- New DLC: Off-Road Car Pack
- New tournament: Super Truck Showdown
- New free "Rattlesnake Racepark" track
- Numerous fixes and improvements
This time around we're unleashing something very special: super truck racing! It's something that many of you have been hoping to see in Wreckfest, and for a good reason too since combining the destruction oriented gameplay of Wreckfest with powerful trucks shredding the dirt is really a match made in heaven. The main event of the "Super Truck Showdown" has powerful off-road trucks ripping the dirt and battling for the win on a bumpy off-road track winding its way along treacherous mountain slopes of the fresh out of the oven Rattlesnake Racepark venue, with monthly events offering even more opportunities to experience the excitement of super truck racing on both dirt and tarmac. As a cherry on top, in case you happen to be a fan of base game cars, you have all the reason to be excited because the tournament shop has a new off-road racing themed bundle for Hotshot, an old fan-favorite!
And if you can't get enough of off-road racing during the tournament, we have some thrilling news for you: the latest DLC "Off-Road Car Pack" not only contains the eponymous star of the tournament, Trophy Runner, but also two other rocking mean machines that do equally well on tarmac as well. Trooper is a legendary American piece of steel that is built to last and will take you to off-road hell and back without breaking a sweat, Trophy Runner is a reincarnated workhorse from the Asia that some say is indestructible, built into a super truck that will give anything a run for their money on both dirt and tarmac, and Sandstorm is a custom beast that eats dirt like there's no tomorrow, and excels on twisty dirt and tarmac tracks with tight corners!
We're also actively working on improving the gameplay experience based on your feedback, and this release contains a number of additional enhancements and bug fixes. We invite you to check out the release notes below for a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon. As always, thanks for all the feedback and please keep it coming!
- Added support for the new DLC pack "Off-Road Car Pack" containing three new cars: Sandstorm, Trooper and Trophy Hunter.
- Added a new track with forward and reverse layouts: Rattlesnake Racepark.
Server admins note: the internal designations for the routes are fields14_1 (forward layout) and fields14_2 (reverse).
- Introducing new tournament: Super Truck Showdown.
- New tournament shop bundle "Dirtshot" for Hotshot.
- (XB1) The title no longer crashes to the Xbox Home screen when selecting Quick Match after resuming from connected standby in a pre-game lobby.
- (XB1) The title no longer crashes after attempting to enter Custom Event on Hill Street Circuit Race during streaming installation.
- (XB1) The title no longer occasionally crashes to the Xbox Home screen when entering a career event.
- Speedie is now slightly weaker.
- Starbeast SS is now more competitive.
- Stepvan gearbox tuning options now work correctly.
- Hammerhead RS AI Player now handles the car better.
- Little Thrasher AI Player now appears correctly in Class B as well.
- Fixed mismatched rear wheels of Gorbie Class C AI Player vehicle.
- Starbeast SS "Same As Player"now correctly spawns AI Players with Starbeast SS.
- Fixed RoadSlayer GT steel rail side protector LOD glitch.
- Fixed KillerBee S exhaust backfire emitter pivot and door windows parenting.
- Stellar's "Supersonic" wheels are now of correct color.
- The window frames of Hearse no longer float after receiving damage.
- The rear window of Hearse no longer floats after receiving damage.
- The window frames of Stepvan no longer float after receiving damage.
- The skull decoration no longer removes the Raven windshield.
- The axe decoration of Bandit no longer floats.
- Cardinal paint damage is now displayed correctly.
- The rear wind of Hammerhead RS no longer detaches as easily.
- Wildking racing stripe is now correctly centered.
- The Hammerhead RS fender no longer falls off before the fender flare.
- The fuel lid of Sunrise Super and Sweeper now open into correct direction.
- Texture is now displayed correctly on the Hammerhead RS fuel lid.
- Removed permanently painted parts of the Starbeast SS paint.
- Blade (Reckless Car Pack): Adjusted audio mix for more low frequencies and less intake noise.
- Blade (Reckless Car Pack): Adjusted exhaust rev limiter fart noise to occur only when releasing throttle held against redline.
- Race: Added new generic gearbox H-shifter sounds.