The new trucks stink

Seeing "Driven to Destruction" as the major influence for Wreckfest, I think everyone favours the Muscle-cars. The new DLC with 3(!) Offroaders
is a big disappointment.

There are better cars that fits the game:

A Citroen 2CV, Citroen DS and Lotus Cortina (from Rally Trophy of BugBear-would be easy to add) would be good choices.

Of course the Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE-86 is a car that has to be in the game too. And some other Muscle-cars (Lowriders) would have been a good choice.

Now with 3 Offroaders that does not fit in the game (maybe the Jeep is OK) Wreckfest is changing in the "Motorstrom"-direction. The handling of the Offroaders is almost the same as the Bugzilla before improving - as we know now this was not good at all.
The Rally-front-lights for the Bel Air (Hotshot) is also the "Motorstorm"-direction. That should not happen in Wreckfest.

Lets hope that some of the "lesser-developed" cars like Gremlin, Firefly get some good over-all-improvment (no Hot Wheels-look!) through the Tournament shop by time.

Ramalerama

Seeing "Driven to Destruction" as the major influence for Wreckfest, I think everyone favours the Muscle-cars. The new DLC with 3(!) Offroaders
is a big disappointment.

There are better cars that fits the game:

A Citroen 2CV, Citroen DS and Lotus Cortina (from Rally Trophy of BugBear-would be easy to add) would be good choices.

Of course the Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE-86 is a car that has to be in the game too. And some other Muscle-cars (Lowriders) would have been a good choice.

Now with 3 Offroaders that does not fit in the game (maybe the Jeep is OK) Wreckfest is changing in the "Motorstrom"-direction. The handling of the Offroaders is almost the same as the Bugzilla before improving - as we know now this was not good at all.
The Rally-front-lights for the Bel Air (Hotshot) is also the "Motorstorm"-direction. That should not happen in Wreckfest.

Lets hope that some of the "lesser-developed" cars like Gremlin, Firefly get some good over-all-improvment (no Hot Wheels-look!) through the Tournament shop by time.
The big Trophy Truck have litterally His place in the game, he can go outside of the Track without penality and Wreck any car on His comeback track

Cegon

Seeing "Driven to Destruction" as the major influence for Wreckfest, I think everyone favours the Muscle-cars.
This.
The menu screen is literally a pile of wrecks, like you would find in a scene from an 80's action movie that takes place in a scrapyard. When the game was launched, it capitalized on this exact aesthetic, classic cars that are too far gone for road use, turned into weekend banger racercars. Nobody who has any sense of aesthetics is one day going to look at an R33 Skyline or Ford Crown Victoria and say that it's a classic, they're popular for being in movies but they're not classics. Ask any reputable automotive journalist about until when cars were made that are considered classic and they're going to tell you it was up until the 80's.

The only car that suits the original theme is the Trooper. The Sandstorm is ugly AF and out of place, looks like an early 2000s Volkswagen Tarek carbon fiber prototype. The Trophy Runner is massive wasted potential, should have been based on a 70s Dodge D-Series / Ramcharger or Chevrolet "Squarebody" CK / K5 Blazer. On the Dirtshot Bundle for the Hotshot, I disagree. I think skidplates and rally lights are fine as long as we don't get super polished chrome bullbars with LEDs.

Now for competitiveness, I think it's good that, as of now, AWD vehicles may be easier to drive on some tracks but not the fastest. But who knows what happens when dozens of Fast & Furious fanboys with zero understanding of motorsports and game balance whine about how bad they want an AWD Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205. With enough 90s and 2000s cars in the game, the whole playerbase is going to split into those who want to play Wreckfest, and the other group being those who want to play Forza Horizon but with collision physics.

Edit:
I know, I'm being negative again. There's been a lot of good things in this recent update, just pointing out the stuff that may hurt the game in the long run. I just don't want anything bad happen to the only racing game in the world that has a good balance between realism and fun, and also lots of dirt racing.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Stadium Super Truck has been requested many times over the years in the forums. I'm liking the off-road truck pack. :)

Cegon

The handling is crap for an awd vehicle
On this specific point I have to disagree.
Trooper has very short wheelbase for its high center of mass so naturally, handling is going to be bad. Also, compared to a hypothetical RWD-only Trooper, it has additional mass towards the front (transfer case, front drive shaft / prop shaft, front differential) which makes weight distribution even worse.
Sandstorm has a longitudinally mounted V8 sticking out far behind the rear axle. Any large mass located outside the wheelbase is bad for handling. The tyre setup is the same as on a sandrail and those are (I think) meant for having good straight line acceleration on loose surfaces and not much else. Paddle tyres are always bad for transversal grip.
Trophy Runner has the typical pickup truck weight distribution. Pickup truck handling is acceptable with cargo in the bed but Trophy Runner has no cargo. On a real life race truck, everything that can be relocated (radiator, oil cooler, fluid reservoirs, battery, spare tyre...) is relocated to the back to help with this.

This.
The menu screen is literally a pile of wrecks, like you would find in a scene from an 80's action movie that takes place in a scrapyard. When the game was launched, it capitalized on this exact aesthetic, classic cars that are too far gone for road use, turned into weekend banger racercars. Nobody who has any sense of aesthetics is one day going to look at an R33 Skyline or Ford Crown Victoria and say that it's a classic, they're popular for being in movies but they're not classics. Ask any reputable automotive journalist about until when cars were made that are considered classic and they're going to tell you it was up until the 80's.

The only car that suits the original theme is the Trooper. The Sandstorm is ugly AF and out of place, looks like an early 2000s Volkswagen Tarek carbon fiber prototype. The Trophy Runner is massive wasted potential, should have been based on a 70s Dodge D-Series / Ramcharger or Chevrolet "Squarebody" CK / K5 Blazer. On the Dirtshot Bundle for the Hotshot, I disagree. I think skidplates and rally lights are fine as long as we don't get super polished chrome bullbars with LEDs.

Now for competitiveness, I think it's good that, as of now, AWD vehicles may be easier to drive on some tracks but not the fastest. But who knows what happens when dozens of Fast & Furious fanboys with zero understanding of motorsports and game balance whine about how bad they want an AWD Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205. With enough 90s and 2000s cars in the game, the whole playerbase is going to split into those who want to play Wreckfest, and the other group being those who want to play Forza Horizon but with collision physics.

Edit:
I know, I'm being negative again. There's been a lot of good things in this recent update, just pointing out the stuff that may hurt the game in the long run. I just don't want anything bad happen to the only racing game in the world that has a good balance between realism and fun, and also lots of dirt racing.
A good point of view. But I'm sure you know how I meant it.

HUSKYCHOP-3

I'm not the only one who feels this way. I race everyday with the same 12 guys not one of them like the way the new trucks handle. Nobody cares what kind of vehicle it is they just want to pick a car or truck that they will not get blown away in.Its also fustrating to wait 3months and get vehicles you will never pick again the newness wears off.The Rocket rx and starbeast ss once was a bad car to pick but they fixed them and now are awesome.Maybe they could do the same and fix the trucks.They could also make it 6 laps for all tracks in racing class A US.Wreckfest is a great game don't want to see it go bad.

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I like the Trucks but they Bounce too much on the Jumps for me. It makes it hard to tell where you will land.
:) Must be my setting I guess

Last edited:

SPUDLINK

I don’t find them fun at all to drive. Why the hell do these new vehicles bounce worse Than some of the road cars on DIRT. They should be soaking up those jumps. Also, I experienced a glitch in the trophy runner that launches me straight up into the air like a Space X rocket. And I’ve seen it happen to @HUSKYCHOP-3 and my buds that I race with almost every day. They should be fixed imo. Playing this game is really fun, and I’ve made more friends playing this game than any other game. Almost 4000 hours played.

Konan

Staff member
Full time wrecker
I'm not the only one who feels this way. I race everyday with the same 12 guys not one of them like the way the new trucks handle. Nobody cares what kind of vehicle it is they just want to pick a car or truck that they will not get blown away in.Its also fustrating to wait 3months and get vehicles you will never pick again the newness wears off.The Rocket rx and starbeast ss once was a bad car to pick but they fixed them and now are awesome.Maybe they could do the same and fix the trucks.They could also make it 6 laps for all tracks in racing class A US.Wreckfest is a great game don't want to see it go bad.
That's OK, not any car that was added pleased everyone, that would be an impossible task to perform.
My point is, using words like "crap" multiple times is not the way to give constructive criticism on the devs own forum...

Ramalerama

I like the Trucks but they Bounce too much on the Jumps for me. It makes it hard to tell where you will land.
:) Must be my setting I guess
Put suspension hardest possible its perfect for every race and on dirt devil stadium race you can Do the Biggest jump without flip lol

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I read in the WF discord main chat, don't use suspension #4 setting, it buggy for the Trophy Runner.

HUSKYCHOP-3

That's OK, not any car that was added pleased everyone, that would be an impossible task to perform.
My point is, using words like "crap" multiple times is not the way to give constructive criticism on the devs own forum...
Truth hurts