[TOOL] Breckfest v1.5.0 - BMaps made tasty

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Re: [TOOL] Breckfest v1.2.0 - BMaps made tasty

Errol said:
Axarator, bmaps only so far. I have made some headway with the vhcl/scne format and should be export from Wreckfest in the near future. Importing INTO Wreckfest will be considerably more difficult but this is my end goal. Also, could you give me the file names of the purple textures? They might have some specific requirements I'm not honouring.
Axarator said:
A few of the textures don't like to be edited and just give me a purple missing textures when I edit them
I think Axarator referring to when a Wreckfest car does not find skin file to load, car turn purple. Found this out when messy around with the skin files:

Now that I'm back from vacation, have to see if I can get the number 44 on a skin.

Thanks Errol for releasing your tool. :D

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
Re: [TOOL] Breckfest v1.3.0 - BMaps made tasty

Errol said:
Getting there!
I tend not to post much nowadays, but look at forum everyday, you are a legend for your time spent in Breckfest, many thanks, I really really hope that the update when its finally released doesnt make you have to start from scratch again.
I hope NCG gets the modders interest, as it kept Flatout alive for ages.
Kudos to you m8, and the possibilities of importing stuff into NCG is just awesome, good luck ;)

Axarator

I test games, I make games, I mod games and play
Weeked Smasher

Errol said:

Getting there!
Are you saying that flummery can be used to edit scne files? Also, I would like to see some kind of GUI and/or a testing client as Breckfest gets more advanced.

Trent

If you mean edit as in move nodes around, alter the hierarchy and so on then yes. If you mean edit as in alter the geometry then no, Flummery doesn't have any features for creating and editing meshes but does allow you to export models to FBX to edit in your favourite 3D package and will allow you to import back into the SCNE file. Errol's only just cracked the vertex format to load and render models, so saving SCNE files isn't possible yet but Errol's making great headway with the file formats so it'll definitely come. The guy is genius when it comes to reverse engineering file formats.

Needles Kane

Weeked Smasher

And Trent is here too! Now we have two programmers in modding community.

Pizzaman

Cornkid said:
I hope NCG gets the modders interest, as it kept Flatout alive for ages.
I can assure you some are on the lookout... notthe ojnes you might expect either. ;D

Errol

Weeked Smasher

Another work in progress. Normals aren't the correct values, I'm still plugging away at those. Also there are the obvious UV errors but I think I'm getting pretty close now.

As to Breckfest v1.4.0... I've added some extra stuff in: It will no longer overwrite files automatically. It supports writing dxt1, dxt3 and dxt5 bmaps as well as raw A8R8G8B. I've added a "filename actions" as running with different commandlines gets annoying. For example something.dxt1.png would be processed using DXT1 compression to something.x.bmap. Supported filename actions are clutter, raw, dxt1, dxt3 and dxt5.

I've added -force to just automatically overwrite the destination without prompting and -recursive to process every folder under the current/supplied folder. -recursive is super dangerous! As Mazay mentioned up-thread, Wreckfest doesn't check extensions sometimes and will try to load the decompressed/raw assets. Probably best to take a copy of the data folder and work inside that copy instead.

Finally I've added -dump. -dump will simply decompress the supplied file and write to a file.extension.raw file. It supports ANY Wreckfest compressed file. This was just to let people have a poke around really as there is no method to recompress the file afterwards.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Re: [TOOL] Breckfest v1.2.0 - BMaps made tasty

sam223 said:
Ok, first off I'm a newbie at this skinning business. I have a little understanding how it works from the skinners at Flatout Joint.

I have heard about these templates to make skinning easier. So I download the am2base.psd and open file with Photoshop Elements ( lite version ) and I don't see the skin plate I see in Sam pic above. I see this:

So how do I get to the skinning template for Mus 2 car? I would ask my buddy Heddly, but can't get his attention right now.

Is layer 26 the skin I need to edit?

Edit: Am I blind or there is no link to Breckfest v1.3.0 in Errol first post?

Yup I'm blind, but it part Bugbear forum fault. I complain about this before. Link need a different color than grey and need to be underline. Grrr

Errol said:
Breckfest v1.3.0

A drag'n'drop image converter for Wreckfest.

v1.3.0 released 2015-04-12
Download here (46.5KB)
Source here.

The purple treatmeant:
Errol said:
Breckfest v1.3.0

A drag'n'drop image converter for Wreckfest.

v1.3.0 released 2015-04-12
Download here (46.5KB)
Source here.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

@purple: Bottom layer is citizenerased's UV map,top layer is my edited default skin (minus the default decals). Put your paint job between and hide/delete the bottom layer when you're done

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

sam223 said:
@purple: Bottom layer is citizenerased's UV map,top layer is my edited default skin (minus the default decals). Put your paint job between and hide/delete the bottom layer when you're done
I'm confused, this is not the right download link for the clean skin for Mus 2 car?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NiAB1uGacPTDIxaVZBbnZLSFE/view?usp=sharing - am2

And this the file I downloaded - am2base.psd

And that the pic of when I load am2base.psd into Photoshop Elements.

I did not download any of the 5 UV maps in your post.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

sam223 said:
Hmm, I think I miss-understand your post. So in photoshop 10 the background layer is citizenerased's UV map and layer 26 is your clean skin?

So I make a copy of layer 26 and paint 44 on the copy and have copy layer in-between the other 2 layers?

Would think I would layer my number 44 on top of layer 26? Don't I need to draw on layer 26 to see where to paint number 44?

Also when I click layer 26, it don't show like your pic, it just pop up a layer properties window where I can change the name of layer.

I can't get to this:

Edit: Now if I delete the UV map background, I can see the clean skin, but it has the eraser checkerboard look on it. Not sure how to get rid of checkerboard look.

Using the fill option got rid of the checkerboard look:

Would be nice if I could see the UV map to see the outline of car. Would make it easy to place number in the right spot.

orbotnive

I have a tip - on the layer above the uv map, colour it whatever the colour you choose for the car. full fill. Then set it to difference on the side as you do in your shiny newer PS :)

You could either work on the full fill or create another layer above that to keep it clear if you want. You'll see the uv under what you're working on for placement detail. You can then overlay the car detail above that. Hope I helped

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

New question, Photoshop default to saving my file to a psd, but Breckfest want a png file. So I take it I need to save file as a png file. What do I lose if I save psd file as a png? If I want to come back and edit file more, is it better to keep a psd version?

Hmmm, get a interlace option when saving as a png file. Should I pick none or interlace?

PNG file does make for a smaller file. Went from 27,693kb psd file to a 4,721kb png ( none interlace ) file.

I read through the posts in thread and did not see what mus 2 skin file you use to make the clean am2base.psd file, sam. am2base is not a file name. Does it mater which of the 5 default mus 2 skins I replace and which of the 16 mus 2 car skins are the default 5?

Did they get listed in the AI skin thread?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

@orbotnive Problem I'm having is clicking on layer 26 and it won't come forward. Photoshop Element 10 only show the first layer in the list. :( Had to delete background layer to see sam layer 26.

I mostly only use Photoshop to crop my pics and do minimaps for Flatout 1 and 2. Not use to doing this layer thing.

orbotnive

Purple44 said:
New question, Photoshop default to saving my file to a psd, but Breckfest want a png file. So I take it I need to save file as a png file. What do I lose if I save psd file as a png? If I want to come back and edit file more, is it better to keep a psd version?
Copy your finished skin into a new work before saving as .png no interlace to save the psd for later.

Purple44 said:
Hmmm, get a interlace option when saving as a png file. Should I pick none or interlace?
No interlace :)

Purple44 said:
I read through the posts in thread and did not see what mus 2 skin file you use to make the clean am2base.psd file. am2base is not a file name. Does it mater which of the 5 default mus 2 skins I replace and which of the 16 mus 2 car skins are the default 5?
The clean skin could be used on any number default replacement only depending on the final name. So replace any or all. You could simply extract the ai skins and replace the player skins with them if you wished as long as they're renamed. Sam223 posted a reference for the car no.s in the second post in this thread to help pick

Purple44 said:
@orbotnive Problem I'm having is clicking on layer 26 and it won't come forward. Photoshop Element 10 only show the first layer in the list. :( Had to delete background layer to see sam layer 26.

I mostly only use Photoshop to crop my pics and do minimaps for Flatout 1 and 2. Not use to doing this layer thing.
Ah so, I did not use personally, the clean skin for my buildup. So I cannot directly help with what I did, but I'd try duplicating background layer and delete background. Or select all on background, copy it, then delete it and paste as a new layer.

Maybe we should start a thread for helping with this that could be a longer seperate reference?

orbotnive

Here's something to look at, see if that shows up properly in elements. There's a uv base without the black bg if that would help you. The point of the car detail being chequered is that it's semi transparent, and it goes over the custom skin you make to add age/dirt after you've designed it. That's why the numbers would stay underneath it so that they don't look too 'clean'.

http://www.filedropper.com/purplehelp

Edit: See I barely know what I'm doing either. fixed dl link

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

Success with a some help from Zeb. He use skin file 05_american\skin01_c5.bmap. This skin is style 3 in car paint menu.

Beware when you rotate skin template 180 degrees to draw number on other door, you don't forget to flip template back 180 degrees. If you forget, this what happen to your skin!!

Also forgot to put back UV map ( after deleting it ) before saving my new custom skin. But skin still work.

Thanks to all for the tools and files and help in this thread. :)

Now I know it can be done, will have to see if I can do a little better custom skin after I learn more about how to use Photoshop.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

orbotnive said:
Here's something to look at, see if that shows up properly in elements. There's a uv base without the black bg if that would help you. The point of the car detail being chequered is that it's semi transparent, and it goes over the custom skin you make to add age/dirt after you've designed it. That's why the numbers would stay underneath it so that they don't look too 'clean'.

http://www.filedropper.com/purplehelp

Edit: See I barely know what I'm doing either. fixed dl link

THANK you, THANK you orbotnive very much for this file
. Should make things esaier for a beginer like me!

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster

I used The GIMP to edit the PSD file. (Gnu Image Manipulation Program), but then I'm an old Unix/Linux geek from way back. There's a free version for windows these days.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk