[TOOL] Breckfest v1.5.0 - BMaps made tasty

Mazay

Re: [TOOL] Breckfest v1.2.0 - BMaps made tasty

Good work!

For menu textures red and blue channel are crossed.
Editing blend_proto_t.bmap does crash the game. Probably applies to every *t.bmap which seem to be files containing grass placement.

Also as general warning, extracting menu/textures to same folder crashes game. Wreckfest have weird habit of occasionally ignoring file extensions.

Experimenting with textures from background cars

Errol

Weeked Smasher

Mazay said:
Good work!

For menu textures red and blue channel are crossed.
Editing blend_proto_t.bmap does crash the game. Probably applies to every *t.bmap which seem to be files containing grass placement.

Also as general warning, extracting menu/textures to same folder crashes game. Wreckfest have weird habit of occasionally ignoring file extensions.
Cheers Mazay, I'll add some commandline options for creating the different types of BMAP. At the moment everything is just created as DXT5 compressed DDS files.
Can you give an example of a menu texture with red and blue crossed? The few I've converted to PNG look ok.

Mazay

Errol said:
Can you give an example of a menu texture with red and blue crossed? The few I've converted to PNG look ok.
For example: event_race4_small_250x116_raw.png

Same happens with every file for me.

Errol

Weeked Smasher

Mazay said:
Errol said:
For example: event_race4_small_250x116_raw.png

Same happens with every file for me.
Haha, obvious when you point it out. I really didn't notice the sky was the wrong colour.
Yeah :-[

I'll get these things fixed in v1.3.0!

Matrix404

Errol,

I'm going to attempt to add psd support so that way when making skins you can just drag a layered psd and it will do the heavy lifting. This will also speed up doing tweaks to skins.
But at the rate your going you will be in to 2 or 3.0 before im done. lol

Thanks for all your hard work!

Axarator

I test games, I make games, I mod games and play
Weeked Smasher

Gee thanks! I have to try this. You are officially the Mod God.

Speedevil

I might make skins now, but does somebody have templates of the cars?

sam223

Weeked Smasher

Speedevil said:
I might make skins now, but does somebody have templates of the cars?
Not needed really,since the default skins use transparency. Just extract a original one,paint your new skin,stick the original one on the layer above then rub out the original decals with the eraser.
All the original ones are listed on page one of this thread for reference.

UV maps (by citizenerased)

http://i.imgur.com/JTWg8TN.png
American Muscle 01
http://imgur.com/yHCFLRS.png
Muscle 02
http://imgur.com/Lqp2Xoi.png
Sedan
http://imgur.com/ZjD5N18.png
Euro
http://imgur.com/rSHVkFN.png
Euro Coupe

Pre erased default skins

http://i.imgur.com/Fcp7rXU.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NiAB1uGacPTDIxaVZBbnZLSFE/view?usp=sharing - am2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NiAB1uGacPUllsUkh4TTVTYms/view?usp=sharing - sedan

am1,euro and euroc all have clean skins in your installation directory.

Axarator

Weeked Smasher

Is there anyway to edit the objects like spoilers or remove them atm?

Axarator

Weeked Smasher

A few of the textures don't like to be edited and just give me a purple missing textures when I edit them

Errol

Weeked Smasher

v1.3.0 released!

Changelog:
Added -c[lutter] commandline option
Fixed red and blue channels becoming swapped when processing \menu\textures\ bmaps

And to answer some questions I've rather rudely ignored so far.
sam223, I think some sort of Mod Manager wouldn't be too difficult to put together. Once breckfest is more functional I'll have a bit of a play and see what I can come up with.

Matrix404, PSD support would be quite fancy! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Axarator, bmaps only so far. I have made some headway with the vhcl/scne format and should be export from Wreckfest in the near future. Importing INTO Wreckfest will be considerably more difficult but this is my end goal. Also, could you give me the file names of the purple textures? They might have some specific requirements I'm not honouring.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

Errol said:
sam223, I think some sort of Mod Manager wouldn't be too difficult to put together. Once breckfest is more functional I'll have a bit of a play and see what I can come up with.

Axarator, bmaps only so far. I have made some headway with the vhcl/scne format and should be export from Wreckfest in the near future. Importing INTO Wreckfest will be considerably more difficult but this is my end goal. Also, could you give me the file names of the purple textures? They might have some specific requirements I'm not honouring.
Sounds good.license_c is one which doesn't like to be changed currently

Errol

Weeked Smasher

sam223 said:
license_c is one which doesn't like to be changed currently
Cheers sam, I'll take a look now.

edit:
Ah, looks to be DXT1 whereas I'm generating DXT5s. I'll add a commandline option to set the compression

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Re: [TOOL] Breckfest v1.3.0 - BMaps made tasty

Nice. Another thing to consider might be a easy way to change base colours.Located in property>cars>paint (.vhcp files). I think they are in a BGR colour format. Would be nice if we could create a transparent one.Then in theory whatever was transparent on the skin texture,would be invisible in game meaning removable trim etc without changing the model.

Axarator

Weeked Smasher

Errol said:
v1.3.0 released!

Changelog:
Added -c[lutter] commandline option
Fixed red and blue channels becoming swapped when processing \menu\textures\ bmaps

Matrix404, PSD support would be quite fancy! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

ATM I am on my mothers iPad so I can't name the texture of my head exactly but the rollcage, driver seat, drivers texture for what he is wearing and the headlights and back lights (I was trying to make Nissan skyline backlights)

rwb

Weeked Smasher

Big, earnest, direct thanks to both Errol and citizenerased for idiot-proofing the custom skin process. I've had more fun than I thought I would with this.

K

KingOfTheCakes

Nicely done with this mod! This'll tie me over nicely until the next update. :) Now I've got another use for my tablet:

Maybe we should have a separate thread for skins.

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member

Thanks so much. This is just what I was needing from the game.
Hoping that editing vehicles and tracks will be next, like FO1 and FO2, with support from BugBear. :)

Errol

Weeked Smasher

Thanks for the kind words everyone and thanks Bugbear for mentioning me on your twitter feed!

v1.4.0 will be out later today, it brings dxt1, 3 and 5 compression options as well as uncompressed image for menus.

I'm also working through the SCNE file format. I'll post screenshots when I've got something to show.