Mod Development Screenshots

Crash77

Member
KillerAJD said:
Nice stuff TVE!

It's been extremely slow going for me, as I've been super busy. I did manage to get a lot of stuff finished in the last few days though. Managed to finish the main track, plus two alternate variants. Here's another quick update:









For the more fantastical variant, I made another loop, except this time with a crossover. Still playing with it to try and get it to work as well as I can, but I'm surprised at how well it doesn't get clogged like my other loop. First of all, the AI seem to make this loop more often then not, and since there's no side walls, they sometimes just fly out the sides, which is totally fine. I have noticed that some cars will flip upside down, and don't reset themselves all that quickly, but again, still playing with it.





Wait, those sponsors are real. Does the Steam Workshop allow real sponsors? But, sponsors aside, this looks rad and I can wait to race on this!
 

The Very End

Well-Known Member
Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Looks great as always Sam.
My weekend project has been involved in trying to get this to work in-game again. Changing cars do crash the game (which I don't know why does) and I need to add LOD tire models (that is why they are not visible atm). Oh and sound does not work either now so.. well shit ^^
 

KillerAJD

Member
Crash77 said:
Wait, those sponsors are real. Does the Steam Workshop allow real sponsors? But, sponsors aside, this looks rad and I can wait to race on this!
Real sponsors, where?! ;D Not to say it won't ever be an issue, but I've not had any problems with my current tracks that are posted. We'll see though...

I put the loop that I was working on to the side for the time being. It just doesn't play well enough with the AI. Trying another wacky thing (think bobsleigh track, haha), but I may end up releasing what I have right now and try and add stuff later, because the rest of the track/variants are pretty much finished.

Just a quick screenshot (some stuff I had hidden to speed up the compile time). And yes, you can do full loops within the tube, haha.

 

KillerAJD

Member
KillerAJD said:
Crash77 said:
Wait, those sponsors are real. Does the Steam Workshop allow real sponsors? But, sponsors aside, this looks rad and I can wait to race on this!
Real sponsors, where?! ;D Not to say it won't ever be an issue, but I've not had any problems with my current tracks that are posted. We'll see though...

I put the loop that I was working on to the side for the time being. It just doesn't play well enough with the AI. Trying another wacky thing (think bobsleigh track, haha), but I may end up releasing what I have right now and try and add stuff later, because the rest of the track/variants are pretty much finished.

Just a quick screenshot (some stuff I had hidden to speed up the compile time). And yes, you can do full loops within the tube, haha.

As a quick request, Sam/TVE, could either one of you (or anybody else) give me a quick crash course on getting a custom surface type implemented? I was successfully able to adjust some stuff in the wettarmac.vpdp for my tube track variant (so in certain sections, your car it's very slip-n-slidey), but I'm unsure how to package that with my mod (or create an entirely new entry). I was looking back through some previous posts where you two were discussing it, but none of the links Sam posted work anymore, and I'm still unsure exactly what files need to be made, and how to compile, and then how to package them.
 

The Very End

Well-Known Member
Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Oh that's a lot of stuff you have to tweak, as well that I don't get the particles to work. Either way:

1: update the surface list with the additional surface (data/property/settings/surfacelist.srfl)
2: update the physics list / tire list within the tire folder (data/vehicle/shared/physics/tiredynamics)
3: add a surface (suse file) file with same name as the new surface (data/scene/surface)
4: add dntp file, called surface_newOne. These are placed in a other place than the ones in data / art / objects, think it is under properties / objects.
5: at export you need the files in your main BB folders, meaning you must do a lot of security copies. At same time copy the same file and folder structure over to the mod folder; as before starting game it is safe to delete those duplicate files from main folder. Will still work.

EDIT:added paths ~sam
 

sam223

Active Member
Weeked Smasher
To get the particle effects to work you might need to add to data/property/effects/tire
The first 3 files in TVE list should give you clues on how its all linked together.
 

The Very End

Well-Known Member
Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
As what Sam says, thanks. Think it should work but whatever reason or bug or whatnot, I cannot get particles to work regardless of what I change or add within tire settings. Body contact and tiremark as well as physics all work tho.
 

KillerAJD

Member
sam223 said:
To get the particle effects to work you might need to add to data/property/effects/tire
The first 3 files in TVE list should give you clues on how its all linked together.
The Very End said:
Oh that's a lot of stuff you have to tweak, as well that I don't get the particles to work. Either way:

1: update the surface list with the additional surface (data/property/settings/surfacelist.srfl)
2: update the physics list / tire list within the tire folder (data/vehicle/shared/physics/tiredynamics)
3: add a surface (suse file) file with same name as the new surface (data/scene/surface)
4: add dntp file, called surface_newOne. These are placed in a other place than the ones in data / art / objects, think it is under properties / objects.
5: at export you need the files in your main BB folders, meaning you must do a lot of security copies. At same time copy the same file and folder structure over to the mod folder; as before starting game it is safe to delete those duplicate files from main folder. Will still work.

EDIT:added paths ~sam
Awesome, thanks you two!
 

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
Here some video of my redone Sandpit 1 Suicide Killer Tire track to get track to work with final version of Wreckfest:



Here what track look like back in 2016 when qgrinal track still loaded ( at 6:27 ):

 

The Very End

Well-Known Member
Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Nice Purp :)

Meanwhile - I regret everything...

(Not textured yet, you are basically seeing what is going to be the color map - road layout is the only thing that basically is layed out)
 

sam223

Active Member
Weeked Smasher
The Very End said:
Nice Purp :)

Meanwhile - I regret everything...

(Not textured yet, you are basically seeing what is going to be the color map - road layout is the only thing that basically is layed out)
Looks good so far Tor,using google earth topography?
 

The Very End

Well-Known Member
Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Nah, Google Earth was too little details and impossible to level the road. Had to build roads, then expand until it was all squared (the edges you can see is the ref. picture size). I manually moving terrain now which is... painfull. Good thing I live around these parts, meaning I can use my memory for modelling, even tho it will look completely different than what the real life thing is.
But alas, got to try out new things. Thanks btw!
 

The Very End

Well-Known Member
Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Maybe, or, it seems Google is having really low detail maps over Norway. In Norway we have great mapping services offering a range of tools, but due to legal rights (and privatization of the services) you cannot download hightmaps / satelite photos (at least not in usable formats, or if you are not willing to pay 10 000 (not kidding, that is the price I would have to pay for the area in question)). This color map is stiched together with about 5-6 different shots done through print screen... ugh
 
Top