Online Bangers : Wreckfest (2018)

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Re: [WIP] Online Bangers : Wreckfest

Mk1 granny gets some new wheels and improved damage, to bring it up to par with the mk2

sam223

Weeked Smasher

The next update is all about polish and bringing everything up to par with the mk2 so the volvo and jag have got their own rims now (cheers bungal)

They not only look better but it will also help improve how the cars handle and perform.Smaller tires than the stock ones i was using before,so gear boxes and engines wont feel so sluggish either
Steering wheels (as driver) also fixed along with tire and visual damage (all snap like the mk2).

Once the mk1 hearse has got rims aswell that just leaves: fixing handbrakes to make people use brakes,remove/reduce engine fires,more cams,gearbox ratio options....

I also want to include at least a couple more cars (mk2 estate,1964 caddy fleetwood) , if theres anyone whos comfortable with photoshop and wants to help with re-texture templates drop me a message.If i can get some assistance i should be able to get 3-4 cars in the update (ls400/vandenplas4lr/68impala/merc600limo?)

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker

Nice work Sam.

You're mod keeps the game alive for me ;)

sam223

Weeked Smasher

Its been a long time coming but its finally time to release the next patch.The mod is still WIP so please don't consider anything final. If you find any bugs please post in the bugs thread and ill try to fix them asap.
A lot of the delay has been to changing the structure of file in the mod. It now uses shared engines and parts between the fords for ease of fine tuning so hopefully it should mean easier updates in the future

WHATS NEW
9 new car models

The 5 original car models completely rebuilt with additional detail

Rims on all the old models and new. This also means that all tire sizes have changed so your previous preferred setup might feel strange.

Skins - Loads of skins for the cars

Engines - 4 new Chevrolet engines (307,327,396,427) and 2 new Cadillac engines (6.4L,7.0L)

Intake manifold - an additional intake manifold has been added that gives +40% engine efficiency. This isnt avialble on all engines and was added to try balance all engines out.

Gear box ratios - Gear boxes have changed. They are now split by type and then final gear ratio. E.g V6 4 speed Type5 With 2L Scorpio diff and V6 5 speed Type9 With 2.3L Mk2 diff. Hover over the little 'i' in the market to see gear ratio details before you buy.

Camber and toe - All models now have factory specification camber and toe settings

Suspension setups - There's now 3 different suspension setups to choose from aswell as ride height and stiff settings within each. Mk1 Granada is the softest with + front camber and - rear camber. Mk2 Granada uses the same camber settings but has a stiffer spring rate. Scorpio suspension uses - front camber and no camber on the rear.

AI - AI have been added (although bodged as the correct way doesn't work)

Sprint Cup - Sprint cup mode has been modified (offline only). This mode is now 3x 9 laps races for points.

WHATS CHANGED

Moment of inertia physics - These have all been reworked based on a new mass

Mass - All mass settings have been corrected to be closer to accurate (Minus weight from glass,inertia etc)

Engine torque and power - all adjusted to use the correct measurements (no measurements in bugbears software)

Damage - Damage has been adjusted to fix parts falling off. Restitution lowered to stop cars flying in contact as much (-2)

Contact - Friction added to car to car contact.

Smoke DNF effect - The old engine fires and smoke have been replaced with a more accurate DNF steam

Tire smoke effect - Tire load required to get the tires smoking has been increased to stop everyone smoking during a little drift

Handbrake - hand brake engage time has been increased from 0.01sec to 1sec and length of engagement increased from 0.1sec to 2secs.To stop people using the handbrake instead of braking.

Cameras- Cams have been reworked with a higher chase cam, behind cam has also been raised and drivers cams reworked. If you don't like them, you can make your own as they are not protected by the anti cheat.

Surface_metal/default - Friction increased on both of these materials,Restitution lowered to 0.1 to reduce bouncing.

THANKS TO

Bungal - Ford Granada Scorpio model, rims for other cars
Timmy - am4 banger fully prepped for the game
Dode - Ford gearbox ratios and skins
Dalags - Lexus LS400 original low poly model and lots of car photos
Haadee - mk1 Ford Granada saloon/mk1 Ford Granada hearse/mk1 Ford Granada coupe/Jaguar xj6s3/1964 Cadillac 60 series/Mercedes w100 600/Volvo 240 estate original low poly models
Rodder - mk1Ford Granada coke bottle coupe/mk2 Ford Granada estate/1968 Chevrolet impala original low poly models
Sc0ttyDo3sntKn0w - Camber and toe factory data
Vixtro - Normal and specular map experimentation
WokaSnr - Normal and specular map experimentation
Vin Petrol - lots of skins
Gildo - Photos of cars at meetings
[TEC] Bradley#121 - Sorted a lot of player skin submission files

Special thanks to
The many mod testers,everyone who submitted a skin and all the youtubers filming and streaming the mod and thanks to anyone else who helped along the way (im sure ive missed some)

thanks
Sam

pben1

Hi Sam,

Getting random EXE.64 crashes an Caddies some times show pink.

TheEngiGuy

Weeked Smasher

"AI - AI have been added (although bodged as the correct way doesn't work)"

What does this mean exactly?

sam223

Weeked Smasher

TheEngiGuy said:
"AI - AI have been added (although bodged as the correct way doesn't work)"

What does this mean exactly?
I posted about it recently,was hoping for a dev reply. When i added them correctly they only worked for 2 chassis. So had to force vanilla ai into mod cars instead

pben1 said:
Hi Sam,

Getting random EXE.64 crashes an Caddies some times show pink.
Try resub to mod and verify cache,hopefully just a missing file

pben1

Done a resub an deleted Wreckfest early access folder, will test out later working tonight

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member

My game crashes when I select the Ford Grenada MK2 Estate. I have 68 Chevrolet Impala and 64 Cadillac 60 Special purchased and they work fine.

Do I need to buy all cars in the mod or does that matter?

BTW the 64 Caddy looks like the tires are low.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

Heddly said:
My game crashes when I select the Ford Grenada MK2 Estate. I have 68 Chevrolet Impala and 64 Cadillac 60 Special purchased and they work fine.

Do I need to buy all cars in the mod or does that matter?

BTW the 64 Caddy looks like the tires are low.
Just done a tiny patch fixing the mk2 estate. You dont need to buy all the cars in the mod and i agree about the caddy tires,ill fix that

FalconXY

Great work sam223 ! :D

Thank you and all the helpers for this great mod.

That will bring me back playing again.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

Mod updated,mostly fixing broken things (steering wheels still dont move). Severs will be updated later.

-lowered friction in car to car contact from 0.7 to 0.5
-lowered restitution from -2 to -1.6
-increased yank tire rim size (no longer running on flat)
-decreased jag rim size (no longer floating)
-reduced metal and default surface (armco/posts) friction from 0.7 to 0.45
-reduced metal and default surface (armco/posts) restitution from 0.1 to 0.01
-reduced particle amount in DNFs from 10/25 per sec to 4/5 per sec
-reduced toe settings on all cars by half (unknown measurement previously), improving FFB
-slight tweak to static object (armco/tires) and car to car damage. Requires less force to cause small dents,and big damage on armco lowered
-ai class for pre 85 and all granadas added
-skins updated
-Chevy engines lowered performance by 10%
-50+60% Fuel efficiency updates removed
-fixes for online server (invalid car)
-scorpio saloon and estate renamed (shorter)
-Scorpio estate cage fixed
-mk2 saloon steering wheel locked
-mk2 saloon new bonnet bolts + few extra details
-Ringwood track fixes included in the mod
-Collection setup for online http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=837511033

rapt0r

why dont you upload to mega not everyone wants loads of steam subscriptions

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster

Because that would only be downloaded by the people using a cracked version of the game. Steam Workshop is the easiest, fastest and best way to install mods to Wreckfest.
I understand that it might be a clutter with all the different workshop mods, but at same time the list will be equally long with mods outside Steam as they will have to be activated on the same place / menu.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

rapt0r said:
why dont you upload to mega not everyone wants loads of steam subscriptions
I use steam workshop for 3 reasons. Auto updating of clients when i do a patch,which is pretty often (15 since august). Grouping of mods in collections (tracks+cars) so people can join online servers easy and steam mod merging system. It lets me have multiple private test builds of the mod,then when i patch the public version it take files from the test versions, to save me uploading the whole thing each time.

As it stand the bangers mod is 14.4GB, 6426 files. Im not sure anywhere else would allow me to upload that much for free as 1 download?