Vehicles ideas (photothread)

Crashtestdummy

Full time wrecker
VW T3

there's not any car stronger than that one :p i have personally driven one, rearended and fully destroyed the back of a car, while mine was intact

its a goddamn tank!

HYLK

Full time wrecker
Crashtestdummy said:
VW T3

there's not any car stronger than that one :p i have personally driven one, rearended and fully destroyed the back of a car, while mine was intact

its a goddamn tank!

Yeah they are, until u get hit by another car or, chicken crash inte another, every car are stronger than the other when the opponent car is standing still. especially when ur car is higher than the other.

So kids, what have we learned today.
Yes, we have learned that if ur in a higher car and hit a car standing still, u will get less damage than the other car.
Good answer Billy. A plus for u

Edit: Any "B-rally" car would fit in the game.

chuckskyline

Master Blaster
1984 Ford Crown Victoria

1984 Chevy Caprice

1986 Pontiac Parisienne

All were used as police cars in the 80's All similar design, so I'd love to see something like those.

Also
1974 firebird

1974 Camaro

Crashtestdummy

Full time wrecker
HYLK said:
Crashtestdummy said:
VW T3

its a goddamn tank!

Yeah they are, until u get hit by another car or, chicken crash inte another, every car are stronger than the other when the opponent car is standing still. especially when ur car is higher than the other.

So kids, what have we learned today.
Yes, we have learned that if ur in a higher car and hit a car standing still, u will get less damage than the other car.
Good answer Billy. A plus for u

Edit: Any "B-rally" car would fit in the game.
i wrecked 6 cars of my own and 4 cars of the ones involved in the crashes,... i really do know what strong cars are

it has a thick metal U- shaped bumper instead of all that plastic crap nowadays, and 4 struts to absorb an impact instead of 2 like any other car has.

alluzx

Full time wrecker
Crashtestdummy said:
VW T3

its a goddamn tank!
Damn, my dad had one of those back in the day :D It was one hell of a car. Would really love to see it if Bugbear decides to introduce vans.

HYLK

Full time wrecker
well, i have wrecked some cars myself. And that crap plastic bumper, are just there for 5kmh crashes. Older cars are weaker than newer, it has been proven and tested.

u should try a smart next time around, they are strong aswell. for being so small that is. but, still, its a dead end if the terms were even, crashing into standing still cars will make the stand still suffer more, no mather what kind of car u using.

If u dont believe it, try it. but dont break anything and blame it on me or santa. we are just here for the gifts.

Serenya

Weeked Smasher
Yeah T3 is a safe car because it looks the same after the crash and before it... I don't want to be in when it hits something solid or strong enough, where I would be the deforming object instead of the car. Plastic bumpers are meant to protect the car from little accidents like soft wall hits when parking. Also, they're much safer for pedestrians than some solid metal bars. Fortunately there's some safety in present cars and gone are those chrome plated bull bars. ::)

Still it can be a good add to the game, since it would be the only non-deforming one. ;D

deadtomgc

You have to have an Alfa Romeo!

Demolition derbies are fun, but high speed crashes are fun too, especially when the cars involved don't look like they're already trashed.

Generally, High performance cars are missing from these games even though they are actually more fun to crash. So, I'd encourage the bugbear to add some nice overpriced cars.

Or maybe a hot hatchback?

M

Mopower

Satsuma182 said:
1964 Imperial

:D :D :D :D :D Thanks man, awesome pic... Do you guys ever do stacks out the hood on those banger cars in Europe? Or is that just a NA thing

M

Mopower

HYLK said:
Older cars are weaker than newer, it has been proven and tested.
o_O o_O O.O :O

Dude... How much crack did you smoke? Maybe in Europe it's different... But in general... a 60's 70's American car used for derbying outlasts pretty much and 80's and 90's car.

Like that 64 Imperial. That'll take any full sized sedan from any year

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
HYLK said:

Dude... How much crack did you smoke? Maybe in Europe it's different... But in general... a 60's 70's American car used for derbying outlasts pretty much and 80's and 90's car.

I will take the cars made before 1983. Before auto makers lighten up the cars to get better gas mileage. When cars still had some style to them.

We are starting to see cars with style again these last few years. When you look at a parking lot full of cars and they all have about the same body style. that not good thing.

Spex84

Re: old cars vs. new cars: it's hard to compare.
-70s sedans practically fold in half in high-speed crash tests. Modern cars are engineered to much higher standards and don't crumple as much with the same impact.
-in low-speed impacts (most demolition derbies) modern cars lack the overhang of older cars--there's less empty space to crush before critical items get damaged. That's why huge 60s and 70s sedans and wagons are king--they have many feet worth of crushable space before any real damage is done. But a few 5mph hits to something like a new Honda civic will rip the bumpers off, destroy the radiator, and break accessory brackets--which throws off the serpentine belts and can instantly destroy the engine.
-older cars have simpler systems; modern cars have computers and sensors etc. that don't react well to crashes at all. New cars have more stuff that can break down/go wrong.
-older cars tend to be much, much larger than modern cars, although modern cars are surprisingly heavy for their size.
-someone will mention that crash test between a '59 Chevy and a modern Malibu. They cheated--the '59 had an inline 6 engine, which means the engine bay had tons of empty space on either side. In an offset crash, _anything_ solid would have gone through that car like butter, and a modern Malibu is very, very solid.

HYLK

Full time wrecker
Mopower said:
HYLK said:

Ok i give up, u r right, since we live in the f:ing 80's

and why they use older bangers instead of new one, isnt cos they are harder and tougher. Its the simple of work on the cars, stuff needed to go away, security and so on. For example, take a Impala from the 60's
body bolt on frame = easy to fix body and skewed chassi easy 2 fix etc, remove glas easy, not so much electronics, airbags plastic panels etc etc.
A new car, lets see lot of plastic components = hard 2 repair = buy new, bodyframe = skewed body = new car needed, after banging most parts needs to be replaced, probably the whole car, lots of airbags, electric wirings, plastic panels, etc etc. not to mention the cost of repairing and replacing.

U will not put out $10.000 on a car if u only earn $1.000 on a derby race, since the car will be demolished.

So yeah, u probably right.

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
I think it's more that the older cars are cheaper and probably easier to repair than more modern cars.

Still has me hoping for some modern-ish car chassis. Not that I'm not a fan of old classic muscle or 70's/80's classic coupes, but the variety would just be nice.

M

Mopower

Oh wow, we're arguing about this because you guys don't understand crush points... Modern cars are designed to CRUSH before they get to the cock pit. 60's and 70's cars are just straight up built with strength. You're more likely to die in a 60's or 70's car in a head-on crash, but as far as banger racing or demoltion derbies are concerned, the critical components of a car, I.E. steering/motor/rearend are both quicker to get to as has been said, and also, the cars are not built with the same strength... Other than 03 and newer crown vics which are very tough in the front ends, there really aren't as strong cars being made now as there was back in the 60's and 70's. Plus, who wants to wreck a $30,000-$50,000 brand new vehicle. Beaters are way more fun.

Also, to the bel-air versus the 09... The late 50's chevs were very weak in the front end... Also, both those cars are actually done right there. Neither car would be operating still so it doesn't make any sense what you just said... BOTH CARS ARE WRECKED lol. Show me where two cars go head to head and one doesn't get wrecked and one does.

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
I wasn't arguing.

Besides, I know that in terms of resilience (but not necessarily safety) older cars are better. Newer cars crumple in order to absorb the kinetic energy of the impact as to lessen the extent of the damage done to the occupants. Older cars don't do that so much, but then that makes them less likely to be 'written off' after an accident.

You kinda reminded me of that episode of Top Gear where they attempted to wreck a Toyota Hilux. They couldn't. It was brilliant.