Hotfix 2015-07-15

B

BrianUK

WorldofBay said:
BugBeer said:
I wish I could take a 60 day break from my job :-\
that's a bad wish, it could mean you have a severe accident with a broken leg or something :p
I was off work once for 11 weeks because I dislocated my knee, not too severe :-D On the plus side, I got so much gaming done.

Dela

Weeked Smasher
I just hope that new update makes game playable on amd cards. Atm it runs like crap so in order to enjoy decent fps i need to turn pretty much all visuals off or low.

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Dela said:
I just hope that new update makes game playable on amd cards. Atm it runs like crap so in order to enjoy decent fps i need to turn pretty much all visuals off or low.
Totally agree with you!
you see my pc specs in my sig.. yeah I have a lower end model of AMD grafix.
I get around 25 to 30 fps with full particles on. but my res is 1024X768.

GRabbit

Purple44 said:
Peyko said:
I'm still here for news on next update.
Here the latest news from Janne last Saturday:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/520518688942127000/

We should be getting a more detail update\ blog post Friday.
And once again, nothing happened. I dont care about the update frequency, but writing 20 lines about progress so far cant take a dev more than 10 minutes.
Obviously they dont have these 10 minutes to update the ppl who pay their bills, but months to take holdidays.

Mohasz

Weeked Smasher
Full time wrecker
GRabbit said:
And once again, nothing happened. I dont care about the update frequency, but writing 20 lines about progress so far cant take a dev more than 10 minutes.
Maybe because the don't make any significant progress at all...? I'm seriously starting to worry, everytime they give us a new build, they promise more frequent updates and builds, but in reality it's always the same...weeks - even months - of silence.

Even if the game will eventually be finished (end of 2016 I guess), it most likely won't be what we or even BB imagined when they started working on the game. They won't just 'get away' with such serious planning mistakes regarding the development time and marketing, at least that's how I feel right now.

MamieNova

"Oh no he didn't!"
Mohasz said:
Maybe because the don't make any significant progress at all...? I'm seriously starting to worry, everytime they give us a new build, they promise more frequent updates and builds, but in reality it's always the same...weeks - even months - of silence.
So basically, things are as usual, but somehow, it worries you?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Mohasz said:
GRabbit said:

Even if the game will eventually be finished (end of 2016 I guess), it most likely won't be what we or even BB imagined when they started working on the game. They won't just 'get away' with such serious planning mistakes regarding the development time and marketing, at least that's how I feel right now.
The overhaul and the retweaking of the physics was so Bugbear could make the game they been dreaming of for a long time.

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Pretty much that. Like said, we underestimated the amount of work involved in getting our physics engine on par with the big boys, and it has taken much more work than we anticipated. If we're guilty of something it's that, but like I said earlier, as a result we will have a game that we have always dreamed of developing; a game that will feature real-world derived vehicle physics harnessed to make the game a first-in-class demolition racing experience.

It does seem we lost Janne again. :(

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Well being the Devils advocate,... It's looking pretty grim so far.

You would think, at least one Dev could shed some light on what is going on by now?!
un effing believable. I am almost losing hope in the future of our game.

Take care BB friends, lets hope we all see something new coming our way, be it a new message update from
any of the Bugbear team, or perhaps a new build within 2 months... mehhh pathetic I declare!!!!
... do excuse me for my mini rage

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
Daystar said:

You would think, at least one Dev could shed some light on what is going on by now?!

Take care BB friends, lets hope we all see something new coming our way, be it a new message update from
any of the Bugbear team, or perhaps a new build within 2 months... mehhh pathetic I declare!!!!
I think the only reason theres not a million other "rage posts" is because the bulk of users here are questioning if posts actually get read by devs .

It has been a lesson in how to alienate and screw over a community that had your back through the last 2 years.

It defies belief that not 1 dev can find 10 minutes to type here, or even carry through on their last lie about a news post being imminent janne.

GRabbit

Cornkid said:
Daystar said:

I think the only reason theres not a million other "rage posts" is because the bulk of users here are questioning if posts actually get read by devs .

It has been a lesson in how to alienate and screw over a community that had your back through the last 2 years.

It defies belief that not 1 dev can find 10 minutes to type here, or even carry through on their last lie about a news post being imminent janne.
+1

Its incredibly sad. I thought they were business man, but I was so wrong.

HYLK

Full time wrecker
Rather have them work overtime on the game than give us information about it.
Even if it just take 10 minutes. the progress will suffer from that dev to make a statement here on whats going on. Might seem easy for u guys, but i do know how u can loose ur gameface when people are interacting with your work.
They will release something when the time comes. if u dont have the patience to wait, go play with something else.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
HYLK said:
Rather have them work overtime on the game than give us information about it.
Even if it just take 10 minutes. the progress will suffer from that dev to make a statement here on whats going on. Might seem easy for u guys, but i do know how u can loose ur gameface when people are interacting with your work.
They will release something when the time comes. if u dont have the patience to wait, go play with something else.
It not about the wait for the next Build, it about keeping the fan base here at Bugbear forum in the loop. Bugbear promise us they would communicate with us and what happen with the long 9 months wait for Build #7, it was Jori communicating with the community that help us through it.

Support Us.

"You get to communicate DIRECTLY with the development team to make sure we’re making the all-out racing game that you want. By backing us now, you get to say your word on the design. Want a specific game mode? Don’t think your favorite car model is included? Let’s hear it!"

What the developers have to say:

“Warning: Early access phase is meant to give you a chance to experience the game as it progresses through its development cycle, and the game is still at an early stage. As such, it does contain missing features and nasty bugs. Developing the game together with the players gives us a lot more creative freedom, and you get to communicate with the development team to make sure we’re making the all-out racing game that you want.

Right now Bugbear at best is getting a D at communicating with the Wreckfest community. Communication does not work well when it mostly just one sided.

One the best ways for Bugbear to communicate with us here in the Bugbear forum is to post something here once a month: Work in progress snapshots

Also it nice to see a Bugbear Dev comment when we get a big discussion going about a part of the Wreckfest game. Like recently we had a big talk about corner cutting on the tracks and how this effect the leaderbroads and the online races. No Bugbear Dev made a comment.

From one the Wreckfest fanboys that hangs out in the Bugbear forum. :)

Purple44 said:
Also it nice to see a Bugbear Dev comment when we get a big discussion going about a part of the Wreckfest game. Like recently we had a big talk about corner cutting on the tracks and how this effect the leaderbroads and the online races. No Bugbear Dev made a comment.
don't forget the sandpit2 thread where we got a dev post but it was totally unrelated to the topic although like every third comment asked for a dev response...

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Its strange how after the last few months of hard work. Suddenly the tumble weeds are back out again. Im also a little confused as to why no one has anything exciting to show. I thought that was a natural thing with creatives, wanting to show other people their work in order to get feedback/praise.....

MamieNova

"Oh no he didn't!"
sam223 said:
I thought that was a natural thing with creatives, wanting to show other people their work in order to get feedback/praise.....
Yeah, you do that at first. And then the people get overhyped, and end up disappointed when you deliver because they expected something excessively mind-blowing.
I have made that mistake as a (let's simplify) game dev so I don't have a problem with the situation.

Judge the update you get, don't compare it to your dreams and hopes.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
MamieNova said:
sam223 said:
I thought that was a natural thing with creatives, wanting to show other people their work in order to get feedback/praise.....
Yeah, you do that at first. And then the people get overhyped, and end up disappointed when you deliver because they expected something excessively mind-blowing.
I have made that mistake as a (let's simplify) game dev so I don't have a problem with the situation.

Judge the update you get, don't compare it to your dreams and hopes.
Somewhat agree. Really depends on what is shown/said in what context though. I cant imagine people getting over-hyped and then disappointed by a few screenshots of WIP models/tracks. That would certainly reduce some of the 'whats happening' questions.