The Letdown

Fontan75

"No! Let me drive!"
Full time wrecker
OK - Just spent a good amount of time on the update and here are my first thoughts. I like the new track even though it is not complete. I think the white makes it feel like it is in a snowy region instead of a sand pit. An Icy snow track could be an idea for a future track scenario.

If you choose the new track, and select route 2 for the option. I think you start somewhere in the sky and it becomes a Free Fall race.

I tried the new car and the sedan on the gravel track. It has very little control over the vehicle. Very hard to handle. I found that in some cases it would turn massively one direction with little effort and very difficult to turn the other direction. It was almost like driving on Ice.

It is nice to have the update, but in some cases it has more things that need to be fixed - I am sure we will let you know what needs to be fixed.

Also, I am sad that I do not have more than one steam account or computer to play on a local LAN. Hope there is a Internet based multiplayer soon.

Speedevil

Change your OS language format to English - UK. It worked for me.

The update killed performance though. Races with too much cars are unplayable now. :-\

Jason360x

Hello!
Weeked Smasher
Speedevil said:
The update killed performance though. Races with too much cars are unplayable now. :-\
The game runs way smother for me now. It stays at 60FPS with 23 cars now, before the update, it was at ~40FPS

ThomasMink

As a keyboard player, I have no idea what it is.. but the cars feel frustratingly difficult to handle now. It was perfectly fine before, but now.. ho my god. It's like the handling is a bit sluggish, yet at the same time a bit sensitive. Sounds weird, I know.. and I'm not even sure if that's the best way to describe it. But.. yyyyea..

Jason360x said:
Speedevil said:
The game runs way smother for me now. It stays at 60FPS with 23 cars now, before the update, it was at ~40FPS
I'll have to agree with Speedevil here about performance.

Sonblade

Weeked Smasher
Performance is a bit worse for me as well.

System:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
GPU: AMD HD 6850
RAM: 4GB

Other than that, I'm liking the update quite a bit. The damage update is usually good, though small hits and getting grinded into a wall do damage that is magnitudes higher than big hits (I've even had big hits that only got me from a dull yellow damage in an area to slightly less dull yellow, while knocking doors with another car takes me from white to a light yellow-orange). It's also nice that doors are now non-static, and tires come off much more consistently. The new track is pretty neat, though that hairpin needs a marker or something to tell you to go left instead of right. I haven't used the new car much, but the times I have used it, the deformation on it seemed a bit off (and the driver could be knocked into the back seats).

spadraig

So I was lying in bed this morning, thinking, I think that the update for Next Car Game will come today. And what do you know! Its here! Great job Bugbear! :)

Iwasawa

Weeked Smasher
Speedevil said:
Change your OS language format to English - UK. It worked for me.

Killed? It MUREDERED it. I have GTX660 with an i5 and i have <10 fps with 23 cars and 15-30 fps alone...

Adenru

Full time wrecker
I have to disable particles to play like on build 3 because otherwise perfomance is no go.

J

Jelco

The only things im not happy with is that it's harder to drive a car than before.
Sometimes it feels like driving on ice and i cant keep the car straight but on the other hand i cant pit manouver anyone anymore because they have more grip now.
It doesnt make sense to me.
Also sometimes when a car touches me it looks like he's eating my car lol

everyman

PSA, the new build has VSYNC enabled by default in a launcher. This affects performance in a negative way. Update did make performance A LITTLE worse but I can't imagine it being that bad with rigs mentioned in this thread. I have 5 year old pc and it's ok.
Also for the handling make sure to check out the force/vibration tab and adjust sensitivity, dead zone, saturation.

Iwasawa

Weeked Smasher
everyman said:
PSA, the new build has VSYNC enabled by default in a launcher. This affects performance in a negative way. Update did make performance A LITTLE worse but I can't imagine it being that bad with rigs mentioned in this thread. I have 5 year old pc and it's ok.
Also for the handling make sure to check out the force/vibration tab and adjust sensitivity, dead zone, saturation.
Good 4u. I have disabled vsync, disabled particles, and still 10 fps on the dirt track. Basically it is from 60 to 10 very strange. Also if i switch off shadows the lagg goes away.

Tommyx3

Without the vSync i got 40-70 fps in game..
Anyway, i saw a little downgrade of the physics crash system (especially in the impact of cars)... maybe for better performance?

stoogah

Full time wrecker
Performace is playable but not good (very smooth at the begining of the race but it drops to 20-25 fps after 1-2 laps - i5 and gtx660). Maybe it's time to update my gfx drivers.

I like the damage. Somtimes it feels too much (almost as the crazy damage in the engine tech demo arena) but most of the time is great (better than before).

What I do not like (hate) is car-to-car... interaction. It's almost impossible to drove ai cars off the road. I know it should not be that easy as before but now it's just not... fun. One good thing - the ai cars can push me harder (before it was like my car had twice the mass of the ai cars)

Handlig of the new car is very easy (didn't play old cars yet).

Need to play more. This is just first impression after few races.

Crasher

Weeked Smasher
Is it only me on the new track i have no textures on route 1 and at route 2 all cars flies in the air.

IssaP

I like the additional features with the money etc. but the handling feels horrible for me now... When Im steering left for example, the car still steers left for some moments althougt i dont steer anymore... Maybe Its hard for me because I am used to the old handling but its relly hard now although Im driving with all assists on (Im using the XBOX 360 controller if thats important) :-\

Nerkoon

Full time wrecker
Um, stupid question... I cannot find a way to change car after new update. Did I get hit by some bug hiding critical button or what?

EDIT: It is bug. 1920x1080 works, 2560x1440 does not.

Keras

Full time wrecker
I have to say route 2 on the new track is the most awesome thing I have seen in NCG yet xD

Schneeball

Weeked Smasher
Sadly Lan mode is not working :( even with a real Lan connection (No Tunngle etc)
Pinging each other works with no Problem and Firewall and other security stuff is deactivated.