Hotfix 2015-07-15

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
Purple44 said:
It got me worry that we have not seen Janne back in the forums yet. Have just sent off a PM. See if I can get a response from Bugbear.

Been 2 days now and no reply from Bugbear Dev to my PM question, "where Janne"?

If Janne don't make an appearance by sometime next week, ya got to think something up with Janne.

But Janne not the only Bugbear Dev, there are a few others in the studio, would think another Bugbear Dev could step forward and post something.
 

Conte Zero

Crash hard, then crash harder.
Full time wrecker
Flying-Spirit said:
I'm playing Mad Max, game is awesome, can't stop wrecking cars and wandering all around the desert. :D

Ah, to stay a bit on the subject i just saw that Olli agreed with Brian's lengthy post, hope has not gone yet !
Same here, got a Steam Key for a silly price and it's downloading right now. Need a fun game to keep me distracted until december 1st and just cause3. Then there will be no place nor interest for anything else.
Best wishes for this game, hope the devs can finish their job if they ever come back, but I won't follow it anymore.
It is not the only early access in the world, I backed two other projects during the same time frame, and they are out now, finished, playable and spectacular. Both created by small teams. And before that, there were a rock solid, regular communication with the community and regular updates, no matter what problem or schedule occurred. Different styles I guess.
See you guys online when I happen to join a race.
 
M

Mopower

Guest
Well, can't we all just agree that concrete barriers crumbling all the time is kinda dumb?
 

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
Well, can't we all just agree that concrete barriers crumbling all the time is kinda dumb?
No I can't agree on that. I like that the concrete walls break. :)
 

Tug

Member
Team Bugbear Member
Purple44 said:
Mopower said:
Well, can't we all just agree that concrete barriers crumbling all the time is kinda dumb?
No I can't agree on that. I like that the concrete walls break. :)
In a game that prides itself on realistic physics, how can you enjoy concrete racewall barriers that shatter and stop cars instantly when they lightly brush up against them? The concrete barriers need to be fixed. If you take a NASCAR race for example, you can see the skid marks all the way around the inside of the concrete wall where cars hit is regularily at 200+ mph. The concrete serves it's purpose by keeping the cars in the track, and do not shatter leaving concrete debris all over the track. Concrete barriers are a safety feature, not a death trap.

If they haven't bailed on this game, which at this point really seems to be the case, they need to focus on addressing issues that destroy the continuity of a race experience. Namely the concrete barriers.

I don't expect another patch for at least 4 months if at all (based on previous experiences with Bugbear and this game), but if there is one, concrete barriers should be a highlight in those patch notes.
 
BackStab said:
Purple44 said:
Mopower said:
Well, can't we all just agree that concrete barriers crumbling all the time is kinda dumb?
No I can't agree on that. I like that the concrete walls break. :)
In a game that prides itself on realistic physics, how can you enjoy concrete racewall barriers that shatter and stop cars instantly when they lightly brush up against them? The concrete barriers need to be fixed. If you take a NASCAR race for example, you can see the skid marks all the way around the inside of the concrete wall where cars hit is regularily at 200+ mph. The concrete serves it's purpose by keeping the cars in the track, and do not shatter leaving concrete debris all over the track. Concrete barriers are a safety feature, not a death trap.

If they haven't bailed on this game, which at this point really seems to be the case, they need to focus on addressing issues that destroy the continuity of a race experience. Namely the concrete barriers.

I don't expect another patch for at least 4 months if at all (based on previous experiences with Bugbear and this game), but if there is one, concrete barriers should be a highlight in those patch notes.
there are those issues but not the concrete barriers. for me, at least. you know, that spoiler that is not very heavy normally or bumpers, doors, tyres, wooden planks, all those things are blocks of massive iron when you hit them too slow. they don't deform, they don't move. they block your car, making it sometimes impossible to move on after a pileup not because your car is damaged, oh no! there is just a pebble in front of your tyre and you can't pass it!
 

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
I'm OK with the concrete walls crumbling on hits, but it shouldn't happen just rubbing the wall. And the car shouldn't stick to the wall either. Oh, well Bugbear will fix that before release, I'm sure.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 

sam223

Active Member
Weeked Smasher
The magnetic walls are fine but it really depends on net connection, screen res and frame rate too how sticky they are. Ive noticed recently with the new setup at 60fps 1440p i can glance the walls comfortably without getting dragged towards them. When running on the old imac at lower frame rate and resolution they are much less forgiving.
 

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Last night at Darlington. Elliot rubbed the wall, and the commentators spoke much of how as a young racer, he needs to learn to hold the car against the wall and not cross traffic. Wreckfest holds the car against the wall for you, even though I'd much rather careen across traffic. LOL.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Zebulon55 said:
Last night at Darlington. Elliot rubbed the wall, and the commentators spoke much of how as a young racer, he needs to learn to hold the car against the wall and not cross traffic. Wreckfest holds the car against the wall for you, even though I'd much rather careen across traffic. LOL.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
At frame rates around 40 fps.


Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 

Ryan Callan

New Member
Zebulon55 said:
I'm OK with the concrete walls crumbling on hits, but it shouldn't happen just rubbing the wall. And the car shouldn't stick to the wall either. Oh, well Bugbear will fix that before release, I'm sure.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
What release?
 

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Ryan Callan said:
Zebulon55 said:
I'm OK with the concrete walls crumbling on hits, but it shouldn't happen just rubbing the wall. And the car shouldn't stick to the wall either. Oh, well Bugbear will fix that before release, I'm sure.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
What release?
When the game is finished. It will get finished. :)
 
M

Miau

Guest
Zebulon55 said:
Ryan Callan said:
Zebulon55 said:
I'm OK with the concrete walls crumbling on hits, but it shouldn't happen just rubbing the wall. And the car shouldn't stick to the wall either. Oh, well Bugbear will fix that before release, I'm sure.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
What release?
When the game is finished. It will get finished. :)
Its shitty to hear when the game is finished :) :) :)...
 
M

Miau

Guest
Do please a early acces for playstation 4 , bevor flatout 4 is comming out 2016 :-\
And search please a publisher bugbear you need to long alone
 

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
Miau said:
Do please a early acces for playstation 4 , bevor flatout 4 is comming out 2016 :-\
And search please a publisher bugbear you need to long alone
I don't think you will see console version of Wreckfest until 2017. After PC final version of Wreckfest is release.

But the big money is selling a million copies of WF on the consoles, so I would think Bugbear will some day hookup with a "good" publisher and get Wreckfest release on the new consoles.
 
Top