. Use your time wisely.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Nice Glasses said:
Here's a slightly more demanding video graphics wise (as if it wasn't demanding enough). A full grid race on speedway 2!! (I had recorded both the gameplay and replay of this race and wanted to upload the replay version but noticed really bad framerate drops whenever the camera is in motion. Hopefully this will suffice.. Enjoy!

ALSO! curryking

At the same time I don't understand why people are treating this like a finished product. Getting all mad that it doesn't work perfectly (and demanding a refund..) instead of giving them advice on things they can fix for future updates (isn't that what early access is all about?). I'm not saying you're being one of those people but it's things like that that pushed this build out before it was ready.. and now we have to live with it while it gets worked on and improved right before our very eyes (proof things are being done??? HOLY HOTFIXES BATMAN!!!!).
I'm glad Bugbear finally gave us something new to play with, and I'm okay with the state of the game now. I paid for early access, not expecting every update to be bug-free. It's a process.
It's like a roller-coaster ride through development, and while we may be climbing a hill at the moment, we'll be having fun soon.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Jebus

Still unable to map th8rs shifter. Game does recognize the shifter but that's it.

On the bright side, really loving the direction you took with the ffb and physics. As a simracer I prefer as realistic car handling as possible.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Cono

Jebus said:
Still unable to map th8rs shifter. Game does recognize the shifter but that's it.

On the bright side, really loving the direction you took with the ffb and physics. As a simracer I prefer as realistic car handling as possible.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Try this:
1. unplug wheel and all other controllers
2. plug th8rs alone
3. map "buttons"
4. plug wheel and other controllers

Ryan Callan said:
Not a good attitude to have: 'we released when we were not ready because we were pressured'. It should have actually been done in that time instead.

It's like not revising for an exam until the night before and then explaining that you didn't revise much when the test results are bad. Use your time wisely.
So you're saying they built the entirety of build 7 in one night? That's not exactly an accurate comparison since they've constantly been working on the new physics engine all year and probably didn't feel the masses wanted to be stuck with that instead of a "playable" version of the game.. and now you see people that wanted the new build saying things like oh well build 6 did this or that better and make it more like build 6.. It isn't my place to say who did what right or wrong but the fact is we have what we've been given and they're still working on improving the problems that arise. I enjoy the game as it stands and I know it'll get better as time goes on.

Ricsek

I hope the next hotfix improve performance, i still have 10 fps with 6+ players, and European, and the sedan still easily roll over in corners

Rabbit80

Ricsek said:
I hope the next hotfix improve performance, i still have 10 fps with 6+ players, and European, and the sedan still easily roll over in corners
Difficult to help if we don't know the system you are running on!

I've not had any chance to test with the hotfixes as I am still away from home after my surgery last week.. what I do know is that there are a few driver issues and disabling shadows makes a big difference for some. On the initial release of build #7 I ended up with a lot better performance using DX11 on older drivers and I had to force single GPU. System specs in my sig.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
We're currently in the process of optimizing the various systems we had, so expect performance improvements soon.

We're also pretty confident that we have a fix for the controller input mapping bug, we'll roll it out tomorrow in case nothing major comes up.

Thanks for your patience.

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
We're currently in the process of optimizing the various systems we had, so expect performance improvements soon.

We're also pretty confident that we have a fix for the controller input mapping bug, we'll roll it out tomorrow in case nothing major comes up.

Thanks for being on top of things with this build! I've found the source of my input issue and it's that motioninjoy doesn't pick up trigger inputs any lower than 37% so anything less than that simply won't register. To be clear I use a ps3 controller via motioninjoy 360 controller emulator. I tried recalibrating it but still same thing. So I guess I'll have to live with it.

Ving

Janne Suur-Näkki said:

Glad to see these kind of Dev responses post patch.

Nicely done Janne