Is Stuntfest still alive or is it dead??

Tonza

Team Bugbear Member
It never felt as good as Flatout stunts so I sort of forgot about it. Maybe Wreckfest has had last update with tournament ending, so BB can work other things?:)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Encase you do not want to do WF discord, here main section of the discussion:

MythAlex; said:
Could anyone make a summary of what the dev(s) said? some of us don't like / use Discord.

Purple44; said:
K, here the last half of discussion:

Purple44 — Today at 3:14 AM
But it make Bugbear look bad, with not releasing at least one more update to Stuntfest, we were told SF got put on back burner, so BB Devs could finish PC version of Wreckfest in 2017, then got told SF still on hold while Devs finish console version in 2019, so been another 3 years, when Bugbear going find the time to do a SF update if the Bugbear Devs are now working on something new , is it WF #2 or a brand new "Next Car Game"?? If Bugbear\ THQN can't say there will be an update to Stuntfest in the near future, I would thing it be best if Bugbear be up front with the SF players and make official announcement that Bugbear\ THQN have move on. So we can stop asking each year if Stuntfest is alive or dead?

Zyddie — Today at 3:15 AM
Oh i agree a statement would be preferred 100%, but it is not something that we can do lightly as explained above, it has to go through a LOT of people before a statement in either direction is agreed on and 100% set in stone.
[3:17 AM]
and tbf 2019 wasn't the end of development of Wreckfest, all the tournaments, all the new DLC and free stuff you guys got also is quite a lot of development time/cost/manpower

Purple44 — Today at 3:17 AM
I have told you and Janne, I got my $70 ready again to buy early access to what ever the Bugbear Devs been working on since last summer. But now I don't think I can buy "NCG" early access until this Stuntfest issue get settle one way or the other!

Zyddie — Today at 3:18 AM
No matter what direction that will be chosen for BB's stuntfest, you will get a statement as soon as we have one and as soon as we internally have chosen what is gonna happen but until then we sadly cannot say anything. (edited)
[3:19 AM]
(Had to add BB's Stuntfest as we have another game named Stuntfest, confusing i know, hence the edit)

Purple44 — Today at 3:19 AM
But you can't go around selling early access and not deliver, make a studio look BAD! http://web.archive.org/web/20161120094828/http://www.wreckfestgame.com/stuntfest/

Zyddie — Today at 3:20 AM
As I was not part of the early access of Wreckfest I'm not 100% sure what was promised and what was delivered, so I cannot answer more than I've already done.

Purple44 — Today at 3:25 AM
Players paid their $10 and they did get a alpha version of Stuntfest and a track editor If Bugbear were to release just 1 new update, I would call it good or be upfront with these SF players and tell them there will be no new update to Stuntfest, that be the right thing to do.

Zyddie — Today at 3:26 AM
As said as it was way before my time, i cannot comment on what was promised and what was delivered it is something that is all getting looked into and a statement will come when everything is 100% sorted and dealt with from the people above me in the food chain ^^

Purple44 — Today at 3:28 AM
I look forward to seeing a statement Zyddie, hope it can be done before the year is out. Thx for coming here and talking about it

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Hi guys, this morning I caught Zyddie in the WF discord, so we had chat about Stuntfest, please give it a read: https://discord.com/channels/330023066900103169/456855352319934515/1064864954051735644 (maybe will need to subscribe to WF discord channel for link to work )
[3:54 AM]
This confuses me:

Think it is just on stuntfest world
[3:16 AM]
Bugbear's stuntfest is something that I know nothing about atm

Part 1 of chat:

@Purple44
Hi @Zyddie, hey is THQN finally going made a decision on Bugbear's Stuntfest? Will they finally make an Official announcement that Bugbear has decide to move on and not do an update to Stuntfest?? The Stuntfest players deserve an answer! it been over 6+ years now (edited)

Zyddie — Today at 3:14 AM
There is some news coming on that front, when i cannot say as I'm not 100% in the know on that title as the current stuntfest is below Pow Wow and not THQN per say.

Purple44 — Today at 3:15 AM
this news is about Bugbear's Stuntfest?? not Stuntfest World?

Think it is just on stuntfest world
[3:16 AM]
Bugbear's stuntfest is something that I know nothing about atm

Purple44 — Today at 3:19 AM
zyddie, we been going around and around on this for a year now, even in private chat:

Zyddie — 09/20/2022 3:18 AM
No matter what direction that will be chosen for BB's stuntfest, you will get a statement as soon as we have one and as soon as we internally have chosen what is gonna happen but until then we sadly cannot say anything.
(Had to add BB's Stuntfest as we have another game named Stuntfest, confusing i know, hence the edit)
you owe us an answer

Spendy — Today at 3:22 AM
Doesn't that message you just quoted say everything?

Purple44 — Today at 3:29 AM
Also Janne say I have to talk to THQN. The ball is in THQN court, how long does it take to decide if there will be an update for Bugbear Stuntfest?? After 6 years now and no update, don't think it going to happen and that OK. The players paid their $10 for alpha version of SF. No garrentee there be another update. But this look bad for Bugbear and THQN to keep these SF players hanging for years now and not be up front about the stus of Stuntfest!!

Oct 2019:

Originally posted by Purple44:
I got in touch with Janne today over at the Wreckfest Discord main-chat channel:

Purple44Today at 12:32 AM
Janne, any chance u commenting here about Stuntfest getting an update: https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/1643178512741883381/
Bring back stuntfest... :: Wreckfest General Discussions
I think a petition needs to be started to bring back stuntfest....anyone? Lol

u last post about Stuntfest nov 2018

jannesBBToday at 12:33 AM
I can't really commit ourselves to anything specific at this point, but what I can already tell is that Stuntfest is definitely not dead.
I will take a look at the thread, time really does fly.

Purple44Today at 12:34 AM
that what I want to hear, still an update coming some day

jannesBBToday at 12:34 AM
@Purple44 Absolutely!

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Part 2:

Zyddie — Today at 3:31 AM
It can take a LONG time depending on projects, I know we have greenlight projects this year that wont be announced or finished before 2029, so sadly it can take a long long time.

Purple44 — Today at 3:31 AM
Stuntfest was still alive in 2019
[3:32 AM]
If THQN won't make an Official announcement, Can you let Bugbear make it??

Zyddie — Today at 3:33 AM
That i cannot comment on as that is a decision to make between Tier 1 at BB and THQN ^^ and that I'm not

Purple44 — Today at 3:35 AM
How in good faith can us players pre-order Bugbear next project they been working on, if Bugbear\ THQN will not do what right for the Stuntfest players that paid their $10??

Zyddie — Today at 3:37 AM
I get what you mean purple, you know I do, but I cannot do more than inform the people above me in the food chain, they have to make a decision and then we will see what happens from that

Purple44 — Today at 3:37 AM
That all I ask, but why the big wigs taking forever!!! to make the decision!

Zyddie — Today at 3:38 AM
Coz we have 70+ things in production, and any talk about production or future for such a project also means budget talks and those takes a LONG LONG time
[3:38 AM]
So even if it is a no, those things have to be considered
[3:38 AM]
most projects are usually in planning for 5+ years before active development
[3:39 AM]
So i wish it would just be a yes or no but there is a lot of factors here

Purple44 — Today at 3:39 AM
I have told you and Janne, I have my $70 ready to go to pre-order Bugbear next project, But until this Bugbear's Suntfest issue get resolve, I will have to hang on to my $70

Zyddie — Today at 3:40 AM
That is your choice and a fully understandable one
[3:40 AM]
But that sadly wont speed up things.

Purple44 — Today at 3:42 AM
after 6+ years, I see no production on SF, just be a good publisher and be straight with the Stuntfest players and end this waiting!!! 6 years has been to long already!
[3:44 AM]
Bugbear could just add a new car and a Stunt player, a new map or 2 and some objects, if Bugbear wanted to just do 1 more update and call it good? (edited)
[3:46 AM]
Couple months of development and Bugbear could put Stuntfest to rest
[3:47 AM]
And it make THQN money, when final version get release on Steam!!

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Don't know if we will ever get a Stuntfest Official announcement out of THQN now. :(