The Very TrackPack released!

orbotnive

The Very End said:
Should the area be flat making it so that you can actually end out of a cliff edge when misjudging the corners, or if I should make it a hilly theme meaning the terrain follows the road on outside as well.

Any ideas?
That was kind of what I had in mind in my attempt at suggestion last night actually, places with tough corners with enough cliff like elevation to get knocked off the track. But it wouldn't mark the end of the race, there'd be dirt track underneath you could continue on and rejoin the faster route at a later point. Likely near the middle of the track

A couple of those at either end of a track plus a couple of fairly easily landable jumps, with a good bit of breakable scenery sounds like fun :)

If you wanted to perhaps you could just set up for and race the lower dirt track around the outskirts and only need to rejoin the tarmac on middle line and start/finish. It'd be a longer lap but comparitively safer than the fast elevated tar, who knows maybe faster depending on the outcomes above :)

Edit: I wish I could create like you do trust me, but I'm afraid it's beyond my cognition now. Might be able to just make a simple sketchup layout or two, but actual tracks and cars :/ no way. Thanks for the work anyway :D

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Hmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmm *thinking*..
Maybe I should just make a rather big safe road around the mountain, which by default should be slower than taking the mountain pass. Only usage of this would be to prevent falling down and ruin the race in a no-reset race. It also would be rather dull I think, but then again, it's safe so I guess it servers it's purpose.

I'll see to it, and see what I can come up with. Thanks for input :]

Edit: Something like this?

The elevation on the part in the middle is hard to see, but it is intense.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I like the idea you and T are talking about, a faster, tougher elevated route and a slower route if fall off the mountain! :D

But in thinking about how you would do the the AI route in the pic you showed End, how would you stop players from cheating the lower, slower track. Be tough to do with checkpoints I think, since the checkpoints would have to stretch across both the higher and lower tracks.

So guess you would have use terrain and track objects, lots rocks and trees close together to stop players from cheating some parts of the lower track.

Also looking at pic, look like there only one place where lower elevation track meets up with the higher elevation track. Would that be to frustrating for us that race online and get unlucky and get knock off the higher elevation track? Maybe need a second chance like at the top the pic where the tracks come close together. Maybe put a jump ramp you can use if go fast enough to jump back onto the higher elevation track?

What if the top part of the lower elevation track was a hill? So already got some angle to make the jump, just need a ramp to help it out? Either way you getting some air off the lower elevation track.

Also I like the idea of seeing cars come rolling down the side of the mountain when racing the lower elevation track. :D Looking at right-hand side of track, not sure if that will happen as much from where the lower elevation track goes unless that pretty high mountain and there a big difference in elevation between the higher track and the lower track? If that right-hand side is down in "the valley", that give ya a good change in elevation.

Hmmm, maybe have a dry creek bed to discourage some track cheating on the right-hand side? And if roll your car into the creek bed, can use it to drive down to the lower elevation but might have a turn or two in the creek.

I think you are on to a track that could be great, End!! :D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
MarcellusW said:
Needed a break from my project again, so yesterday I've started my attempt in re-creating the speedbowl, kinda like 2nd project with FredReset.
Now with this perfect picture provided by Purple, I know how to do it.

Would love to see your version of the Speedbowl come to daylight. ( if you decide to go for it. )

The Konsmo track is looking great, well done. :)

Cheers
Good to see you are interested in making the Speedbowl track Marcellus. :D

Also was nice seeing you online yesterday. :) Been many years since we last got to race online together back in the Flatout 1 and 2 days. To bad the Stadium derby bug took down the server when it switch to a race. :( Hope Bugbear get this fix in the next Build!

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
To prevent cheating I can do two things:
1: Make the cars slow down if they drive on the grass or
2: Use alternative route checkpoints.
The AI cars will be set to chose either of routes random :)

Right now I think the hight is about 50ish meters at highest point, but might increase it to 75. So from low to high the elevation is big.

As for second joining I am a bit thorn. Either you will have to go the safe way, or you will have to deal with mountain. The last one is clearly faster, but screw up and your in a world of trouble :D

RickyBobby

Thanks for fixing crash_alley! Much better without pink stuff. Always loved that track in FO2. AI can't handle it very well though, I always win :p

Only one more thing - the explosive bottles in the middle of the turns very rarely explode - it happened once and that was awesome! Should happen more often :D

Something OT (because I haven't bought Stuntfest yet) - Do you know if it is possible to load a Wreckfest track (.scne file) into the stuntfest editor, edit it (place some objects there) and when you're done, use it for Wreckfest? Do they use the same file format? .scne files? Could I place Wreckfest objects in there as well? Like fences, barriers, barrels, trees etc..? Just curious, because that would be a nice track editor for wreckfest then :) (for people who don't use 3DS) - even it you would have to copy AI_paths, checkpoints and startpositions back into that file via bagedit. would be no problem.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Np :D And I guess that is mod conflict sadly. If I run it alone it works fine, with other mods - a bit random.

As for objects, yup, that works. Not ideally, but works. First you will have to copy ALL objects from WF to SF, and then import the track scne. You will also need to asign the object files to each scne file. I think Mazay told me that you can just copy one of the other object files and name it the same as the scne object file, and it will work (even tho icon is wrong). If this is legal or not, I don't know.

And for your other guys, I have a sad news. I just cannot seem to make a good track with two roads, one on mountain and one beside. Therfor, I will focus on making a mountain course instead this time, and practise my skills. I am so sorry, but it just turned out crap, and instead I will focus on making the mountain course instead. Maybe in future when I am more skilled I will be able to do it better.
Stay tuned for new screenshots later tho :)

RickyBobby

The Very End said:
...I guess that is mod conflict sadly. If I run it alone it works fine, with other mods - a bit random.
The explosions?

Thanks for the infos on the editor. I guess I'll have to try that someday. Not sure if I understand this -> "... you can just copy one of the other object files and name it the same as the scne object file, and it will work (even tho icon is wrong)." other objects=SF objects? scne object file=WF object? Icon doesn't matter, more important would be, that the WF object is visible in the SF editor. Thanks in advance. I'll shut up now. I think I heard someone say "Just buy the damn game already and try it yourself"... or was that just in my head(?) :p

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Haha! Well, in Stuntfest there are new object files, of a different type (you'll see them in game files). These files contains name and some other information regarding the object within the editor. So, what you need is the scne file you want and this new kind of object file with same name as the object. If trying to import a whole track scne you need to make sure you have every object (scne file and object file) that specifiq track uses (I THINK).

I have just done it the other way, importing SF stuff into WF, which is pretty straight forward (alltho not allowed I think), so for more details I would suggest asking Mazay since he is the guy that has done a lot of testing on this :)

Oh, and no worries by the way, just happy to help!

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
The Very End said:
Np :D And I guess that is mod conflict sadly. If I run it alone it works fine, with other mods - a bit random.

As for objects, yup, that works. Not ideally, but works. First you will have to copy ALL objects from WF to SF, and then import the track scne. You will also need to asign the object files to each scne file. I think Mazay told me that you can just copy one of the other object files and name it the same as the scne object file, and it will work (even tho icon is wrong). If this is legal or not, I don't know.

And for your other guys, I have a sad news. I just cannot seem to make a good track with two roads, one on mountain and one beside. Therfor, I will focus on making a mountain course instead this time, and practise my skills. I am so sorry, but it just turned out crap, and instead I will focus on making the mountain course instead. Maybe in future when I am more skilled I will be able to do it better.
Stay tuned for new screenshots later tho :)
Sad to hear the 2 track idea not working out. Was a good idea.

I will have try the loading of Wreckfest track file into Stuntfest. This work, I got a 3d object track editor like I had for Flatout 2. :) Will save me a lot time I can use on doing them darn AI routes!

Mazay

RickyBøbby said:
Do you know if it is possible to load a Wreckfest track (.scne file) into the stuntfest editor, edit it (place some objects there) and when you're done, use it for Wreckfest? Do they use the same file format? .scne files? Could I place Wreckfest objects in there as well? Like fences, barriers, barrels, trees etc..? Just curious, because that would be a nice track editor for wreckfest then :) (for people who don't use 3DS) - even it you would have to copy AI_paths, checkpoints and startpositions back into that file via bagedit. would be no problem.
They are not meant to be compatible, but I could hax wreckfest map to partially load in stuntfest, move and duplicate objects and load it back in wreckfest. Parts of map that are not subscenes like ground disappeared though.

Both wreckfest and stuntfest use same .scne objects.
One big difference in stuntfest in folder structure. To add objects in menu, they must be in special folder with descriptor file. And if you add these to map you move to wreckfest there could be problems. So adding new objects is harder to do, but cloning existing ones works.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Version 0.8 released:

* Bugbear Island added. An hilly, dangerous course set out in the ocean. Thanks to Stuard Cowi for the ship models!

Video:
Picture:

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
The Very End said:
Version 0.8 released:

* Bugbear Island added. An hilly, dangerous course set out in the ocean. Thanks to Stuard Cowi for the ship models!

Video:
Picture:
Oh goody! going to test it out now... looks really cool I must say! and very interested in how well elimination works out with these tall regions haha! Thanks for being the best track maker! 8)

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Sorry forgot to report back. So I played your new Island track last night for a couple hours, and I am impressed with it. did a really cool job with it. and some of my skies look really nice while racing on your track!

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Thanks mate :) I am a bit sad that I failed on the original idea for the track beeing a split course, aswell that I could not get wave animations to work (seems WF does not support animation on vertexes) but at least the end result seems to be enjoyable.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Version 0.9 released:

* Richwood Oval added - a small banger oval guranteed to cause some mayhem! Fully supportive cams.

Picture:

Video:

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
* Emmen Raceway added.

Emmen Raceway is based on the real life track with same name. Track features two variants, one with vegetation (shown in video) and one barren looking track which resembles the real track better (the real track is really barren, too barren for my taste to be honest).

Picture:

Video:

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
The Very End said:
* Emmen Raceway added.

Emmen Raceway is based on the real life track with same name. Track features two variants, one with vegetation (shown in video) and one barren looking track which resembles the real track better (the real track is really barren, too barren for my taste to be honest).

Picture:

Video:
Looks nicely detailed The Very End! I will need to try this out today :D love your tracks!

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Version 1.1 released:

* Michigan Speedway added. This huge oval is made for speeds, so make sure to have a fast car! Recommend using single class racing with AI as that produces the best results.
The AI will get stuck from time to time due to an AI bug on this track - reason unknown (hopefully we'll get a fix for this in the future).

Video:

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
The Very End said:
Version 1.1 released:

* Michigan Speedway added. This huge oval is made for speeds, so make sure to have a fast car! Recommend using single class racing with AI as that produces the best results.
The AI will get stuck from time to time due to an AI bug on this track - reason unknown (hopefully we'll get a fix for this in the future).

Video:
Hey super! I was wondering why you were staying up so late haha! :p I will need to go play on this track, after I test my skyline sky I just created. I will post my update pics later on today! :D