[v0.05] Blender BGO Exporter

RickyBobby

Wow, man. So awesome. Looking forward to try it out.
Btw... since you can do such magic, master, do you think it could be possible somehow to place .scne objects in blender? Similar to the startpoints - just naming an invisible hollow empty object the same as the .scne file you want to place there? Or is it already possible? please excuse my unworthiness ;D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
RickyBøbby said:
Wow, man. So awesome. Looking forward to try it out.
Btw... since you can do such magic, master, do you think it could be possible somehow to place .scne objects in blender? Similar to the startpoints - just naming an invisible hollow empty object the same as the .scne file you want to place there? Or is it already possible? please excuse my unworthiness ;D
This is what I'm waiting for and hope happen some day. That I can load a stock Wreckfest track .scne file into Blender so I can make copies or add objects and move them around in a 3D environment. :)

No pressure Dummiesman, but you will be a Wreckfest god if you can pull this off! :D

I don't need to be able to mess with the track mess ( but would be nice if I could add a King of the Hill hill to Sandpit 1 ), I just need be able to interact with the objects on the track and add objects from the objects folder.

Dummiesman

It appears it's possible to create "xrefs" via dupli-groups and linked objects. What I can probably do is add a function into Blender that
a) links an entire .blends objects
b) add them to an group
c) add a group instance into the scene

Then on export the exporter will export (how much wood could a woodchuck chuck etc.) group instances with linked objects as xrefs.

I'll see what I can come up with :)

Dummiesman

Released v0.02 of the AI generator :) It adds a new feature for route width 'detection', this is how it works:

Download in first post as always

RickyBobby

Purple44 said:
This is what I'm waiting for and hope happen some day. That I can load a stock Wreckfest track .scne file into Blender so I can make copies or add objects and move them around in a 3D environment. :)
That would be the 'super deluxe version' :)
Dummiesman said:
It appears it's possible to create "xrefs" via dupli-groups and linked objects. What I can probably do is add a function into Blender that
a) links an entire .blends objects
b) add them to an group
c) add a group instance into the scene
Not sure if I understand that - and wondering if we are talking about the same thing. What Purple said was more what I had in mind. With .scne-files I was referring to the objects in the ...\data\art\objects folder (or your mods objects folder). I thought since it's possible to link stock textures and the data path, maybe it's possible to link objects (.scne files) as well, so that these .scne files are linked under "subscenes" in your track .scne file.

For example - there are 29 subscenes, subscene 3 is the object 'prop_derby_ramp1.scne' in data/art/objects/

Dummiesman

It would be going out of my way to support something like that. I'll be supporting xref'ing blend files, like you can do with the Max plugin.

Dummiesman

Just a quick note : The next update will be delayed for a bit , not feeling up to par and I most likely won't be continuing work until at least a weeks time.

TheEngiGuy

Weeked Smasher
Thanks for the BGO exporter, however there's an issue. When I copy my car model (separated .blend file) inside the body.blend example, most of my object's faces become invisible. I can copy/paste my model just fine into a brand new .blend file, though.

Dummiesman

TheEngiGuy said:
Thanks for the BGO exporter, however there's an issue. When I copy my car model (separated .blend file) inside the body.blend example, most of my object's faces become invisible. I can copy/paste my model just fine into a brand new .blend file, though.
Make sure you're on the latest version of Blender. Faces becoming invisible sounds like the issue that happens when loading a newer .blend than your Blender version can handle.

TheEngiGuy

Weeked Smasher
Dummiesman said:
TheEngiGuy said:
Make sure you're on the latest version of Blender. Faces becoming invisible sounds like the issue that happens when loading a newer .blend than your Blender version can handle.
Oh well, managed to fix it! Had to disable BackFace Culling. (Still have to invert the normals for the game)

Dummiesman

I realized that I need to snag myself a trial copy of Max in order to see how they have their textures setup there, since it is possible and necessary to mimic in Blender, for their more complex material setups on the tracks.

I've also been busy with a large scale mod for another game,a s well as an unofficial patch project for another (woo x86 asm!).

At some point I'll be getting that trial copy and working on this some more. :)

RickyBobby

Did anyone succesfully make an animation with the blender bgo-exporter?
I tried to make a pre-race camera animation on a path. (just a box following a path) but I get this error.

Did I do something wrong, or does the bgo-exporter not support animations?
Thanks for any info on this :)

Devin

The exporter does not support animations yet as it was made at a time when the official animation specs were still WIP, so you can't export animations from Blender at all. Who knows, maybe in a future update :p