The Letdown

J

Jelco

Besides the damage everything else seems to be worse and less fun than before.
Why does this happen with so many games!
Everybody keep complaining! ;p then they will fix it :)
Let us be able to PIT MANOUVER cars off the road like before the update.
I was getting fckn good at it and now it's shite
and fix the handling because all those little helper options do nothing at the moment.
I am sad.

Pekonilkki

Team Bugbear Member
What I like after playing 10 minutes:
+game runs a lot better now (I seem to be one of the lucky ones)
++Route 2 on the new track

Stuff I didn't love
--you changed the handling(?)

Overall: Pretty good update even though I'm not completely satisfied.

Route 2 is love. Route 2 is life.

J

Jelco

I seriously wonder if they played it before putting the update out lol
It is unplayable for me and im not just a bad driver! I'm rock at racing games!
I don't want to be an ass but is it possible to revert to the one before this?

kezen

Go Fast.. but gently!
Now how is turning ... is something horrible was as good as it was before and decided to switch to this?

Babz

My 2 cents :

The good :
- With medium settings and V-sync enabled, the game is smooth as butter, the steadiest 30fps I've seen in a while.
- The new muscle car is pretty cool.
- The new track is interesting.

The bad :
- Any graphics setting over what I'm running makes the game properly un-playable, ram-spikes, lag in the controls due to those spikes, fps are anything between 5 and 30 fps.
- The handling is reaaaaally borked : The brakes seem to lock up by just looking at them, the steering seems "random", sometimes way too slow, sometimes way too direct, under-steer and over-steer are not progressive at all, ... etc etc ...
- The AI seem to love "zig-zaging" on straights, likes to get stuck on obstacles and will not try to get out. One time on Gravel Route 1, 6 cars were stuck in a small ditch on the inside of the second corner and stayed there for the whole race, stuck on full throttle back wheels spinning without traction as their car was high-centered.

Adenru

Full time wrecker
Great work, Bugbear! Now nobody will confuse NCG pre-alpha with demo version, it's clearly pre-alpha now, as hoirrible as pre-alpha should be.

J

Jelco

Adenru said:
Great work, Bugbear! Now nobody will confuse NCG pre-alpha with demo version, it's clearly pre-alpha now, as hoirrible as pre-alpha should be.
Yes but all was good and fun before this last update.

ThomasMink

Babz said:
The handling is reaaaaally borked : The brakes seem to lock up by just looking at them, the steering seems "random", sometimes way too slow, sometimes way too direct, under-steer and over-steer are not progressive at all, ... etc etc ...
Yes! Glad I'm not the only one experiencing the randomness of the steering. :D

Turning all of the assists on helped slightly (emphasis on 'slightly').. better than nothing, I suppose, but I was driving fine without them before.

Desotho

Full time wrecker
Calm down, this game is still work in progress.
If they delay an update - people complain.
If they release it - people complain.
:eek:

Iwasawa

Weeked Smasher
Desotho said:
Calm down, this game is still work in progress.
If they delay an update - people complain.
If they release it - people complain.
:eek:
We are here for the feedback.

Terpo

Weeked Smasher
Updated, Error, Relog, Updated, Started ... FUN :D.

The new track has a very nice layout and the 2nd muscle car is also nice to have. I did not try the multiplayer but maybe there is a chance this weekend. I lost about 30% performance but the game is still playable for me with about 30fps.

Now its time to wait for the next update :)

Yoda74

OBJECTION YOUR HONOR
Master Blaster
Well,

I got better performance after the upgrade with max settings and VSync enable, so i think i'm lucky.

Iwasawa

Weeked Smasher
Terpo said:

The new track has a very nice layout and the 2nd muscle car is also nice to have. I did not try the multiplayer but maybe there is a chance this weekend. I lost about 30% performance but the game is still playable for me with about 30fps.

Lets hope for a lan hotfix because it does not work at the moment. Maybe a simple IP connect could do the job..

CLeN

Weeked Smasher
Now the new Engine is out, I guess we will get frequent Updates like month ago, and is more easier/quicker to change the data for now !

duggy

Terpo said:

it would be good to even see these new features...I cant even get the game to start

J

Jelco

Haha it will be good to have a update that makes the driving how it was on the previous update