Hotfix 2015-07-15

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
Another update for Wreckfest is out, addressing a couple of critical multiplayer issues, improving as well as stabilizing performance on most systems and increasing the level of visual damage in addition to a few other improvements.

Please find the changelog here:

- Reduced micro-stuttering when no V-Sync is being used.
- Improved performance and framerate stability on most systems.
- Fixed non-working gameplay damage on the dedicated server.
- Server no longer crashes when the event ends while a client is in the pause menu.
- Visual damage is now more intense and panels get detached easier.
- AI now resets when its stuck on its side for prolonged periods.
- Improved vehicle materials.
- Tweaked camera shake.

Thanks for your feedback!

CLeN

Weeked Smasher
It has fixed everything for me !

I can play with 24 car simultaneously without problem !

CptAccident

Weeked Smasher
Thanks for the patch!

Experience:
- Feeling of damage is much better. Roof damage is still a bit lacking in my opinion, like when rolling over, but that is more a personal bonus than necessarry.
- Shake is less annoying, gives a nice touch, big improvement over the released one.
- FPS: steady 120 FPS, using a GTX980, I5 4690 and 16 GB RAM. 64 bit used, no crashes so far.

On a side note, could we expect a report on what is upcoming in terms of content? I understand the game still needs tweaking, but it would be nice to have a sort of roadmap released with things to expect.
Keep up the work!

kennta340

Full time wrecker
Thanks, I can play again :) I know you work really hard and sometimes it will be some bugs but thanks for fixing this asap :)

rhamm

Weeked Smasher
Team Bugbear Member
The game is starting to feel like Wreckfest again but with much better detail on the cars. The engine bay detail in cockpit view when doing a demo derby is awesome.

performance problems fixed now, one core is not even on half now which is, compared to the 100% on all 4 cores before a huge difference!
damage looks nice too.

ztox

I'm not at home so can't look yet, sorry, but is the AI resetting an optional thing? If not, will/can it be in the future?

Ecclesiaste

Crashed more cars than times I saw finish line
Team Bugbear Member
Like everyone, I feel that performances have been improved.
Good work Bugbear !

rhamm said:
The game is starting to feel like Wreckfest again but with much better detail on the cars.
Can't agree more !

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Great job with the update today Janne. :)
However, I also would like to see an option for the AI not being able to reset.
I like avoiding obstacles, like stuck AI on the tracks... makes it a bit more exciting actually.

63R01d

Thanks for the update. One thing though, in real derbies body panels rarely fall off. Sometimes bumpers fall off. Usually panels just get really crumpled. Especially doors because they are chained and welded shut. So please do the opposite. Make it so less panels fall off. Thanks.

DeadMeat

Weeked Smasher
63R01d said:
Thanks for the update. One thing though, in real derbies body panels rarely fall off. Sometimes bumpers fall off. Usually panels just get really crumpled. Especially doors because they are chained and welded shut. So please do the opposite. Make it so less panels fall off. Thanks.
NO! Panels and parts should be flying around easily. It's more satisfying crash the cars when they fall apart on contact. Instead add more debris (like in tech demo) and add large dust clouds when the cars are hitting the ground while rolling.

Now I'll go home and test the new update.

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
The improvement can be seen, well done Bugbear!
Questions: Will you add the inner oval and figure of 8 layouts to the new speedway? What's next in terms of both programming and game content?

Schiifter

Thanks for the update
I'm not at home so can't look.
Maybe you can remove the fire from the wrecked cars? Or just catch fire in a determined time. I dont like this "eternal fire" comming from the engine.

Keep up the awesome work!

BugBeer

Thanks Bugbear, the damage is looking much better.

These recent updates are making the game better than it ever has been before.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Performance increase is nice. Handling is a bit lack luster though with pad. I feel no fear of loosing control. I feel like the need to control the car has been reduced and can just drive with no precision in steering or throttle control. Just flat to the floor and full lock. Damage was better before,to easy to loose panels again now.Deformations are good though.

Feels like i have traction control and anti spin on even though they are off. You can notice it a lot in contact. Now a lot of a contact is simply leaning each other off track or hitting parked cars since the defender is in full control at all times. Noticeable on oval2 aswell where its as quick to cut across all the grass on the inside of the track (you wont spin even at 6k rpm and locked diff), than it is to race on the actual circuit.

dgrams2003

Love it. Hotfix fixed all the recent issues that I was having with performance.

Full team races are back! :D

Only thing I miss is that I don't roll in the corners as much when taking a corner too sharp. I miss that. It kept you concentrating more on corners. Oh well.
Great Job BB.