Road Rumble, a new game mode for Wreckfest!

T

Team Bugbear

And now, something completely different.

Ever since we announced Wreckfest, players have longed for a game mode where they can let go of realistic racing and go crazy.

You asked for it, we deliver.

Bugbear proudly presents a new game mode for Wreckfest:

ROAD RUMBLE

a game mode of automatic weapons and boundless love, steel armor and sweet stunts!

In Road Rumble, players get to arm their cars with different weapons, slap on some solid steel to ward off those pesky bullets, and turn demolition derbies into total annihilation. No more Mr. Nice Driver!
Road Rumble will support both team mayhem and full deathmatch playstyles, but additional choices will become available down the road.

Note that the style of the cars depicted may change – this is a mock-up screenshot, and won’t necessarily represent the final look of Road Rumble.
We also made a quick trailer you can watch here. Again, don’t expect anything special at this point, but since you’ve wanted to see for yourselves what we’ve been working on, this is one of those things. Road Rumble will have more bells and whistles later on :)

longtimeago

"When in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
Re: Road Rumble - a new game mode for Wreckfest!

Team Bugbear said:
And now, something completely different.

ROAD RUMBLE

Hmm the trailer suddenly disappeared... AND THE GAME MODE LOOKED SO PROMISING IN IT! :O

Also, you guys weren't doing anything on the CAR physics, it were BULLET physics al along! Oh you cheeky bastards you! :D

Is the release date of this game mode April 1st 2016 or 2017? ;)

Dani

This looks way too good, it shouldn't be just an aprils fool :D

Like the faster you drive the faster the guns shoot ^

Jori Virtanen

Automatic weapons and boundless love.
Dani said:
This looks way too good, it shouldn't be just an aprils fool :D

Like the faster you drive the faster the guns shoot ^
Hahaha! That would be an extremely cool game mechanic! Would make sure that chaos is indeed prevalent :D

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
I'm kinda dreaming that this is true and Rick Astley is one of the soundtrack in WreckFest :D

Shortcut

Full time wrecker
:-\ ohhhh NOOOOOOO.....Weapons.....im a bit confused... -.- its not a must in Wreckfest....

SkinnierSteve

Gamer and Youtuber.
LOL, you guys totally got me with that one! It's the first time a game developer Rick Rolled me, lol. You guys are awesome! btw, I think a mode like that would actually be pretty cool with the car deformations and cool physics.