[TOOL] Breckfest v1.5.0 - BMaps made tasty

Mazay

Re: [TOOL] Breckfest v1.4.0 - BMaps made tasty

You're welcome!

Other commandlines I found useful:

Channels to separate files:
Magick\convert image.png -channel rgba -separate channel.png

Combine channels back:
Magick\convert -channel rgba channel-0.png channel-1.png channel-2.png channel-3.png -combine channels_combined.png

Axarator

I test games, I make games, I mod games and play
Weeked Smasher

Anyone worked out how to convert back files?

Axarator

Weeked Smasher

lobsterfran said:
Axarator said:
Huh? Don't understand the question.
I mean, anyone worked out how to convert non bmap files back to the original format.

lobsterfran

Axarator said:
lobsterfran said:
Axarator said:
I mean, anyone worked out how to convert non bmap files back to the original format.
I'm really not trying to be awkward, but I still don't understand the question.

If by "Non bmap files" you mean .png files, then yes, that's what Breckfest does??? Regardless of whether the .png is intended to be a _c5 file, or a _s file, breckfest converts them all the same.
After conversion, you'll need to rename them, stripping off the _x ( or more) from the end.

Axarator

Weeked Smasher

lobsterfran said:
Axarator said:
lobsterfran said:
Axarator said:
I'm really not trying to be awkward, but I still don't understand the question.

If by "Non bmap files" you mean .png files, then yes, that's what Breckfest does??? Regardless of whether the .png is intended to be a _c5 file, or a _s file, breckfest converts them all the same.
After conversion, you'll need to rename them, stripping off the _x ( or more) from the end.
No, I mean when you convert like a vhcl or something to a raw, can you convert it back to a vhcl.

Axarator

Weeked Smasher

Mazay said:
I tried to understand LZ4 compression and invent some kind of fake compression to compress files back. Yet no luck. LZ4 seems to be like simplest of all compressions so it shouldn't that hard.
The link to explanation, also found in Breckfest source code: http://fastcompression.blogspot.fi/2011/05/lz4-explained.html
Thanks. I might take a look and program something. I really want to mod the actual game code and create super HP cars and things like that. Hopefully I can edit some scales of model files by just editing the code and even edit the positioning and rotations.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

Axarator said:
Mazay said:
I tried to understand LZ4 compression and invent some kind of fake compression to compress files back. Yet no luck. LZ4 seems to be like simplest of all compressions so it shouldn't that hard.
The link to explanation, also found in Breckfest source code: http://fastcompression.blogspot.fi/2011/05/lz4-explained.html
Thanks. I might take a look and program something. I really want to mod the actual game code and create super HP cars and things like that. Hopefully I can edit some scales of model files by just editing the code and even edit the positioning and rotations.
Is the car hp not based on a file associated with each track? DD's last longer than the cars do on the circuits. Or atleast they did (or i think they did anyway)

sam223 said:
Is the car hp not based on a file associated with each track? DD's last longer than the cars do on the circuits. Or atleast they did (or i think they did anyway)
i did not ever test this but i think this is just because you are faster at race crashes than at derby crashes normally. someone with a password-saved server for 2 or with LAN could test this and i can't do either one here.

sam223

Weeked Smasher

WorldofBay said:
sam223 said:
i did not ever test this but i think this is just because you are faster at race crashes than at derby crashes normally. someone with a password-saved server for 2 or with LAN could test this and i can't do either one here.
Possibly,although i did find that even on the big arena the cars last longer than on the oval for example where impact speed is probably pretty close at times.There is also a maximum potential force in there somewhere aswell,so no matter how fast you hit someone,you cannot deal more than X damage.60-70mph maybe? or possibly some sort of multiplier.

Errol

Weeked Smasher
Long time no update. Sorry!

I've just released v1.5.0. It supports -compress to go back from -dump. Super dangerous and does absolutely zero validation that the file you're asking it to compress isn't a malformed mess.

Also fixed a bug Mazay raised absolutely ages ago. Options within the filename will now only apply to THAT file, rather than that and all subsequent files.

I'll read over this thread properly tomorrow to see if I have anything else to fix. Please feel free to raise issues/feature requests on the issue tracker.

Axarator

Weeked Smasher
Errol said:
Long time no update. Sorry!

I've just released v1.5.0. It supports -compress to go back from -dump. Super dangerous and does absolutely zero validation that the file you're asking it to compress isn't a malformed mess.

Also fixed a bug Mazay raised absolutely ages ago. Options within the filename will now only apply to THAT file, rather than that and all subsequent files.

I'll read over this thread properly tomorrow to see if I have anything else to fix. Please feel free to raise issues/feature requests on the issue tracker.
I'm curious to see what people do with the new compression feature.

citizenerased

Weeked Smasher
Excellent stuff, first thing I've tried it on is editing the file 'ai_set_default.aist' which is list of what car each AI will use in SP. I set the AI to use Sedans only.

Loading only the one car and one set of skins uses a bit less resources but I'm not seeing any improvement on frame rates.

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Nice idea citizenerased, did you drag and drop the file or use a command line to work? Drag and drop did not work for me or I else I just can't find it.

Errol

Weeked Smasher
Drag and drop is only for the core functionality (to and from bmaps). You need to use commandline to do all the extra stuff.

Basic process is:

breckfest -dump somefile
hex edit somefile to your liking
breckfest -compress somefile

Matrix404

Errol,

I did a pull request for the following new features:

* Added -norename and -nr commandline option (so that when doing conversions you can have it be the original name)
* Added Overrite checks for bmap conversions (added better overwrite checking, so that if there is a file that is named the same thing it prompts you, this does not happen if the force command line is added)

Can you take a look at do a compile?

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
citizenerased said:
Excellent stuff, first thing I've tried it on is editing the file 'ai_set_default.aist' which is list of what car each AI will use in SP. I set the AI to use Sedans only.

Will you consider writing a short tutorial for it? I am very interested in closed-formula races.