Online???

John Burning

Create, destroy and dominate!
Team Bugbear Member
Bugbear, do you supporting FlatOut's servers? Is it real to play with someone online?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Go here:

http://fo-online.net/

If want to race Flatout 1 online. These guys been racing Flatout 1 online for a long time now.

Flatout 2 Gamespy servers are still up and running. I race\derby for about 4 hours last Saturday with some guys from Flatout Joint.

John Burning

Team Bugbear Member
Purple44 said:
Go here:

http://fo-online.net/

If want to race Flatout 1 online. These guys been racing Flatout 1 online for a long time now.

Flatout 2 Gamespy servers are still up and running. I race\derby for about 4 hours last Saturday with some guys from Flatout Joint.
WOW! Let's play together, I think it coul be really interesting! :D

John Burning

Team Bugbear Member
When I'm clicking "Join" the game is trying to launch and after that it gives me the error: "Failed to find Steam". So sad D:

err

that means you dont have 1.1 patch, download fov2plus, it already contains that and also some nice features like , more tracks available in multiplayer and lobby chat.

John Burning

Team Bugbear Member
err said:
that means you dont have 1.1 patch, download fov2plus, it already contains that and also some nice features like , more tracks available in multiplayer and lobby chat.
Thank you!

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I do not know why Bugbear\Empire Interactive\Steam put Euro v1.0 Flatout up on Steam for download and not the patch Euro v1.1 Flatout. This was a mistake.

Also using a noCD exe is not pirating as long as you have bought the game. And without the Euro v1.1 noCD exe, US players with US v1.2 Flatout ( like me ) could not race online with the players with the Euro v1.1 Flatout ( like err ).

Hi err. :) You and your "gang" should be thank for keeping Flatout 1 alive online.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
John Burning said:
BTW, I've got the "Failed to find Steam" error in FO2 too!!!
Happen all the time with Steam versions of Flatout. Search for "Failed to find Steam" in Steam Flatout forum for some possible fixes.

John Burning

Team Bugbear Member
Purple44 said:
John Burning said:
BTW, I've got the "Failed to find Steam" error in FO2 too!!!
Happen all the time with Steam versions of Flatout. Search for "Failed to find Steam" in Steam Flatout forum for some possible fixes.
Thanks! :D

dark.Continue

sometimes I'm playing fo1 online and checking server lists on fo-online.net but i prefer FlatOut 2 Online ;)

People can anyone explain me: Who is hosting FlatOut 2 Servers? and who is responsible for them, what company?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
dark.Continue said:
sometimes I'm playing fo1 online and checking server lists on fo-online.net but i prefer FlatOut 2 Online ;)

People can anyone explain me: Who is hosting FlatOut 2 Servers? and who is responsible for them, what company?
I assume Bugbear still paying the costs for the Gamespy servers. If it was publisher Empire Interactive, the the online servers would gone dead by 2008 or 2009 when Empire Interactive went belly up and Bugbear never finish "Flatout on steroids".

Purple44 said:
Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 01:06:38 AM
Found this today with Google:

Bugbear was celebrating its 8th anniversary at the IGDA.fi party. In addition to free drinks the party goers were treated with a slot car racing track and T-shirts. Bugbear’s birthday party speech proudly proclaimed Bugbear’s as the worlds leading independent driving game developer [as all the other good ones had been bought off by publishers ;-)], and had a few interesting tidbits about Bugbear’s next projects.

Bugbear said that it is working on its biggest action driving game ever, which combines “FlatOut on steroids” with all new original stuff. The company also revealed its long term vision of expanding beyond pure driving. IGDA Finland gang is making virtual waves to Bugbear and wishing good luck for the future!

I would be curious to know if some of what in Ridge Racer Unbounded, was from what Bugbear was working on back in 2008?

Empire Interactive going belly up change PC racing future. If Empire Interactive had not gone belly up, Bugbear may of finish Flatout 3 and be releasing Flatout 4 this year!! :'(

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
RacerBest said:
I could join too. ;D
Flatout 1 online is awesome. I just can't figure out how to host (yes I have tried to forward the ports but I don't do it right because still my game can't be joined)
I take it you you was able to join err gang when they hosted Flatout 1 online with out a problem. Problem come when you try to host, correct?

Did you forward this port?

To host Flatout 1 online, host need to forward port 23757 or nobody will be able to join his host. And all players need to use the same flatout.exe. That why you need to be using Euro v1.1 exe or the noCD version of Euro v1.1 exe if have US v1.2 version of Flatout 1.

If you want to read more about racing online with Flatout 1 and the problems we have run into, give this a read:

Racing online with Flatoutnet

We do have a alternative to Flatoutnet now, you can use Tunngle>Flatout network to host Flatout 1. Heddly and me tested this last week with a mod he working on and I was able to host Flatout 1 and Heddly was able to join. New router does not have port 23757 forwarded yet.

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Yes I am able to join other people's games.
I tried to do the port forwarding but didn't work for hosting. Or I just did it wrong.

Also can't play FOv3 because there's no GOG version for it. Tried to install it several times but couldn't get it work any way. fo-online has FOv2 Plus for GOG version too but not FOv3.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
err, what the tweak you guys did to FO1 GOG version to get this version to work with FOv2 Plus? PM me if you need too.

Could this tweak be made into a bfs file that could be added to the end of FOv3 mod patch.ini file?

M

Mopower

RacerBest said:
Yes I am able to join other people's games.
I tried to do the port forwarding but didn't work for hosting. Or I just did it wrong.

Also can't play FOv3 because there's no GOG version for it. Tried to install it several times but couldn't get it work any way. fo-online has FOv2 Plus for GOG version too but not FOv3.
I had the same problem when trying to install FOv3