The Very TrackPack released!

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Floating green beams? That seems like a bug haha! Do you have a screenshot of the location?
Thanks btw!

FalconXY

I meant the signs / flags along the track from time to time.
When you took the big jump after the steep dune at 2:15.

The flags look like they are floating because the flag pole is so thin.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Ah you mean those pennant/flags/banners? They are just to help the lost ones to find the direction, as someone suggested it was hard finding the way hehe!

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Version 5.5.1 released:

* Hotfix to Dakar; AI cars should now be able to access the green jungle area instead of piling up in the hill. Grass reduced and re-distributed, hopefully solves the out of vertex error

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Version 5.6 released:

* Two new layouts added to the Dakar environment; s02 Drag and s03 Drag Chicane

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
That's maybe / possible in the future I think :) until then, we got some ovals that might suit the need, unless you mean head-on ovals?

Bonecracker

Would be nice something more arcade like BB island, but when you fall on the sides you die or hit something that destroy you

Carnage rage trying to throw your enemies to death "last man standing but on race"

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Version 5.7 released:

* Birkeland added! A roadcourse which resembles my local areas here in Norway, with a challenging high-speed layout.

--------------------

Due to really hard time - constraints, the cameras need to be reworked, but I'll get to it tomorrow morning. Tried my best to get a playable version out before the weekend :)

Preview video (a few tweaks since this was taken tho):

Pictures:

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Thank you! The game engine got so much potential, meaning abusing it every now and then is mandatory ;)
While at it; how to get AIs to brake before corners? Only way now is to force them to do snake moves, by having sectors go left/right fast will force the AI to brake, but looks a bit funny hehe.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
So, you found one more shortcoming in our current tech.

There's no way really, your best bet is to set racing line so that the AI is forced to slow down in time before the corner. Remember that the AI uses a magical "eagle eye" to see ahead, and that's something that you can abuse. For example, if you make the racing line very tight (i.e. more than necessary) the AI will brake more and earlier. In most cases, the "best" racing line doesn't work the best for AI.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Ah smart! Did not think about narrowing the sector itself, I'll do tests tomorrow thank you :)
The AI performs overall good I think (in game), it just ... well, it does not understand the concept of braking from 230 km/h into a 90 degree turn. In the initial tests the cars flied off the track in T1 in about 120 km/h haha

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly, that happens when you make the racing line too optimal :) Not sure though if any sort of tricks will actually work for you seeing as the speeds are just something else.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Haha! And here I was so proud of myself for once doing a somewhat acceptable job at the sectors ;p But narrowing the AI race line should probably work, as that will give them so little room to move, thus forcing strong braking.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
Also try making the radius of the turn (adjusting the racing line) as small as possible so that the AI will detect is as slow as possible.

If even that doesn't work you would probably need to adjust the AI profiles.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Clever! Yeah, or use the fish - brake as now. Try em out at A class and laugh as they try to wiggle themself through the corners :p

Speedevil

Amazing work Tor! I haven't played with the new track much, but I've noticed the guardrails have no collisions. Is that an oversight, or did you decide to have no collisions on them for some reason? It might just be me.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Oh? They should have, but might be a bug. You know if it is for everyone or just some of them? I'll try to fix it soon.