How to open fo2 tracks in FlatOut 1 track editor?

Fo2Forever

I want to edit the startpoints, AI lines etc. in Flatout 1 track editor because it is easier than in Blender. For objects/props I would use the FOJ-Blender. My question is, how can I get a fo2 track into the fo1 track editor?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I found startpoints easier to do in blender, since can rotate the car position. :)

Here the trick getting Flatout 2 spline file to load into Pav Track Editor"

QUOTE Heddly:
I found a text file that might help.
================================================
is there anything special to get the track editor to load an fo2 track?
shadow says:
yes
shadow says:
move geometry folder in same spot as fo1
Heddly says:
i saw a thread about it
shadow says:
then you have to add the 3rd ai lines with racelines to your current ailines file
shadow says:
here one sec
shadow says:
usually i backup ailines file.. then delete file and let track editor make a ai file that has no points in it
shadow says:
then i copy and paste in main left and right points.. whammo reload and its there
Heddly says:
i'll give it a try sometime
shadow says:
so the file has left,, right points.. and shows the ai raceline with no points
shadow says:
just make sure that you don't put in the sections of alternate routes ,, editor don't like them
shadow says:
if you need to or want an alternate route to be used,, open 2 editors..one editor with main route,, 2nd editor using only one set of left and right points from an alternate route,, and try to make the same route in your first editor

Spline File

["AIRaceLine"] = {
Count = 0,
ControlPoints = {
},
},

Change airaceline count from 2 to 3 at the top of aispline file..
*****************************************************************************************

Also there a Flatout Joint Discord where some Flatout modders hangout:

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I am experimenting with FO1 Track Editor in FO2. Does this look like an FO2 track? My memory is bad.

Fo2Forever

That a Flatout 1 dirt forest track Heddly.

Do you maybe remember why FlatOut 2 crashes if I export the track from blender and the track_geom.w32 file gets overwritten ofc?
It also does this when I just re export the track without any changes and this didn't happen before. Any solutions? The crash only happens when the track_geom.w32 file gets replaced (which is a pretty useful file).

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I think when you edit the track_geom.w32 file you need to move it back to the original folder that it was in, so FO2 will find the new edited track_geom.w32 file . You refer to FO1 track Editor? or the Blender version?
It has been a long for me to remember also, would suggest reading all of the information in the download files. Good luck.

Fo2Forever

I think when you edit the track_geom.w32 file you need to move it back to the original folder that it was in, so FO2 will find the new edited track_geom.w32 file . You refer to FO1 track Editor? or the Blender version?
It has been a long for me to remember also, would suggest reading all of the information in the download files. Good luck.
I'm talking about the Blender version and I already moved the track_geom.w32 file to the original folder.
Also thx for the conversation backups Heddly :)

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I'm talking about the Blender version and I already moved the track_geom.w32 file to the original folder.
Also thx for the conversation backups Heddly :)
Ok i was confused, with FO1 Track Editor you want to move the track_geom.w32 file , in Blender I don't think the track_geom.w32 file needs to be move.

Also you may have saw this video on discord but thought I'd share it here.
FlatOut 2 making a new track