Vehicles ideas (photothread)

HYLK

Full time wrecker
wow u just red my reply, and answered exactly the same but with different words.. nice try tho'

And what, head on head collisions were 1 car still drives and the other get demolished. Well that can only be done hummer vs smaller car (or as it has been proven even against a tahoe). or as in derbies, all of the cars try to hit as much as possible with their rear, cos it will cos problems to the engines if they "head on banging"
However, if its just banging on a dirt track, even 80s cars make a good banger, and some 90s even. Thats why we have folkraces with smaller and medium sized 80s and 90s cars in Scandinavia.
Seems like u still living in the science fiction of games.

DarnHyena, the Hilux was done for it after every challenge. They had mechanics, that fixed the engine so it could be driven again and again and again.... And also, it wasnt like they didnt planned every hit on it, like the "try to kill porsche 911" episode.

burninrubber0

I know buggies don't fit precisely into FlatOut, but I seem to recall one being in DiRT showdown, and that actually worked out well. Besides, in a game like this, it'd be pretty fun just to see the damage inflicted on them.

Mopower said:
HYLK said:
Older cars are weaker than newer, it has been proven and tested.
o_O o_O O.O :O

Dude... How much crack did you smoke? Maybe in Europe it's different... But in general... a 60's 70's American car used for derbying outlasts pretty much and 80's and 90's car.

Like that 64 Imperial. That'll take any full sized sedan from any year
Yep, it's different over here EU.
Newer cars are safer than old ones, even though I see your point. Old NA car had such a massive weight that even if the technology were not refined (by today's standard) they were pretty tought.
EU cars (as well as Japanese) have extremely high safety regulations to meet and they're heavier than they were in the past.

Benson1990

Full time wrecker
Hey all, loving the suggestions so far, hope they end up in.

Model: '71-'74 Toyota Crown Coupe (rename it the "Tiara" for maximum lulz)
Class: Derby/Street (Derby at the very least)
Drivetrain: FR with a 2.6l Inline 6 (MS75) and a 4/5 Speed Manual

So yeah, figured if I'm gonna contribute it may aswell be something obscure but brilliant. Here we have the little known luxury coupe for Toyota back in the '70s beautiful car, powerful and with decent handling. And now for the images:

Hey look, a rusty one for Derby:

And now for that sweet ass (bares resemblance to the Celica of the same era):

The interior (this one is fitted with a Slushbox auto sadly):

The carbbed I6:

Close up of the front:

Figured I'd throw this in, a pretty sweet drag spec one, possibly suitable for Street Class:

So yeah, great work Bugbear so far, can't wait to try the demo when you hit 10k.

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
In Italy there was a particurarly ugly car, the Fiat Duna
(http://vehiclemy.com/Fiat-Duna-CL1.jpg.html)

It would be fun to see it implemented in the game, maybe under the name of "Duna" oppure "Dune" (the english translation of "duna")

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
The only thing ugly about that Venemo is the back end. Shame you probably won't be able to put supercar shells on the derby car chassis (that would be fun ... a derbyfied supercar.)

but that Fiat ... god, I shuddered. What were those designers thinking of.

Olli Teittinen said:
Some interesting references here! I personally like especially the more obscure car models.
Oh my god! Guys! What have you done!? You created a monster!
Now there will be a "Multipla-Duna" hybrid in the game!

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
Victor Cortez said:
Oh my god! Guys! What have you done!? You created a monster!
Now there will be a "Multipla-Duna" hybrid in the game!
This game becomes more and more interesting each post is made on the forum

Speedevil

Here are some new cars:

Renault Clio V6 (successor to the Chili? :D ):

Dodge Coronet Super Bee:

Plymouth Roadrunner MK.I:

Ford Capri 2600 RS:

Aston Martin V8 1977:

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
Dat renault.

If bugbear use that clio as a reference and make it moderately decent that will totally be my starter car. RWD of course ;) FWD cars handled horribly in UC and stuff.

murkil

Master Blaster
i love that you decided to put the 80s caprice in the game, personally i would like to see a volvo 245 in the game
or a large american car like a plymouth satellite/ 70s Fury

Attachments

M

Mopower

HYLK said:
wow u just red my reply, and answered exactly the same but with different words.. nice try tho'

And what, head on head collisions were 1 car still drives and the other get demolished. Well that can only be done hummer vs smaller car (or as it has been proven even against a tahoe). or as in derbies, all of the cars try to hit as much as possible with their rear, cos it will cos problems to the engines if they "head on banging"
However, if its just banging on a dirt track, even 80s cars make a good banger, and some 90s even. Thats why we have folkraces with smaller and medium sized 80s and 90s cars in Scandinavia.
Seems like u still living in the science fiction of games.
Okay, first of all... It rarely causes engine problems when you head on hit in a derby. Just saying, it takes a lot a lot to crack the block. In most derbies in my area, they run Radi-barrel instead of radiators. Radi barrels are generally made of steel. Unless you were to mess up the pullies on the front, which most high end derbiers have pully protectors, you generally don't want the front end to go up because the floor will hit the ground faster, and the steering components are generally more exposed then. Also, you'll break your drive shaft faster, but they make slider shafts now.

And yes, if you're not driving 60 mph head on into each other, let's say 20 mph. A 60's chrysler Imperial will stay straight after hitting a 70's Chev Caprice head on, and the caprice will go sky high. Not all cars are the same strength in the front as they are in the rear due to uni-bodies (Frames that only go about half the car's length). Watch this video.

From 4:30 to about 5:15. Chrysler Imperial versus a Cadillac Hearse. You tell me if both cars are junk right there.