- New Tournament Season: Time Attack
- Stability and performance improvements
While the previous Tournament Season was focused on wrecking and causing as much chaos as possible, this time around it's all about speed and skill. The new Weekly and Monthly events will challenge you to take your racing skills to the limit and post the best possible hot lap time on a number of time trials. But since this is Wreckfest and not just your garden-variety racing game, take heed to watch out for some explosive surprises along the way!
In other Tournament related news, we've adjusted the amount of FP (Fame Points) rewards as well as the cost of items in the Tournament Shop. Let's set one thing straight: The goal of the Tournament Mode is to give you something fun and rewarding to do in the game, not feel like endless grinding for points. So from now on, it will be much easier for everyone to have fun and enjoy the rewards. If you ask us, this is how it should be!
We're also constantly working on improving the gameplay experience based on the feedback, and this release contains numerous other improvements and additions. For one, we've been working on solving the technical niggles that have made it impossible for a small number of users to participate in the leaderboard challenges. We're confident that the issues have now been resolved, but in case you're still experiencing problems be sure to give us a shout. Also, we've made significant improvements to save data handling and Steam Cloud integration so if you're on PC and haven't been able to run the game due to save data issues please give it a go now! Please find below a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon in this release.
Please note that the multi-platform changes for PC marked with an asterisk (*) were already rolled out for other platforms in the previous patch.
- Xbox: 184.108.40.206
- PS4: 1.46
- PC: 1.260574
- Game no longer constantly crashes when trying to enter the "Destroy All Supervans!" career event.
- Game no longer infrequently crashes when proceeding from the results screen in the tournament mode.
- In multiplayer, game no longer crashes when the host leaves the game and the client is in the Paint Menu.
- Reward paints no longer vanish from the player inventory when changing paint.
- (PS4) Game no longer occasionally crashes shortly after reaching gameplay in tournament mode.
- (PS4) Game no longer sporadically crashes when trying to adjust tuning settings.
- (XB1) Title no longer crashes when switching to another profile.
- (XB1) Title no longer crashes when connecting to a multiplayer server.
- (PS4) Title no longer eventually crashes to analytics upload failing.
- Playing a tournament event now rewards the player with experience.
- Reduced the score multiplier decrease rate during tournament mode "Score Streak" events.
- Reduced the AI Players aggression during tournament mode "Score Streak" events.
- (XB1) Correct rankings and targets should now be shown properly even for the small number of users who previously had issues.
- (PS4) After entering the tournament mode, tournament information is now correctly displayed without going back and forth.
- (PC) Tournament event information is displayed quicker after entering tournament mode.
- Improved Panther RS suspension setups.
- Improved Boomer suspension setups.
- (*PC) AI Harvester is no longer faster than player harvester.
- Next track in the event rotation is now selected in tiebreaker situations (instead of it being skipped like previously).
- (PC) It's now possible to define 96 user roles on a dedicated server (not actual players, but known users with specific roles such as 'moderator' and so forth).
- (*PC) Idle detection now works again so players idling in a multiplayer event will be kicked after a period of inactivity.
- Killerpig: Fix sound pitch mismatch between on/offload states near max rpm.
- (*PC) Adjusted lawnmower engine sound for louder offload volume.
- (*PC) Mixdown adjustments for driver contact sounds.
- (*PC) Audio asset size optimizations for driver contact sounds.
- (*PC) Driver body-to-ground contact sounds now change according to vehicle road surface.
- (*PC) Tighter volume roll-off based on camera distance (max. audible range 20 meters / ~65.6 feet).
- (*PC) Added distance based playback prioritization to driver contact sounds.
- (*PC) Added triggering delay randomization to increase variety with driver contact sound sequences.
- (PC) Improved Steam Cloud integration. Note that from now on the save data is located in "[STEAM INSTALL FOLDER]/userdata/[STEAMID]/228380" with the old data in the "Documents" folder being automatically copied over after launching the title for the first time after updating.
Appropriate prompts are shown to the user whenever a save data mismatch is detected between local and cloud data.
- (PC) Improved corrupt save data detection by adding a size check and filtering out files with broken headers in order to prevent corrupted save data being uploaded to Steam Cloud and possibly preventing the game from launching.
Whenever corrupt data is detected, the user is shown an appropriate prompt.
Thanks for your support and good luck!