Administrator
Staff member
WF_Tournament_update_SOCIALMEDIA_s7.jpg

HIGHLIGHTS
  • New DLC: Racing Heroes Car Pack
  • New tournament: Racing Heroes
  • New free track: Eagles Peak Motorpark
  • New free tournament reward bundles
We're pleased to announce the availability of a new tournament!

In keeping with the spirit of the new car pack, this tournament is all about racing! In the headline event, we're tasking you to chase the opponents on the new Eagles Motorpark using the Stellar from the car pack. The better your position the more score you earn per each meter traveled, plus you get bonus score for each lap as long you keep up a good pace. In the weekly events, you're challenged to clock the best possible lap time on the new track, as well as try out some heavy-hitting demolition action on the derby stadium layout of the track. Don't forget to check out the new reward bundles for Boomer and Nexus, available in the tournament shop!

RACING HEROES CAR PACK
In case you're looking for new pair of wheels, we also have a new Car Pack out! The pack includes three new cars: Raven is a true battle beast of a car that packs plenty of grunt and shreds opposition with raw power, Speedie is a peppery little car that punches above its weight, and Stellar is a legendary rally missile that is at home on both twisty gravel and tarmac.

UNLEASH THE FWDS
For a long time now, the front-wheel drive cars have been the unappreciated underdogs of the Wreckfest roster but that's going to change now! To celebrate the addition of another front-wheel drive car (Speedie), we've improved the handling of the existing ones as well so they're decidedly more fun to pilot now. You don't have to take our word for it, though, instead take them out for a spin yourself!

SUPPORT FOR CUSTOM WHEELS
In other news, we have exciting news for the owners of Direct Drive wheels! We've added a solution to make the game recognize them as steering wheels, so you can finally enjoy Wreckfest with all the glory of unparaled force feedback effects provided by your wheel! We are providing definitions for certain SimuCube and Leo Bodnar devices straight out of the box, but it's also very easy to configure your own device.

To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the tools folder in the game's installation folder.
2. Run the provided "DeviceOut" tool, preferably piping the output to an text file ("DeviceOut.exe >output.txt").
3. Open the output, find the GUID of your steering wheel and copy it on the clipboard.
4. Open "customWheels.json" in the game's installation folder.
5. Paste the GUID of your device on top of the GUID of the "EXAMPLE" definition and change the name into something you want.
6. Save the file, and you're done!

What's even better is that you can adjust the force feedback effects to your liking. To do so, all you need to do is to use the provided BagEditor to open data/vehicles/shared/physics/forcefeedback_dd.vffb and then tweak the various parameters available. This file can be shared between users so make sure to share your favorite settings with other users for example on Steam Workshop. Unless of course the settings are your secret weapon on the track! Many thanks to Granite Devices, the creators of SimuCube, and Devin, a long-standing and respected member of our community, for assistance.

As always, we're also actively working on improving the gameplay experience based on the feedback so this this release contains numerous other improvements and additions as well. We invite you to check out the release notes below for a complete summary of items fixed or improved below.

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

PC:1.268454
PS4: 1.80
XB1: 1.8.0.0

CONTENT
  • Added support for the DLC pack "Racing Heroes Car Pack" containing three new cars: Raven, Speedie, and Stellar.
  • Added a new free track: Eagles Peak Motorpark with both forward and reverse layouts as well as a derby stadium.
    (Server admins note: the internal designations for the routes are fields13_1, fields13_1_rev and fields13_2.)
TOURNAMENT
  • New tournament season: Racing Heroes.
  • New racing themed reward bundle "Rockfield" for Boomer RS.
  • New racing themed reward bundle "BB Racing" for Nexus.
  • Experience is now correctly awarded from "Rampage Rush" racing events.
SYSTEM
  • (PC) Fixed a controller related crash that sometimes occurred.
  • Fixed a bug which sometimes caused reward liveries to be lost when changing liveries.
  • Implemented support for custom wheel controllers.
GAMEPLAY
  • Improved handling of the front-wheel drive cars.
  • Restored Muddigger old grille upgrades.
  • Roadcutter roof bar no longer clips the roof.
  • Wildking upright back pipes no longer clip the racing wing.
  • Improved Rebelrat marauder rammer and combar crusher bumper placement.
  • Firefly now shifts up correctly when using automatic gearing.
  • Supervan suspension no longer glitches out in hard collisions.
  • Sofa Car now receives damage correctly.
MULTIPLAYER
  • It's no longer possible to purchase upgrades for special vehicle loaners
    (these upgrades are removed when exiting lobby, resulting in the player just losing credits).
  • Fixed overlap in the player list.
AUDIO
  • Modding / BagEdit (Player): Added configuration option for vehicle specific throttle on/off events.
  • Boomer / Boomer RS (Player): Adjusted intake noise texture loudness to more closely follow engine load state.
  • Bumper Car / Hellvester (AI): Optimized CPU load by baking static audio effects directly to assets.
  • Pocket Rocket (Player): Fixed issue where echoing was introduced to idle exhaust texture.
  • Rocket, Rocket RX, DLC#7 vehicles (AI): Fixed incorrect engine sound distance prioritization.
  • Race: Adjusted distance prioritization of player engine sounds for correct sorting near maximum distance.
  • Race: Fixed audio mix automation issue where gearstick sounds would not play in chase cam view.
  • Race: Adjusted sensitivity and physics tracking of tire sounds, to address premature activation of heavy tarmac skids etc.
  • Race: Added unique distance attenuation curve for tire sounds, for more pronounced pass-by effect with track-side camera views in replay mode.
  • Race: Reduced dynamic loudness range of AI vehicles, effectively increasing perceived volume level in most game situations.
Happy racing!

Last edited:

djfil007

"SUPPORT FOR CUSTOM WHEELS"

Interesting... never had issue with my Simucube since pre-launch (as an early backer)... but if this adds more detail to the force feedback, I'm all for it. Thanks!

gamebux

Great, but where are the next-gen improvements (PS5, Xbox Series)?

I also can't believe we won't get a track editor. This would be amazing and revitalize the game. In fact Wreckfest should come to PS+, that way we'd have more people playing.

Konan

Staff member
Full time wrecker
Great, but where are the next-gen improvements (PS5, Xbox Series)?

I also can't believe we won't get a track editor. This would be amazing and revitalize the game. In fact Wreckfest should come to PS+, that way we'd have more people playing.
It's already free on PS Now...

hawklord07

Hello,
Thanks for the latest new tournament, it look like fun and i'm going to try them after i finish this, I have have a question though and I'm not trying to be ungrateful or rude,
By what I've just read above about whats included in this update,

I take it that the only Tournament Rewards this time are the bundles and No Car Reward?
Thanks for update and your time.

Firebird

Full time wrecker
Hello,
Thanks for the latest new tournament, it look like fun and i'm going to try them after i finish this, I have have a question though and I'm not trying to be ungrateful or rude,
By what I've just read above about whats included in this update,

I take it that the only Tournament Rewards this time are the bundles and No Car Reward?
Thanks for update and your time.
A new free vehicle gets tends to get added every Tournament update (every month or so).

Really enjoying this new track and car pack! Opel Manta, Buick Regal, and a Mini! The liveries available are a nice touch and suit the cars well I must add. Lastly I always welcome the tournament bundles which add new parts to existing cars. E.g rear lights, new wheels. It's the little details...

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
A hotfix out for PC Steam, with the rest of the platforms following the suit soon.

(We wanted to get the PC patch out as soon as possible due to critical controller issues.)

Here are the release notes:

Game version
PC: 1.268578

• Fixed numerous controller devices not being detected.
  • Fixed stuttering with certain controller devices.
  • Fixed game crashing when entering certain career events.
  • Fixed numerous glitches with Racing Heroes Car Pack cars.
  • Improved Speedie suspension, differential and engine.
  • Added "Saucer" wheels for Speedie.
  • Short track width tires for Speedie are now narrower.
  • Restored missing modding tools.

Last edited:

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Love the new track but I did notice with the DD arena there could of been potential for a tri-oval version of it.

Cegon

Did one of the recent updates / patches change anything regarding multiplayer connectivity? Yesterday my server was extremely laggy, multiple cases of rubberbanding or teleporting per lap even though there were only five players racing.

RacerEks

I like the Raven!

The back looks like a Buick, the front as Oldsmobile, and the default livery makes it look like a Pontiac!

TH8

Always excited with new DLC from Bugbear...and the new Heroes Pack did not disappoint :) (personal opinion of course)
That Mini though, dang, totally cool :cool:...and great engine sounds on all ;)
0 WRECKFEST HEROES PACK SPEEDIE MINI crop copy.jpg3 WRECKFEST HEROES PACK Raven crop copy.jpg5 WRECKFEST HEROES PACK Stellar crop copy.jpg

John BobMan

Hi, thank you for all this free content thus far, you're doing a great job.

I would like to suggest something if I may: event game modes would be a great addition to exhibition and multiplayer.
The current race mode, the previous crash mode, previous truck modes...

The current race mode where you get points by racing with a multiplicator, and the previous banger mode where you get points by crashing with a multiplicator, could be mixed in in a team multiplayer mode in which there are a crash category and a speed category. At least one member of the team is a crasher, he gets points by crashing the others with a multiplicator based on his position in the race; and at least one member of the team is a racer, he gets points by racing with a multiplicator based on his position in the race

hawklord07

A new free vehicle gets tends to get added every Tournament update (every month or so).

Really enjoying this new track and car pack! Opel Manta, Buick Regal, and a Mini! The liveries available are a nice touch and suit the cars well I must add. Lastly I always welcome the tournament bundles which add new parts to existing cars. E.g rear lights, new wheels. It's the little details...

Thanks for your reply. Yes Firebird I know that but as yet (16th) there still hasn't been one added to the reward page and they are usually added within a day of the new tournament starting, so I may be correct and a new reward car is not being added this time around mate. :)