The Letdown

OutLoud

duggy said:
it would be good to even see these new features...I cant even get the game to start
It might not be your problem, but it can't hurt to post this info here as well (sorry if it was and i missed it):

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
A hot fix was just submitted, please log out of Steam and back in if you're not receiving it automatically.

Thanks for supporting us and sorry for the mishap!

UltraPutin

Weeked Smasher
My Computer is not a good one but the game is running very well. Could it be that BB has uploaded a new update?
The new track isn't running, but the new car is great and the handling is ok, too...

The new money-system is as good as the new car-parts. Great work! 8)

RatPat

Full time wrecker
This is again the same thing happened as it was the last big update http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,4703.0.html . Do you remember. control did not work when the settings are off. The control will surely be corrected. I do not doubt it. This new version of the game engine. It is essential. But it is still not completely bug-free. And that thing should not come as a surprise to anyone.
A good thing:
+ The game engine seems to work faster. (we should all make a comparison of these values http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,1402.0.html ??with a group.)
+ New unfinished track. (it is good to see how it develops). I like that a white surface.
+ New car
+ The menus are developed further. (they are not yet complete. Additional information that appears to the right so it sometimes does not appear because the menu covers it. Especially if the image settings are small.)
The bad thing:
- The game engine seems a little unstable.
- "A few" bugs. The Cancel button to remove volume settings. Language problem (not I), etc. A couple of days should be tested and to say a more accurate opinion.

God damn it. Again, there's an update before I called my message. :p

HYLK

Full time wrecker
Someone said the new car was based on a coronet, EEEEEH!!! wrong its based on a Oldsmobile 442

Edit:
Tried the game and it seems to be a little bit to fast. Like u driving a gokart with a v12 under the hood, and the difference between the engines arent that good either. but it still in development, i know.
and if u crash into a opponent, ur car get smashed alot, and if u drive full speed into a wall, pretty much nothing happens.
Love the new car

this will give me some ideas on what to come..

Edit 2:
Ok, restart of computer changed alot for me. Engine swaps made a huge difference, so this is what I experienced with engine changes with the new Olds 442 car;
350cui, everything and anyone beats me without breaking any sweat. It was so slow that even a monkey on wheels will beat u.
327cui, This is my favorite, cos its not unbeatable for the AI. They even goes a littlebit faster, however the handling were better here. I could do powerslides, with control. using KB.
327cui (didnt read more but its a bit quicker), now I beat the AI in performance. It still controlable while turning and powersliding. However, not so much fun as the above, since u will go faster than the AI.
427cui, the big block of hell, will make the tires spin alot. Making the dirt-tracks like ice-tracks. uncontrolable as f... fun for speed, but felt unrealisticly with such grip and speed.

2 negative parts i felt so far are:
1. sometimes the AI eats ur car, and sometimes its like u driving a tank. Not a scratch or anything. perhaps just a bug or something.
2. raming cars from the side or try to make them spin off is a no go. hit an opponent in the rear at a 90 degree turn and he didnt even spin out. It was like he drove on locomotive track.. well yeah he powerslide but didnt loose speed or control of the car.

But i like what i see and its superfun driving with engine option 2. And i cant wait to see what kind of tracks and cars there will be in the future. However, seeing the cars before the game is finished, is a bummer cos then u already know what u get and what u want to drive. And also there is no surprices left :(
Good work BB. Keep it up and have a nice vacation, i get mine in 3 weeks and gets 4 weeks of ultimate fun.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Jelco said:
The only thing i don't like is that pit manouvers seem impossible now.
It is a lot of fun driving someone off the road by pit manouver!
I'm finding that too. AI can pit me, but I'm having lots of trouble pitting AI in a race.

HYLK

Full time wrecker
i dont-isch.. really easy to do if they gaining speed, like the start of races, or after they have crashed, all time between, dont even try...

eat5

What Melts
so is this game fixed, i was going to purchase today but reading problems from June 28, 2014, 12:40:55 AM and its now july 31....

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Well, which issues are you referring too. It is possible that they have been fixed, as an update and a hot fix have been released since then.

However it is just as possible, that they still remain and also there are still a lot of issues that need to be worked on in the future.

Please note, that the game is still in Pre-Alpha state. This means it is nowhere near finished, and is till lacking many features sure to come in the future. The last 4 weeks have been a bit slow due to Finnish summer holidays, but I think (hope) we may expect a new build in August. :)

Nontheless, I recommend you to buy into this pre-alpha experience. Its our change to influence the games development. The community here is wonderful and the devs are very active here. Come in and find out ;-)

Ryno917

Full time wrecker
eat5 said:
so is this game fixed, i was going to purchase today but reading problems from June 28, 2014, 12:40:55 AM and its now july 31....
The majority of the company has been on vacation for the month, so there's been little progress. Rest assured, though, that August should be a busy month of updates. Stay tuned and hopefully we'll see more magic in August to bring the feeling back to how it was prior to update 5 (or better, even!)

srl-Stage1

Weeked Smasher
HYLK said:
Someone said the new car was based on a coronet, EEEEEH!!! wrong its based on a Oldsmobile 442

Actually, it's a 70-72 Buick GSX with Olds front and rear bumpers.

alice4

I had a chance to test this game, the pre-order version. My friend had it and he let me test it.
Game is totally bullshit. I am sorry that i say this so honestly, but i found nothing good in game.
Physics are shit and handling car is shit.

Sorry to say this, but i was waiting this game and got very diasappointed. Maybe you made this game to people that play games with their phone or are used to arcade games that skills are not needed.
Why didnt you just make this game based on FO2 physics, better graphics and new tracks?

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
Stage1 said:
HYLK said:

Actually, it's a 70-72 Buick GSX with Olds front and rear bumpers.

Isn't that what the Bullet / Bullet GT are based off of because for some reason when I saw it I thought 'huh, it's a bullet GT'.

Alternatively I might be confusing it with the Sabre Turbo from GTA5. lol. but it's a fine-looking car.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
alice4 said:
I had a chance to test this game, the pre-order version. My friend had it and he let me test it.
Game is totally bullshit. I am sorry that i say this so honestly, but i found nothing good in game.

Sorry to say this, but i was waiting this game and got very diasappointed. Maybe you made this game to people that play games with their phone or are used to arcade games that skills are not needed.
Why didnt you just make this game based on FO2 physics, better graphics and new tracks?
Handling and physics are subject to change,theyve already made noticeable changes 3/4 times in 5 builds? Either way they they changing it for better or worse almost every build.Fix one thing,break another seems to be the main issue.Make it easier for keyboards,make it too easy/boring for other inputs etc etc. First build late last year had the best handling imo,since then its gotten much worse than it is now and then gradually improved.You should point out exactly what you think is shit with the handling and physics,its more likely to get fixed that way if its a common issue/complaint.

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
alice4 said:

The build 4 was very different from this one. NCG just got engine overhaul, so there's some issues with it. Also, Bugbear's on vacation, so it's gonna take a while.
Try the upcoming next update and come tell then, if it's as shit :)

alice4

sam223 said:
alice4 said:

Handling and physics are subject to change,theyve already made noticeable changes 3/4 times in 5 builds? Either way they they changing it for better or worse almost every build.Fix one thing,break another seems to be the main issue.Make it easier for keyboards,make it too easy/boring for other inputs etc etc. First build late last year had the best handling imo,since then its gotten much worse than it is now and then gradually improved.You should point out exactly what you think is shit with the handling and physics,its more likely to get fixed that way if its a common issue/complaint.
I dont decide what kind of game bugbear makes. I guess they test every release and they know what kind of game most players want. Majority of players obviously want something that i dont like and it is up to Bugbear what will they do.