Season Pass 2 update?

What type of cars would you like to see in the next Season Pass update?

• older cars like you might see at your local short track

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • newer/fancier race cars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • street cars

• iconic cars (like a Delorean) that you would never actually see in a race

• demo derby type cars (like early 70's Impalas)

• over the top cars like Bugzilla

• silly cars like the lawn mower

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • big trucks like the school bus and big rig

• trucks and vans

• cars that are similar to TV/movie cars like the Bullit (but not similar enough to sue)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cegon

Yeah, Season Pass 2 content is complete. Less content than SP1 but I think that's fair because SP2 was priced lower than SP1.

I really like the way you designed the vote options.
I think Bugbear should ignore "Vehicle Ideas (photothread)" on this forum and also ingore or maybe even remove "car-suggestions" channel on the official Discord and replace them with a voting system. The abominations that are posted there make me sick but I don't blame the people who post them, maybe they're just kids who have never seen a good-looking car, and then their neighbor buys a second hand Hyundai Coupe and they immediately think "omg it's a two-door and it looks way sportier than my mum's car, I want it in Wreckfest".

The vast majority of people get their ideas about things they want (cars, movies, food, decorations, anything) from things they have seem somewhere. The problem with cool cars is, you don't see them anymore (manufacturers stopped designing cars to look cool because they were forced to design them to be aerodynamic and safe). Maybe you get to see one in a movie and then everybody thinks "wow this is the coolest car in the world, ever" but there's hundreds more. Best example is the 1965-1966 Ford Mustang models. Everybody wants one, nobody knows that there were many other excellent pony car designs in the 60s and 70s (Dodge Challenger, Plymouth Barracuda, Chevrolet Camaro, Pontiac Firebird, AMC Javelin, Mercury Cougar and also post-1967 facelifted Ford Mustang). Another example is custom roof-chopped lead sled versions of the third gen (1962-1970) russian GAZ-21. Barely anyone outside of Russia has ever seen one, but show them a picture of one and they'll immediately think it's one of the coolest hot rods on the planet. Same goes for the "Styling Garage" versions of the Mercedes-Benz series 126 two-door, called "SGS 500 SEC", hardly anyone knows about them, maybe a handful of european car guys, but anywhere they pop up, people immediately recognise they're one of the dopest pimpmobiles ever made.

Konan

Staff member
Full time wrecker
I agree that some cars that were suggested don't belong in the game,but that also is my personal preference.
Everyone wants to see the game evolve as they wish,and with that come the cars they choose to get it done.
I don't think it's kids as you say (at least not all of them).
Doesn't really matter though,because the only ones who know how the game will evolve (if there is evolving left) are BB and THQN. And allthough they might get influenced by some of the choices,i don't think they'll stray far from what they intend(ed) to do...

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
I've not taken the vehicle ideas threads seriously for a long time, so I'm responsible for a couple of those abominations. LOL.
It's mostly just for discussion and not for Bugbear's use anyway, IMHO. Maybe it gives them some ideas for a next game, maybe not.

Even if they did add (insert favorite car here), would it not most likely be so similar in power and handling to one of the already existing vehicles that it's only different in appearance? Since the cars are approximations of real life cars anyway, do we need more cars that look different, but drive the same?

My garage overfloweth.:cool:

I'd still like to see my suggested 1970 personal hovercraft modeled, though. None of the existing cars drive like that. There are/were actual hover craft races, too. Across land, water, and snow.

A snowmobile and snow track would be interesting, too so I voted for silly vehicles.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
If Wreckferst 2 and we get standalone snow tracks, then we need see the snowmobile, instead of a mower. ;)

Can do snowmobile on grass tracks too.

Cegon

Even if they did add (insert favorite car here), would it not most likely be so similar in power and handling to one of the already existing vehicles that it's only different in appearance? Since the cars are approximations of real life cars anyway, do we need more cars that look different, but drive the same?
Winning is only half as sweet if I don't like the look of the car I won with.
Also, I've been thinking about racing game balancing and how hard it is. The solution I've come up with is, make a racing game with only nine cars, but the cars are actually just tubeframe chassis (plural) each with their own wheelbase, track width, handling, engines, strengths, weaknesses and characteristics. Two 4-cyl, two inline-6, one V6, three V-8, one V-12. Each tubeframe chassis can have a massive number of different bodies to mount over the chassis but the bodies are only cosmetic so the devs only have to balance the nine tubeframe chassis (plural).