Online Bangers : Wreckfest (2018)

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Re: [WIP] Online Bangers : Wreckfest

JOEYVEGAS371 said:
Sam,

Is it difficult to add extra skins to existing models without copying over existing ones?

Thanks

Joe
No its really easy,just duplicate a .vepa and change the little bit of info in the file.But any changes conflict online i think,so if you add extras to your game you wont be able to go online unless the server also adds them.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

sam223 said:
JOEYVEGAS371 said:
Sam,

Is it difficult to add extra skins to existing models without copying over existing ones?

Thanks

Joe
No its really easy,just duplicate a .vepa and change the little bit of info in the file.But any changes conflict online i think,so if you add extras to your game you wont be able to go online unless the server also adds them.
Wreckfest is checking skin files when using a mod online? Stock Wreckfest does not check skin files.

Joey could do a test and load mod with his custom skins ( or load the custom skins as a separate mod, like I do with my custom skins and they work with all mods so far ) and see if he get a red X for the online Bangers host.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

Purple44 said:
sam223 said:
JOEYVEGAS371 said:
Sam,

Thanks

Joe
Wreckfest is checking skin files when using a mod online? Stock Wreckfest does not check skin files.

Joey could do a test and load mod with his custom skins ( or load the custom skins as a separate mod, like I do with my custom skins and they work with all mods so far ) and see if he get a red X for the online Bangers host.
You can use custom skins but not additional skin slots i think, or maybe they are just disabled online like additional parts.

JOEYVEGAS371

ok, think I understand, I'll see how I get on....without wrecking it!!

I put 3 skins on the steam chat yesterday! Is there any you would like done specifically for the release?? If not I'll end up doing the ones I want!!

Might do Keefy, Jackstar, Ricky Beasley, Boogie etc next, oh and a few more Weymouth Wallies!!

sam223

Weeked Smasher

JOEYVEGAS371 said:
ok, think I understand, I'll see how I get on....without wrecking it!!

I put 3 skins on the steam chat yesterday! Is there any you would like done specifically for the release?? If not I'll end up doing the ones I want!!

Might do Keefy, Jackstar, Ricky Beasley, Boogie etc next, oh and a few more Weymouth Wallies!!
Upto you really,seen the ones you sent,they look great.Of course replicas are more desirable at the moment but i dont mind. Someone has done me a speedy reed replica for the hearse and ill possible do a few sowter mk2's for the next patch.

JOEYVEGAS371

cool, I don't want to go too mad, until the templates for mk2 and other cars are available, or you'll end up with loads of skins for just the makes we all ready have and not many for later ones

sam223

Weeked Smasher

Another update.Re-Subscribe if it doesnt download:
Lots of Skins
Poly count increase on all models except hearse
Hearse panels drop after less force
Global damage power increase
New Suspension Setups
New Brake Bias settings
Remaining ford engines added to jag and Volvo
Model and damage improvements to gran2s
New wheels added to Gran2s (thanks Bungal)
Cameras improved (thanks Leek)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

sam223

Weeked Smasher

The Very End said:
Looks great!
Cheers,still loads to do but its nice to make progress. Need some more ovals to race on now hint hint :)

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster

Well, since it is not me making these I cannot say much, but rumors tells a guy is developing ovals as we speak ;)
For me I am working on a mere triangeled oval-ish shape now. Do not think it will be any good, so my best advice is to wait and see until mystery man reveals his work ;)

sam223

Weeked Smasher

The Very End said:
Well, since it is not me making these I cannot say much, but rumors tells a guy is developing ovals as we speak ;)
For me I am working on a mere triangeled oval-ish shape now. Do not think it will be any good, so my best advice is to wait and see until mystery man reveals his work ;)
Oh i know about the one in development,had a test last night and its great so far. I was hinting about cowie's back catalogue mainly ;)

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster

What about Mazay? ;p He's capable :D Demand him to do it ;p
What about size for a small tri-oval? The pit boxes are about a car-size scale.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster

That's dirt ;O Gotta have some asphalt now, the gravvel kills my FPS haha!
But yeah, Mazay is never busy, he just pretends. If he says no - ask him until he say yes ;)

JOEYVEGAS371

I hope someone can help, since the update, whenever I try to select the Mk1 Granada the game crashes?

Any ideas? Is there a crash log?

Scratch that, I sussed it thanks :) I reloaded mod and repurchased cars.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

The Very End said:
That's dirt ;O Gotta have some asphalt now, the gravvel kills my FPS haha!
But yeah, Mazay is never busy, he just pretends. If he says no - ask him until he say yes ;)
Looks good for tarmac, knockhill tri oval would be a good reference point