Something crazy...

rhamm

Weeked Smasher
Team Bugbear Member
Hopefully build 9 brings the game into Alpha status where they've got the final feature set locked down. This build lets you buy and sell cars and parts. There's some new tracks but not sure how many since I intentionally only drove the first two tracks so the game will be new to men when it's officially released. I did go drive "Mixed 1" which seems to be the real track they talked about adding. It goes with the game really well.

I noticed it has different settings for how hard the car is to drive. It defaults to easy. I didn't really play with that. I got the game download but now I've got to head back to the office.

Ecclesiaste

Crashed more cars than times I saw finish line
Team Bugbear Member
Download finished, 2 races done.
For what I've felt, handling hasn't changed a lot (at all ?) since update #7. Encountered my very first bug in Wreckfest : a car just decided to land to the moon after hitting the exterior tyre barrier at the last corner of Tarmac #1 :p
That's all I'll say, I leave you guys the surprise(s) ;)

Mad Jasper

Any improvements in damage? That was my biggest complaint. I hated the smeared/stretched appearance that cars often exhibited after a crash.

lobsterfran

Downloaded... and now I can't join any online server due to client version or data being incompatible. Well that sucks. :'(

Edit - and my single player game crashes when I try to start a race.....

Deleted my copy and downloading again...

FreddyDipstick

Full time wrecker
Where the patch notes??

I love the new build and the component system, and i love having to earn your shizzle, but i would really like patch notes for those not-so-obvious changes.

lobsterfran

Lunatic said:
How to fix wrong client version error when trying to join a serveR?
I've deleted the whole thing, reinstall from fresh. I'll let you know if that works in about 20 mins.

Edit : it worked

Conte Zero

Crash hard, then crash harder.
Full time wrecker
can't download or try it until tomorrow
please let us know everything about build 8 you lucky guys

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
You start with the European 1 @F class and you've 1000 credits to spend. You need to buy the cars and parts and even more parts because they get damaged! You can have the same part couple of times just because of that. The bought parts have different conditions and I believe that affects the price so read the condition. Couple new tracks at least, lawnmower derby that's actually pretty cool. Didn't have time to test anymore so that's at least a start about "what's new".

Cono

St. Jimmy said:
You start with the European 1 @F class and you've 1000 credits to spend. You need to buy the cars and parts and even more parts because they get damaged! You can have the same part couple of times just because of that. The bought parts have different conditions and I believe that affects the price so read the condition. Couple new tracks at least, lawnmower derby that's actually pretty cool. Didn't have time to test anymore so that's at least a start about "what's new".
Thank you!