Update 2015-06-30

acid_andy

sam223 said:
Sandpit 2,removed the iconic blind bend raised section with hazards into sharp right then left before finish. Now its just a small hill with no hazards. Road section of that course also changed from small road to huge double lane road with no hazards and straighter path.Also removed the turn around boulder on turn 2,now its just a flat turn. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.
THIS! Based on what Jori said I can see what you're doing Bugbear. Making the tracks more suited to longer banger races and to fit more cars on and give people a chance to recover from hits. I agree that there's a place for that, on lots of sections of lots of tracks but I'm sure most people here will agree that it shouldn't be on all sections of all the tracks. Sam's exactly right, the huge jagged, blind rocky bottleneck on Sandpit 2 was an amazing iconic challenge to drive and tremendous fun! We need some tricky, challenging bits. It gives a track character.

B

BrianUK

sam223 said:
Just had chance to go through all the tracks. Seems the most notable change was Sandpit 2,removed the iconic blind bend raised section with hazards into sharp right then left before finish. Now its just a small hill with no hazards. Road section of that course also changed from small road to huge double lane road with no hazards and straighter path.Also removed the turn around boulder on turn 2,now its just a flat turn. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.
Agreed. The update has actually resulted in me having one less track to play due to my total disinterest where ovals are concerned.

Can we have this track back, pretty please?

sam223

Weeked Smasher
acid_andy said:
sam223 said:
Sandpit 2,removed the iconic blind bend raised section with hazards into sharp right then left before finish. Now its just a small hill with no hazards. Road section of that course also changed from small road to huge double lane road with no hazards and straighter path.Also removed the turn around boulder on turn 2,now its just a flat turn. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.
THIS! Based on what Jori said I can see what you're doing Bugbear. Making the tracks more suited to longer banger races and to fit more cars on and give people a chance to recover from hits. I agree that there's a place for that, on lots of sections of lots of tracks but I'm sure most people here will agree that it shouldn't be on all sections of all the tracks. Sam's exactly right, the huge jagged, blind rocky bottleneck on Sandpit 2 was an amazing iconic challenge to drive and tremendous fun! We need some tricky, challenging bits. It gives a track character.
It actually the opposite to what you want for banger racing. Bangers are all about tight small tracks (to keep the grid close together and allow for complete track blockages/constant changing of racing line) with no run offs and hazards everywhere (dead cars,armco all the way around). Wire and post lined short ovals are the definition really. Like driving a track lined with trees with no run off. The smallest mistake its all over and then the track is blocked and it becomes chaos. New sandpit 2 is the opposite of this.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
BrianUK said:
sam223 said:
Just had chance to go through all the tracks. Seems the most notable change was Sandpit 2,removed the iconic blind bend raised section with hazards into sharp right then left before finish. Now its just a small hill with no hazards. Road section of that course also changed from small road to huge double lane road with no hazards and straighter path.Also removed the turn around boulder on turn 2,now its just a flat turn. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.
Agreed. The update has actually resulted in me having one less track to play due to my total disinterest where ovals are concerned.

Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty PLEASE! With a cherry on top. :D

BrianUK said:
sam223 said:
y opinion

Yep, give us that track back while you'll keep working on the new one, the old one had nearly perfect layout and scenery, and it's really a shame to see it removed.
Still wondering why you decided to make such a (bad?) decision.

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
I want the old Sandpit too :(

Butwell, not gonna play for a while anyway even though I like the update, I don't really have complaints(Except for the Sandpit). But my wheel died on me :(

Edit. It works again! yayyyy

longtimeago

"When in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
Ok, I am going to play some singleplayer tonight with the 32-bit executable and find some bugs, things, etc. I will record it all.

BB as someone has said before, you should lock these news threads and begin another "Post bug reports for build ###### 2015-06-30 here" or something. I hope that will make the sorting out the BS from the constructive feedback better. :)

Scruxx

St. Jimmy said:
Driving physics:
I can feel that there's more parameters going on. The car feels more like it's sitting on four wheels and not like in the last builds where it felt like a box.
Funny, for me its exactly the opposite. I cant feel my car on the track anymore, its a moving iceblock and i feel like hitting some blocks and not cars. How can our views be so different?

Did u ever drove the American Muscle 2 on Oval? I cant talk about other cars because im only drivin Oval with AM2. For me its definitly a moving iceblock feeling where i hit other blocks ^^ !!! No grip on the track, no fast jerk the wheel violently to hit a car that drives paralell to you, not to mention that the blocks dont fly into a wall after such a hit. Its the most boring racer ive ever played now for me. And i had 400+ hours with Build 6.

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
Scruxx said:
St. Jimmy said:
Driving physics:
I can feel that there's more parameters going on. The car feels more like it's sitting on four wheels and not like in the last builds where it felt like a box.
Funny, for me its exactly the opposite. I cant feel my car on the track anymore, its a moving iceblock and i feel like hitting some blocks and not cars. How can our views be so different?

Did u ever drove the American Muscle 2 on Oval? I cant talk about other cars because im only drivin Oval with AM2. For me its definitly a moving iceblock feeling where i hit other blocks ^^ !!! No grip on the track, no fast jerk the wheel violently to hit a car that drives paralell to you, not to mention that the blocks dont fly into a wall after such a hit. Its the most boring racer ive ever played now for me. And i had 400+ hours with Build 6.
I meant bit different with the block. I meant that there's now four wheel sufaces and before it was like one big surface. It feels more like that. Yeah the handling feels sometimes like driving an ice block. In dirt the feeling is better.

Scruxx

I see. I could feel the main drive in the last build, maybe i also felt my left or right wheels sometimes (oval track), but i guess thats it ^^ !! I dont know if its even possible to feel all 4 wheels, maybe on such a subfloor, just with hundreds of them ^^

But in the last build i had the feeling that theres a chasis above the wheels, not sure how to desribe it, which also moves a little bit when u enter the corner and now the whole car is stiff. I guess that is part of why i feel like a iceblock in the new build.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
For those that feel your handbrake button is not work, like me, give my Bug Report a read for a reason why it seem handbrake is not working in Build #7

Handbrake bug?

Scruxx said:
St. Jimmy said:
Driving physics:

scruxx try out other tracks, the oval is stupid in this build but track like gravel are even more fun. gravel was in my opinion a good track in last build and now it's a great one. tarmac is hard as you feel your car being slower there and see it in the lap times. sandpit1 is pretty popular, try that one. the handling is actually very nice on sandpit and gravel. just tarmac surfaces feel strange.

SkinnierSteve

Gamer and Youtuber.
I like the new update, but I noticed some bugs with it.

Bug 1: Cars sometimes gets their wheels stuck under the ground for some reason.
Bug 2: Sometimes in a derby or race, I notice AI cars randomly doing donuts all the time, and never does anything else.
Bug 3: The cars's wheels no longer follow the deformation of the body, and they no longer fall off, which makes it look like the wheels are not attached to the cars.

Well, that's probably not all the bugs, but it's all I can think of at the moment. I enjoy the new update, it's just those 3 bugs that bug me and I don't want to bear with it.

Mazay

Graphics, what happened? Graphics are too dark, trees especially.

There used be variable exposure: Look at dark forest > everything gets brighter.
Is this bug or is it temporarily disabled? This is must for realistic graphics unless your display is bright like sun.

There is too much contrast. Especially if you set your display brightness up. On other hand it is too dim to be played with low brightness.
High contrast looks good on dim display and low contrast on bright so manual contrast adjustment is must.

FreddyDipstick

Full time wrecker
Scruxx said:
St. Jimmy said:
Driving physics:

Have you ever driven a real car?

Henkka77

Full time wrecker
The biggest problem with the new build and the driving physics is, that the counter-steering has been made ridiculously hard with a very narrow "window" for saving the situation. I liked the old build handling model much better and i know that im not the only one.

To be more exact, the problem isnt actually the oversteer, but the counter-steer and the narrow "window" to counter-steer and prevent the car from spinning. When the rear is lost, theres way too little time to react and cars spin way too easily.
Its like driving on ice now. So, please do something to the handling model, atm i think its not fun.