Hotfix 2015-07-03

DGSparky

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
We're currently in the process of optimizing the various systems we had, so expect performance improvements soon.

We're also pretty confident that we have a fix for the controller input mapping bug, we'll roll it out tomorrow in case nothing major comes up.

Thanks for your patience.
Any News on the Visual Damage Aspect of the game at all?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Janne just did a big post over at Steam forum:

Rollback YES or NO vote.

jannesBB;523890681423914400 said:
Thanks for putting your trust in us. Many of the main issues people are currently having are something that we ourselves recognize as well, but what would be the point of Early Access if we couldn't release features and content that is still work-in-progress, sometimes even half-baked due to still being worked on? If that was the case we could have waited until the game was finished, but then we couldn't have developed it with our help and in all likeness Wreckfest would have been completely different game.

To answer some of the criticism that has been brought out:

Handling. Like stated before, what we currently have is not final. Since we want our game to feature immersive handling and cars that react in a tangible, realistic fashion to different driving conditions by our logic it was best to tackle the problem by first recreating realistic, real-world derived vehicle physics and when those are in place move on to gameplay features, i.e. those that really make driving fun and accessible. What we currently have in the build is the physics part of the equation that will serve as a base for the rest.

Visual damage. It's not toned down by purpose neither is it final. The damage implementation is being developed on a daily basis, and the timing for the update was somewhat unfortunate in the sense that certain improvements to the vehicle physics made it necessary to add additional features to the damage system which we didn't have time to put in before the release. However, we're already testing improvements. We're also constantly considering how we could make crashes more impressive without sacrificing performance.

Performance. We take the issue very seriously at the moment, and we're currently in the process of optimizing many of our systems. We're already testing optimized netcode and we'll roll it out in an update as soon as we're more or less sure it doesn't break everything. We're also optimizing our vehicle physics, again it's something that we didn't have time to do before the release of the update. And lastly, our DX11 renderer is already 20-30% faster as long as you have headroom and it's mostly unoptimized at the moment, so there are gains to be had.

We're thankful for all the feedback and every single comment we've received, even the critical ones help us shape the game and steer it to the right direction. We're also grateful for your patience – developing a game doesn't happen overnight, and there are always moments when you are struggling with your faith but you simply need to see through the challenges and maintain your vision.

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Thanks Purple for updating us with that informative and important info!
and as we all know... since Jori (that funny guy) has left us,... Janne (awesome dude) has stepped in a bit
to occasionally give us insight into where Wreckfest is going.. and is also very helpful in trying to figure out
bug issues! Very cool guy indeed I must state ;) Just wanted to point out, that I have a lot of respect for him!

And on a side note: Have a great week my buds!
and thank you so kindly for accepting me as frind on your steam acct!
reason I asked a bunch of peeps, is because I am trying to hone my lap times and your cool!
ok back to my beerski now haha! laterz...

Ricsek

Rabbit80 said:
Ricsek said:
I hope the next hotfix improve performance, i still have 10 fps with 6+ players, and European, and the sedan still easily roll over in corners
Difficult to help if we don't know the system you are running on!

I've not had any chance to test with the hotfixes as I am still away from home after my surgery last week.. what I do know is that there are a few driver issues and disabling shadows makes a big difference for some. On the initial release of build #7 I ended up with a lot better performance using DX11 on older drivers and I had to force single GPU. System specs in my sig.
i made a topic about it, here it is: community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,7814.msg73354.html#msg73354

Shortcut

Full time wrecker
Nice Glasses said:
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
We're currently in the process of optimizing the various systems we had, so expect performance improvements soon.

We're also pretty confident that we have a fix for the controller input mapping bug, we'll roll it out tomorrow in case nothing major comes up.

Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for being on top of things with this build! I've found the source of my input issue and it's that motioninjoy doesn't pick up trigger inputs any lower than 37% so anything less than that simply won't register. To be clear I use a ps3 controller via motioninjoy 360 controller emulator. I tried recalibrating it but still same thing. So I guess I'll have to live with it.
Hey i use the same emulator and of course the ps3 controller but i haven't any input issues registered i think its the ps3 controller which gives the input first at about 20% pressing the trigger.

Especially withe a keyboard the game is unplayable i tryed it :D bit with the controller, its very nice.

And i have to say thanks to Bugbear because the long awaited update is finally here and to new nice cars are includet :) and the tire and suspension physics are great of course they need polish but for the first implementation, its good.
I have to say the deformation optics had to be more realistic because when a hit in the right door comes, the side in the front and side in the back (behind the door and the fender), bents too. And i wanna feel the SOFT body physics more.