Tournament Update released!

toninus

Yes of course.
But if everybody does that then I'll still be poorly rewarded. I just hope they'll take all players in consideration. Otherwise a lot of people will be discouraged and will stop playing the challenges.

Firebird

Full time wrecker
Thank you for releasing the fix tonight. I'm digging the latest DLC cars. They're very derby like at first (not my personal taste) but I'm glad there are plenty of parts for these cars including stock bumpers etc. A good selection of wheels for each too! I can't wait to play more shortly

timmy76

Full time wrecker
With public lobbies you need to remove Hellride from the rotation, It empties an entire server every time it comes up.

TH8

Here's a hot tip: drive at a medium pace (2nd gear) and try to follow the AI racing line as much as possible. Keep the momentum of hitting cars going to increase the multiplier. And use the handbrake in the hairpin so you can get a slide as to hit more cars at once...
Thanks for that tip ;)....however, for me personally this technique still only yielded a high score of approx 49,500 ish...I then decided to try something different and do the opposite, just go as fast as I can forward in 4th gear....missed a lot of cars as I could not turn into them fast enough using my steering wheel set up, but I did get a score of 627,500'ish doing it this way ;)...still along way from the top spot though :D.

Mopower

I just like driving.
Do you ever actually play against other people? Or is this just a leaderboards for career-type special events?

Neat concept, but I was hoping for something with the higher-tiered events being an actual multiplayer/pvp scenario in terms of combat/interaction. I don't mind the lower-tiered events being against the AI. I do, however, believe you'll see much more longevity and replay value if some of the events are actual players or teams.

Last edited:

Tonza

Team Bugbear Member
Well the weekly&monthly challenges are turning out to be a farce, thanks to cheaters, unsurprisingly. 13 000 for bronze in king of death? Struggling to even get 10 000, the cpus ignore each other. So its hard to even get a good hit in, when they circle right behind you. And when you do get a good hit in, youll spend the next 30 seconds getting punched around by the cpus.

Konan

Staff member
Full time wrecker
The devs are well aware of this and will take measures as soon as the more important stuff is taken care of.

Reactions: TH8

toninus

The new daily derby is even harder, gold is now at 5000 points, it was at 4000 before. Otherwise races are still easy, thanks we had 3 today !
The multiplier thing makes things very subtle, one more takedown at the end of the round can change evreything...
I luckily got bronze with 14 000 on the weekly challenge, but I've spammed respawn a lot. This new arena isn't that good IMO, it encourages respawn a lot as being on top is a huge advantage.
Better make rewards easier but add rerspawn penalty.

And I still think rewards for weekly and monthly should be based on the whole player base and not just on the first 1000.

Last edited:

TH8

HellRaz3r said: is the doom rig an immortal car?
'HellRaz3r' raised a good question about the 'Doom Rig'...is the Doom Rig 'Immortal'?
Maybe some Devs could answer this...

....although what I would like to see is if 2 or more Doom Rigs showed up in the same lobby, the other Doom Rigs could wrecked each other to a certain point, lowest health, then the other opponents cars in that Lobby could finish that Doom Rig off ;)...but if only 1 Doom Rig was in a lobby the other opponents have no chance:D also the other vehicle racers will have to practice exceptional 'Defensive Driving' skills ;)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
You will keep your fame points. Reward options may rotate at some point.

Tournament mode FAQ

As a lot of the new tournament mode is brand new to you guys and we see a lot of the same questions we have made a short FAQ together with BB.

If you have any other questions about the new mode please feel free to ask here and we will attempt to expand our FAQ as time goes on.

Do we keep unused fame between seasons?
- Yes.

Is it possible to obtain everything or when a new season starts are everything gone right away?
- Shop selection will be refreshed at certain intervals but it’s not linked to season changing and we won’t remove content without a prior warning, such as an in-game timer. Obviously we want to make sure as many users who want the rewards will also have a chance to get them.

7thkey

So PC was:
Gold: Top 10% from the best 10,000 players.
* Silver: Top 30% from the best 10,000 players.
* Bronze: Top 70% from the best 10,000 players

What was PS4 because I was always in top 100 for weekly demo and 400 for doom rig seasonal.

Never once did i receive any fame. Im guessing console players got passed up on any of these rewards. I figured I had atleast 5k in fame to be rewarded at the end , but got nothing.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Today, I fired up Wreckfest, then Tournament and click on statics. Then when I escape back, I got my 4010 Fame points. PC version.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Hi guys, I was talking with Poop today about the new Doom Rig and how it might ruin no rules online servers! Please give it a read and post your comments.