Hotfix 2015-07-15

Dillinja187

MamieNova said:
sam223 said:
I thought that was a natural thing with creatives, wanting to show other people their work in order to get feedback/praise.....
Yeah, you do that at first. And then the people get overhyped, and end up disappointed when you deliver because they expected something excessively mind-blowing.
I have made that mistake as a (let's simplify) game dev so I don't have a problem with the situation.

Judge the update you get, don't compare it to your dreams and hopes.
Overhyped ?. Ha I am about as un-hyped as u can get regarding Wreckfest at the moment, but do you think that is the plan then?, un-hype the community to lower the expectations ?. The only thing silence will do is provoke posts exactly like what we are seeing now.

Also what with some staff leaving Bugbear Studios I realise its not mandatory to shout it from the roof tops but of course it would be nice for the community to know and kept in the BB loop as fans/backers/investors what ever we choose to call ourselves.

As always im NOT slating the game (because I love it) or the Guys @ BB for the hard work on the game its the lack of Comms and Info that kills this community.

MamieNova

"Oh no he didn't!"
Dillinja187 said:
do you think that is the plan then?, un-hype the community to lower the expectations ?. The only thing silence will do is provoke posts exactly like what we are seeing now.
Nope, but I can see a situation where they've had it with both the "grabbed the money and ran" and the "go back to build whatever, game's broken" crowds.

From what I've read so far, many Early Access backers seem to picture themselves as high roller investors with their seat in the board of directors, with a right to demand some kind of damn weekly report on state of things and all.
I'll put this simply : among all of you who work, I'm fairly sure a reasonable bunch has had or still has one of those extremely annoying managers/bosses who always want you to lose some work hours on reports that explain how you're doing your job and what you're doing.

Do you really want Bugbear to spend some time on PR brainstorming when the tiniest broken promise gets you the rage tsunamis from this crowd ? =D

I've backed the game because I know they can deliver stuff like Flatout 2 and back then, they didn't need players to tell them what game they wanted.

Try being a DJ, you'll soon learn not to take song requests =)

Dillinja187

MamieNova said:
Dillinja187 said:
do you think that is the plan then?, un-hype the community to lower the expectations ?. The only thing silence will do is provoke posts exactly like what we are seeing now.
Nope, but I can see a situation where they've had it with both the "grabbed the money and ran" and the "go back to build whatever, game's broken" crowds.

From what I've read so far, many Early Access backers seem to picture themselves as high roller investors with their seat in the board of directors, with a right to demand some kind of damn weekly report on state of things and all.
I'll put this simply : among all of you who work, I'm fairly sure a reasonable bunch has had or still has one of those extremely annoying managers/bosses who always want you to lose some work hours on reports that explain how you're doing your job and what you're doing.

Do you really want Bugbear to spend some time on PR brainstorming when the tiniest broken promise gets you the rage tsunamis from this crowd ? =D

I've backed the game because I know they can deliver stuff like Flatout 2 and back then, they didn't need players to tell them what game they wanted.

Try being a DJ, you'll soon learn not to take song requests =)
No one is talking about PR brainstorming nor is anyone expecting that, more just a few words/pictures each week to keep everybody involved and up to date. In the big scheme of things not too much to ask, is it ?

Your right no one has the right to demand anything or the weekly news but it was Bugbear themselves that stated that and said it was note to self "must do better in comms" .

Oh for the record Mamie I am, and I don't, not unless its kylie and Jason then I cant refuse man !

https://soundcloud.com/danno-6/mix-up

vogurt

Y'all heard of Rocket League? Football (Soccer) with little rocket cars in a walled off arena. Funnest I've had gaming in years if not ever.

I've stopped coming here; and just got my driving fix from rocket league. I highly suggest giving it a shot. The Dev posts daily in Reddit and they have a weekly thread on reddit and even in game have a bar accross the screen telling you to check out their subreddit. They are very active and listen and respond.

I'm just going to wait, again, for another update. Wait wait wait because it's all we can do.

vogurt said:
even in game have a bar accross the screen telling you to check out their subreddit
that definitely is a con for me. i don't need anyone telling me what i have to do, especially not when i'm playing. providing information is one really good thing. constant notifications on the other hand are just annoying.

bugbear really does it wrong here but at least i don't get a "follow us on facebook" crap anywhere in the game. not even the forum is telling me to do so, that is a big pro argument.

vogurt

WorldofBay said:
vogurt said:
even in game have a bar accross the screen telling you to check out their subreddit
that definitely is a con for me. i don't need anyone telling me what i have to do, especially not when i'm playing. providing information is one really good thing. constant notifications on the other hand are just annoying.

bugbear really does it wrong here but at least i don't get a "follow us on facebook" crap anywhere in the game. not even the forum is telling me to do so, that is a big pro argument.
It's just across the bottom of the loading screen lol they are promoting the discussion of their game.

saudius

ok BB is a small team, ok they have vacation, ok maybe they are busy on next update but GOD !!!
Why this dead silence...
Early september they said: more news next week....we are at the end of september and not even a tiny new...
I know it's a alpha but if you want keep the hype on a game and you can't do a lot of update....speak with your comunnity...
I will keep check this forum 2,3 a week and hope some news... but BB disappointed me on this game...

Big Ron

I also think that the communication about the project and the progress is quite disappointing. You should better change your updating-model from big updates every half a year to small updates every few weeks. This way you will keep the interest of your game high among the community and press. There wasn´t a reason for nearly three month for me to start the game since it´s standing still.

Of course, it could be a way to develop a game by just developing everything behind closed doors. But you´ve chosen the way of crowd-funding/ early access-model and therefor also have the commitment to show continuous progress to supporters.

Just have a look at your colleagues at BeamNG. The team is at least as small as BugBear or even smaller and they are releasing updates nearly every two weeks.

Peyko

I'm starting to feel bugbear have failed their community. Will give this project 1 more month before I file for refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk