Online Bangers : Wreckfest (2018)

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
Re: [WIP] Online Bangers : Wreckfest

sam223 said:
rapt0r said:
why dont you upload to mega not everyone wants loads of steam subscriptions
As it stand the bangers mod is 14.4GB, 6426 files. Im not sure anywhere else would allow me to upload that much for free as 1 download?
Mega.nz allows 50GB if I remember right.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

St. Jimmy said:
sam223 said:
rapt0r said:
why dont you upload to mega not everyone wants loads of steam subscriptions
As it stand the bangers mod is 14.4GB, 6426 files. Im not sure anywhere else would allow me to upload that much for free as 1 download?
Mega.nz allows 50GB if I remember right.
Cheers jimmy,in which case ill upload a mirror tonight

sam223

Weeked Smasher

Gonna take 2 days to upload :(
If you dont want to use the workshop version. Just download it through steam workshop > goto \steamapps\workshop\content\228380\740683245 > cut and paste this folder into \steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods > unsubscribe from workshop

sam223

Weeked Smasher

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

WHATS NEW

The 7 new models - 79 Toyota Crown,86 Toyota Supra,67 Pontiac GTO,79 Ford LTD,64 Vanden plas 4lR,95 Mercedes W210 saloon & estate
5 old models updated with more details - mk1grans,mk1granc,mk2grane,mk2grans,,merc600
Skins (over 100) - Loads of skins for the cars
Damaged skins - Batch scratches added to mk1grans,mk1grancc,mk1granc,mk1gran4dr,mkgrans,mk2grane,lexusls400,toyota crown,64caddy
Engines - 9 new engines Toyota (1ggte,1jzgte,7mge), Mercedes (m112), Ford (2.3DOHC,4.9L,5.8L ), Austin 3l, Rolls Royce 4l
Gear box ratios - Additional gearbox ratios added for volvo redblock and for above engines
Wheel colours - You can now change the colour of steel rims and alloys.

WHATS CHANGED

Steering Wheels - moving steering wheels now work in all cars
AI - Added new cars to B class
Mass - All cars have gained 100kg
Engine torque and power - Adjustments to engine efficiency to give more accurate BHP and balance cars overall.
Engine sounds - Different sounds added to engines
Damage - Restitution raised to closer to 0 (previously -2)
Handbrake - hand brake engage slightly decreased

THANKS TO

Bungal - Toyota Supra/Toyota Crown/Ford LTD/Mercedes w210 models
Haadee - VDP 4LR original low poly model
Dave Spooner/Ripple - Camber and toe factory data/meaurements
JH/Dinky Doughnut/Ryano - lots of skins
Rocketman455 - Volvo ratios

Special thanks to
The many mod testers,everyone who submitted a skin and all the youtubers filming and streaming the mod and thanks to anyone else who helped along the way (im sure ive missed some)

thanks
Sam

orbotnive

Is that

a

Looks like it but I didn't see the name in the post. Anyway I think it's time to join in and try out the changes soon :)
Well done thanks for the efforts

orbotnive

Makes sense :-[

they look similar with no size reference and the front cut off :)

sam223

Weeked Smasher

Orbotnive T said:
Makes sense :-[

they look similar with no size reference and the front cut off :)
Yea i understand, over the years ive learnt to spot them without trim i guess.

TheEngiGuy

Weeked Smasher

This update is awesome, keep it up! Just the hitboxes are a problem.

orbotnive

These are not requests, just a query as to likelyhood of consideration since I'd like to drive them but have limited knowledge on what cars were popular for bangers, the time period you're sticking to, or how far you might stretch that.

Either : SD1 (would need a lot of panels and fixtures built to fall off waste of time competing :D)

Or : Rover 800

120y estate

polo

I know these aren't usual (or ever) bangers I'd just love to drive them in wreckfest :D

This one would be cool on tarmac or dirt with the 4 wheel steering and 4 wheel drive

sacrilege

EDIT: Actually regardless of the answers to the above can I ask what your hopes, no guarantees are for possible inclusions in the future too?

sam223

Weeked Smasher

TheEngiGuy said:
This update is awesome, keep it up! Just the hitboxes are a problem.
Agree they still need cleaning up a bit. Panels and joints still need perfecting aswell (keep putting this one off until deform/collision settings are final)
Orbotnive T said:
These are not requests, just a query as to likelyhood of consideration since I'd like to drive them but have limited knowledge on what cars were popular for bangers, the time period you're sticking to, or how far you might stretch that.

Either : SD1 (would need a lot of panels and fixtures built to fall off waste of time competing :D)

Or : Rover 800

120y estate

polo

I know these aren't usual (or ever) bangers I'd just love to drive them in wreckfest :D

This one would be cool on tarmac or dirt with the 4 wheel steering and 4 wheel drive

sacrilege

EDIT: Actually regardless of the answers to the above can I ask what your hopes, no guarantees are for possible inclusions in the future too?
SD1/Rover V8 is most likely id say of the list. The others are a bit small (would be 2L class). Capri's were common bangers back in the day though. Either way itll be a while at least as bungal has prepped 4 more models which didnt make it in this patch. Cadillac fleetwood,Mercedes w140 saloon,Rolls Royce Silver Shadow Mk2,Volvo 240 saloon. And id like to make a Jaguar mk2,Rover p4, Buick straight 8 and maybe Lincoln town car limo.

Shall see what motivation is like as 68 impala,64 caddy, xj6 s3,volvo 240E,mk1 gran hearse and mk1 grancc models need tidying up/improving aswell

Tonza

Team Bugbear Member

what makes crappy toyota banger a sacrilege? 8)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member

Well, AE86 'Hachi-Roku' is a pretty legendary car these days :) I only had a DX Coupe back in the day.

Tonza

Team Bugbear Member

If I'm not mistaken it's almost solely popular thanks to some anime. ::)
In my eyes it's still nothing but a corolla, and outdated one too. And nothing wrong with a corolla, it's the best selling car model for a reason. Affordable, reliable and idiot-proof everyday car. :)
But it's just that the ae86 is vastly overrated these days. Just an everday car, nothing fancy, far from a performance car, that happened to become popular among some people.

orbotnive

well yeah Tonza, you aren't wrong. All those cars pictured have sentimental value of some kind to me whether owned or someone else owned or just rode in the back of one once.. And were posted because of it. Not that they were the best cars ever, in my opinion. There were more I could have posted in that category but knew I'd definitely have to model and code them myself :p And that's not going to happen, so yeah. Cars if you like them at all could be heaps and still touch you :)

Edit: oh and the sacrilege remark was because there would be a bit of an outcry similar to when top gear wrecked a load of caravans and marinas (was it marinas?) if somebody put an ae86 into a banger race I'm sure, they are pretty expensive these days justified or not lol

ExxionNexxion

Team Bugbear Member

Tonza said:
If I'm not mistaken it's almost solely popular thanks to some anime. ::)
In my eyes it's still nothing but a corolla, and outdated one too. And nothing wrong with a corolla, it's the best selling car model for a reason. Affordable, reliable and idiot-proof everyday car. :)
But it's just that the ae86 is vastly overrated these days. Just an everday car, nothing fancy, far from a performance car, that happened to become popular among some people.
You are correct, it became such a big icon almost entirely due to the Initial D series. (And at least for a short time, it also popularised europop, so I'm not complaining too much.) I'm surprised, because it was usually mentioned how much of an underdog the 86 was in comparison to the more modern vehicles. It All had to do with the driver, not the car. :)
It would still be fun to smash to bits though. (Although that being said, anything would be...)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member

Yep, I guess they are mostly legendary in very specific circles, like those into jdm tuning and so on, and the rest of us couldn't care less.

orbotnive

Bah u no likey cars I likey meh

LOL sorry sam no more from me on the subject, it was fun though

sam223

Weeked Smasher

lol no problem.Speaking of Japenese I'd like to see a 260c,280c,300c and the later mk4 supra at some point