March Update 2

G

guest103487

real damage system shouldnt had come into multiplayer.....career mode , custom race ok. but not in MP.

Rowdy Burns

Full time wrecker
I wonder how much HP a car will loose in real life wall taps lol!

KISS THE WALL COMPILATION | Drift Wall Taps

Cosmetic "love tap" damage shouldn`t effect overall car health!

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Good point, we need to check what's up with that.

Coincidentally, up to this point the wrecked cars have always had their brakes applied which has meant that it's pretty easy to get stuck behind them, both the AI and the player. We just disabled this feature today and it would seem like not only it's easier to push the wrecks around but also that they end up in more interesting locations on the track and beside it.
Very good decision Janne! proud of you... now make it so that we can see the dang leader boards without having to race! there is no way to view the leader board, unless you finish a race. that is not ideal.
Have a nice night!

G

guest103487

both damgage (HP) is bullshit. in normal mode and real damage....had an online race on normal damage mode a car touched! me (no crash or something) and ive lost 28 HP.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Vollmer said:
real damage system shouldnt had come into multiplayer.....career mode , custom race ok. but not in MP.
Hosts, servers and Admins have choice to turn realistic mode on or off. That not a problem for me online.

My BIG concern is if either mode take away " rubbing racing", especially normal mode. I can see Wreckfest online dying off!! :mad:

Have not gotten a chance yet to test new hotfix online ( was busy last week getting Fig 8 mod ready for Saturday Night Mods night using a custom damage files ), will give it a try tonight.

Caley19

Rowdy Burns said:
Cosmetic "love tap" damage shouldn`t effect overall car health!
I'll just leave this here

I'm sorry I couldn't resist :p

As always I hope BB will give us a great solution to make all of us happy with the damage model (like they made with the handling model even if it took some years to get it right)

Good luck with that BB

FalconXY

Another thing besides the damage model: AI engine sounds

I think after the 2nd March update the AI engine sounds behind me making a strange hissing sound.
It's really disturbing.
I have checked it on YT videos and on the 1st March update the AI engine sound was normal and in videos from the 2nd update they sound weird. Like high pitched wasps chasing me.

Do I only hear that or do some of you noticed that too ?

EDIT:
It might be the sound of the "Rammer". Was that sound changed in the update ?

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Rowdy Burns said:
Rubbing is Racing

I just had to post this! :)
This is a good example of Sim-cade racing. Add more body damage to the cars and name it Arcade mode. Deal with the HP and other bugs on a separate level, I hope someone came understand what I am trying to say.

Caley19

Noticed it on day 1 also reported bug, but looks like so far no one understand it so thx for bringing it to the light :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
There been a lot of posting about the new damage modes in the March Update 2 hotfix. Today I got to go online and do some testing of the normal mode online. I don't see me using realistic mode online, I want my cars to last longer in a race or derby.

From what I been reading I was thinking my car would be wreck a lot sooner than what I saw online. But I would like my cars last a little longer. I do see that cars that lost a 1\3 health usually happens in the first turn or 2 ( 2-3 bars of health ). I would think it be better in normal mode, lost of health would be more like 1 bar when try get through first turn or 2 in a crowded race online.

I took frame shots from the video:

At half health remaining, damage indicator is barely pink.

At very low health I have no red or black damage indicators. Health bar and damage indicators not matching up. But this is with a beef up Muddigger with heavy duty, side protectors and bumpers.

In this pic above, the health bar and damage indicators are more in-sync and I have yellow parts damage with the Hotshot.

After the first turn on Mixed 7, one player loss 2 bars of health!

Now compare the damage we saw with Dec 2017 Build:

At 15:30-15:45 health bar and damage indicators seem be working like you would think you want them too Janne. What was wrong with this damage system in Dec Build, I have to ask?

Also Janne in the above video at 18:42 you can see I started Dirt Fig8 front row and got the red circle and it kept popping in and out during the race, but laps still counted. If the reverse limiter was set to ON, it would screwed up my race!

My thoughts, I do like the idea of cars lasting longer when health is low, to give players a chance to survive the race and maybe win a rough fig 8 race. But do think cars need take less damage when healthy, too. Cars are getting to much damage to them in the first turn. And right now the damage indicators and damage parts indicators not in-sync. Is it because health bar damage is going down faster than damage indicators are recording damage to cars?

There is two different worlds, offline players will mistreat the AI big time and that GOOD. Online it different story, it usually trolls that are mistreating other players that come online to have some close, rub some paint racing with good players. Unless you in a no rules server, then race as rough as you want.

Can the same damage system work well for both worlds? Or we need to have an online damage mode that work well with how players like race online with some rubbing is racing?

Also I not see any cars losing a wheel online!! Be it a race or derby. :( When a car is pretty low on health and get smack hard where a wheels is, be nice see a wheel come off, especially in a derby or fig8 race!

Right now, normal damage system favors the trolls to much when they can take half a players health out in the first turn.

Bonecracker

I think the Expert mode now is like a "god mode", when i play elimination race on sandpit 3 with the best version of Road Slayer Gt (A class) and it's almost impossible to win, and i not sure what are doing there nexus, dominator and hammerhead there beating A class cars haha

Also Realistic damage isn't a option now, small hits back wreck the engine i think is weird

Caley19

Andy Rotten said:
I think the Expert mode now is like a "god mode", when i play elimination race on sandpit 3 with the best version of Road Slayer Gt (A class) and it's almost impossible to win, and i not sure what are doing there nexus, dominator and hammerhead there beating A class cars haha

Also Realistic damage isn't a option now, small hits back wreck the engine i think is weird
I dind't had any problems with expert difficulty. I like realistic races, where if you start at the back or end up in the back it's almost impossible to get in to first places let's call it "challenging" or realistic. IMO the current main problem with AI drivers is not their difficulty but their behaviour on almost all tracks - all of them mostly drive in one line and the only exception is when someone crashes and others behind him crashes to him too what make something unexpected. The whole AI behaviour is very boring and repetitive - I'm not saying that they need to make a mess in every corner, but just make them use the whole road not just the best path.

Can we get any info about this ai behaviour?

And also kindly asking for definitive answer if you can tell - Will we see some new tracks before release or at least new routes/layouts? :)

FalconXY

I think the same about the AI and I think the AI is still to fast around corners.

Example: with Amateur AI class A - When I go around a corner on gravel the fastest I can, then very often AI cars fly by the left or right of me at ridiculous speeds.

RickyBobby

Purple44 said:
What was wrong with the damage system in Dec Build, I have to ask?
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Sorry, for us the old damage is pretty much meaningless gameplay wise (should I daresay boring) since there was never any real threat of being wrecked or a chance to wreck someone.
Wait.. what? ... In Wreckfest "there was never any real threat of being wrecked or a chance to wreck someone." ? ??? But...

Of course there were threats of being wrecked or chances to wreck someone. I don't get it. lol

K

KingOfTheCakes

Andy Rotten said:

Are you sure you've got the right tuning?

To me, if anything, Expert AI needs improving if this is meant to be the hardest difficulty. It's their racing lines I have a problem with. Maybe it would help if AI had better PI for their classes too.

TheEngiGuy

Weeked Smasher
RickyB said:
Purple44 said:
What was wrong with the damage system in Dec Build, I have to ask?
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Sorry, for us the old damage is pretty much meaningless gameplay wise (should I daresay boring) since there was never any real threat of being wrecked or a chance to wreck someone.
Wait.. what? ... In Wreckfest "there was never any real threat of being wrecked or a chance to wreck someone." ? ??? But...

Of course there were threats of being wrecked or chances to wreck someone. I don't get it. lol
To be frank, most of the races (at least in career) are only 3-5 lap races and it was rare to see AI getting wrecked or mechanically damaged.