Vehicles ideas (photothread)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
From 4:30 to about 5:15. Chrysler Imperial versus a Cadillac Hearse. You tell me if both cars are junk right there.

That a good video to prove the point that the some the older cars are damn tough in a derby!!

I like to see if the newer cars can take a hit like that!

M

Mopower

Purple44 said:
Mopower said:
From 4:30 to about 5:15. Chrysler Imperial versus a Cadillac Hearse. You tell me if both cars are junk right there.

I like to see if the newer cars can take a hit like that!
Yeah, and that's a '67 Imperial, not even the toughest of the Imps... Just a unibody in the front too. ;)

Tonza

Team Bugbear Member
There is car which looks like Saab 96 in the pre-order video :)
Syöksysämpylä!

HYLK

Full time wrecker
last time i checked, cooling leakage or problem with radiator will cause engine problem, or is the block the only part of an engine?
And one hit wonders, thats all it is. Still people would use newer cars if it was not about money, repair and safety rules

Satsuma182

Mopower said:
Satsuma182 said:
1964 Imperial

:D :D :D :D :D Thanks man, awesome pic... Do you guys ever do stacks out the hood on those banger cars in Europe? Or is that just a NA thing
No I haven't seen any stacks and its probably to do with health and safety as its a little tighter over here and I can see it being an issue on cars that get "followed in" to the fencing as cars front ends tend to snap toward the roof.

So yeah the stacks are seemingly a NA thing which is a shame as they look really cool on some large yanks.

Bit more info on that car, obviously you knew it was a Chrysler Imperial but they are rare over here and that's probably why they aren't outlawed for their truly superior strength like they are in a lot of places in the states.

The car was used at a tribunal meeting to a very special person in UK banger racing, and was used exceptionally well going on to win the DD on the night (Obviously). perhaps unsurprisingly I don't think it got an award for the rarest car as there was also a 1939 Cadillac Fleetwood limo, a 1942 Studebaker and a 1951 Cadillac Fleetwood limo present as well.

It also returned at another meeting at a later date which is where the last picture is from and won the DD there which is quite a rare thing over here as well. I don't think its dead yet either.

M

Mopower

HYLK said:
last time i checked, cooling leakage or problem with radiator will cause engine problem, or is the block the only part of an engine?
And one hit wonders, thats all it is. Still people would use newer cars if it was not about money, repair and safety rules
Oh, did you miss where I said that they use RADI BARRELS instead of radiators nowadays? Or do you just CHOOSE to ignore it.

Radi-barrel: A steel tank that serves the purpose and goes in the position of the radiator... You really can't break steel real easily

Edit: 4:30-5:15

My case still stands.

Just admit you're not right bro. I know it's hard for people on the internet. But I just proved a point and you don't even have the salt to admit it. Yes that malibu you showed is tough. This Imperial and every Chrysler imperial made from 60's and early 70's is tougher than that malibu.

Olli Teittinen

Vehicle artist
Victor Cortez said:
Olli Teittinen said:
Some interesting references here! I personally like especially the more obscure car models.
Oh my god! Guys! What have you done!? You created a monster!
Now there will be a "Multipla-Duna" hybrid in the game!
Hahah, not those! Definitely not those.

From the latest ones, for example, I really liked the Toyota on page 22! I personally haven't seen those around here in Funland.

Satsuma182

Yeah the Custom Coupes are definitely awesome cars, seem to be a rare sight in any country.

A few race ready examples from the UK:

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Oh no, Toyota Crown shouldn't be crashed in derbies at real life. :( But I would love it in NCG.

Satsuma182

RacerBest said:
Oh no, Toyota Crown shouldn't be crashed in derbies at real life. :( But I would love it in NCG.
Each to his own buddy lol

I personally would rather see them out on track one last time than going straight to the crusher :/

I'm in agreement though they make for awesome road cars as well, easily one of japans finest productions.

SonicSpeed

Team Bugbear Member
I, personally, would really like to see a 1967-ish mustang look-alike. Can't find a pic though.

dbs213

Master Blaster
Satsuma182 said:
I personally would rather see them out on track one last time than going straight to the crusher :/

That'd be ironic since some people would want a crusher as a track hazard in the game :p

Nucleon88

Meh...
Full time wrecker
My cars of choice:

1987 Honda prelude (derby,street)
1985 Pontiac Fiero (derby)
Italdesign Schigera (race,street)
Bmw Nazca (race,street)
1970-2013 Dodge Challnger (derby,race,street)
1982 Fiat 124 Spider (derby)
50's-1973 Volkswagen bettle

I would love to see each of these crashed and smashed into. :D

Tonza

Team Bugbear Member
Nucleon88 said:
My cars of choice:

1987 Honda prelude (derby,street)
1985 Pontiac Fiero (derby)
Italdesign Schigera (race,street)
Bmw Nazca (race,street)
1970-2013 Dodge Challnger (derby,race,street)
1982 Fiat 124 Spider (derby)
50's-1973 Volkswagen bettle

I would love to see each of these crashed and smashed into. :D
I don't think this game will have like "race" and "street" classes, this is not FlatOut 2.

dbs213

Master Blaster
I only hope that there isn't any Street class, they didn't fit the theme of the Flatout series at all.

Anyway, what about a "derbified" oval racer from Nascar?

Strip the glass panels from it, make it all beaten up and slightly rusty.

I know that there are those dirt late models that are made specifically for dirt ovals but I liked the appearance of the cars from the Nascar series.