Road Rumble, a new game mode for Wreckfest!

Dillinja187

Awesome ! Killer prank hehe !, my eyes were bulging and I swear I felt a vein pop as i read this but then thought......waidaminute, basturds :)

If game is still in dev for next April I'm gunna try a round up % of community and we all take a poop in Jori's car as pay back :)

Thanks guys once again Awesome

M

Mopower

Never gonna give you up, bugbear, you're never gonna let me down, bugbear, except on April 1st.

Keras

Full time wrecker
For once I can be thankful to the german authorities. I can`t get rick rolled if the video is blocked xD

ETD

Weeked Smasher
You guys might be interested in this comment from Bugbear's FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/bugbeargames/photos/a.231966226826323.64806.161714937184786/872675022755437/?type=1&reply_comment_id=872684719421134&total_comments=8&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22}

Bugbear Entertainment Well, to be totally honest, this kind of game is something we've wanted to do for a long, long time. Even if such a mode won't make it to Wreckfest as we want to keep the focus on more realistic a level, it might just happen in our next project... You never know

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
I was saying that to Jori this afternoon, the funny thing is, modders are very likely to make this gamemode real..

Speedevil

conso1727 said:
I was saying that to Jori this afternoon, the funny thing is, modders are very likely to make this gamemode real..
I don't know, that would be a pretty big mod, way more complicated than a new car or a new track.

crashkid3000

Personal Text
Full time wrecker
My first reaction:My second thougth

I really think that it could work as a spin-off (standalone) DLC, like the Fast-n-Furious DLC for Foza Horizon 2 or the Episodes from Liberty City for GTA IV, but of course nothig to think about right now.

PS: Thanks GEMA for not letting me watch the "trailer".

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Speedevil said:
conso1727 said:
I don't know, that would be a pretty big mod, way more complicated than a new car or a new track.
Have to agree, that be a big time mod of Wreckfest. Would take some top notch coding.

Majatek

Posts generated by this user derive from consensus
Full time wrecker
Master Blaster
Team Bugbear Member
Somewhat. Firing projectiles is already pretty much built-in code (or at least easily compatible).

Simply make vehicles fire heavy (ie: objects with a lot of mass - they don't actually have to be affected by gravity) invisible bullets and the softbody physics and resulting damage system kicks into gear. ;)

Good April Fools post, Bugbear!

findRED

Full time wrecker
Majatek said:
Somewhat. Firing projectiles is already pretty much built-in code (or at least easily compatible).

Simply make vehicles fire heavy (ie: objects with a lot of mass - they don't actually have to be affected by gravity) invisible bullets and the softbody physics and resulting damage system kicks into gear. ;)

Good April Fools post, Bugbear!
But could the game handle multiple firing positions simultaneously on each and every car (multiple guns firing from every one of the 24 cars at the same time) That is where you might find a limit or some problems.

Wurzsag

Master Blaster
Beautiful... I really didn't see it coming. Haven't been Rickrolled for a long time.

ETD said:
You guys might be interested in this comment from Bugbear's FB page.

Bugbear Entertainment Well, to be totally honest, this kind of game is something we've wanted to do for a long, long time. Even if such a mode won't make it to Wreckfest as we want to keep the focus on more realistic a level, it might just happen in our next project... You never know
This sounds good to me. Keep it out of Wreckfest but do it in the next game :). There isn't a lot of vehicle shooting games that do it great, it could be a semi-realistic racing game with arcadey weapons. Mmmmmmmm explosions...

EDIT: BTW I still want the weekly update ;). Always fun to read.

Needles Kane

Weeked Smasher
No! Semi-realistic game with semi-realistic weapons like Interstate 76. Or realistic.

Turrets, damageable weapons, in-depth armour system, weight that affects handling, guns overheating. Anything from Interstate 76, Mechwarrior, Car wars, Darkwind is welcome.

There is already too many (not enough, but I76's way is still better) Twisted Metal clones and no one being successful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Drive_(video_game)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigilante_8_Arcade

When Pixelbionic announced Motorgun, everybody was excited because advanced armour system, but enthusiasm ran out when they heard it is MMO. Bugbear could make game that is as great as I76. Also there is no competition, only car combat simulator ever made and it's ancient I76 from 1997.

Needles Kane said:
No! Semi-realistic game with semi-realistic weapons like Interstate 76. Or realistic.

Turrets, damageable weapons, in-depth armour system, weight that affects handling, guns overheating. Anything from Interstate 76, Mechwarrior, Car wars, Darkwind is welcome.

There is already too many (not enough, but I76's way is still better) Twisted Metal clones and no one being successful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Drive_(video_game)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigilante_8_Arcade

When Pixelbionic announced Motorgun, everybody was excited because advanced armour system, but enthusiasm ran out when they heard it is MMO. Bugbear could make game that is as great as I76. Also there is no competition, only car combat simulator ever made and it's ancient I76 from 1997.
Wow you really know you're stuff... Bugbear, do what he says!

Please :p

Needles Kane

Weeked Smasher
Well I've played every game from this list except Scrap Metal, V8 Arcade,TM Ps3 and Totaled. Also various others that I can't remember. I could make 10 pages long essay what would make perfect car combat game but my poor English language skills is very restrictive.

Skunkmeister said:
Bugbear, do what he says!

Needles Kane said:
Well I've played every game from this list except Scrap Metal, V8 Arcade,TM Ps3 and Totaled. Also various others that I can't remember. I could make 10 pages long essay what would make perfect car combat game but my poor English language skills is very restrictive.
You could always write that 10 pages long essay in Finnish and send it to Jori :)

longtimeago

"When in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
Imagine that... Gas Guzzlers Extreme with Bugbear engine physics... How insane would that be?!

If Wreckfest is complete you guys should totally look in to "A project like this we always wanted to do" as you guys have said on the Facebook page. ;)

sam223

Weeked Smasher
longtimeago said:
Imagine that... Gas Guzzlers Extreme with Bugbear engine physics... How insane would that be?!

If Wreckfest is complete you guys should totally look in to "A project like this we always wanted to do" as you guys have said on the Facebook page. ;)
Finish wreckfest first,ill be passing on ' Next car&gun game' personally