Vehicles ideas (photothread)

moeahu03

I think the game could use some smaller 80's and 90's era American cars. There's plenty of big American brutes in the game and it would be cool to see some smaller, more modern ones.

Chrysler New Yorker - A clapped-out New Yorker with the classic rear-end sag would be a good C-class contender.

1573983427446.png

Foxbody Mustang - Not even a V8 or anything, 90 hp four-banger all the way.1573981745747.png

Ford Falcon & Holden Commodore - Not American, but these are go-to cars for derbies in Australia and New Zealand. Bonus points for ute versions. Might need some creative visual upgrades to distract from the overall boring looks though.
1573982506920.png
1573983035109.png

Ford Lazer Tx3 Turbo 4WD - Always loved these.
1573983300735.png

Toby Danger

I've recently gotten into the game, and I just wanted to throw in a few ideas for cars I'd love to see included in the future.

Part 1: Standard Bangers

Ford Galaxy 1997
I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen a family minivan in the game already, considering they're regular picks at real banger races.

fordgalaxy.jpg

Lada Niva
ladaniva.png

Lada Niva
ladariva.jpg

Ford Scorpio 1998
One of the ugliest cars to ever exist, and one that deserves to be wrecked. (And does appear in actual banger races)
fordscorpio.jpg

Pontiac Aztek
Another hideous looking car that would work well in a demolition derby setting
aztek.jpg

Land Rover Defender
defender.jpg

Lancia Beta 1980
Lanciabeta.jpg

Vauxhall/Opel Frontera 1997
frontera.jpg

Delorean DMC12
delorean.jpg

Rover CityRover
cityrover.jpg

Toby Danger

Part 2 - Utility Vehicles

These are vehicles usually used in some kind of working capacity, but would work just as well in a racing/demolition derby.

Airport Baggage Tug
airporttug.jpg

Airport Stair Truck
stairtruck.jpg

Ice Cream Van
icecream.jpg

Ford Crown Victoria
A decommissioned police would make a great vehicle for demolition derbys.
crownvic.jpg

Hearse
I'm surprised there's not a hearse in the game already.
hearse.jpg

Toyota Hilux
hilux.jpg

Mini-z1994

How about a Bricklin SV1 ? image from 24 hours of lemons, 1970's v8 powered sports car, about 3000 built before the company went under, change the doors too a part of the rollcage so the large roof cage or roof bar can be installed.
Perhaps performance wise set it just around the wildking on stiff suspension & bit less wheelspin on 3rd gear.

And perhaps a Pontiac Bonneville with donk styling ?
Make it squat off the line like the killerbee with the performance of the gatecrasher and have the handling done so it doesn't tip over easily.

Corvair with a jaguar V6 in the front from 24 hours of lemons, make it similar too the hotshot performance wise, maybe like 20 hp or so more.

Also a car like this would be fun, That is a Toyota MR2 with a vw van body somewhat stylized & shortened added on it.

A lowered minitruck of some sort like this chevy s10 i think it said it was ?

Toyota Hilux body dropped onto a mercedes diesel as another example.

A Mini Moke perhaps ? can make it a fwd special that has like 2.5 durability & 160 km/h top speed as A class car
Lemons images ofc.

What an original Mini Moke looks like.

Nash Airflyte 1940's bathtub with a V8 & can probably give it the performance of the Rammer & it wouldn't be that out of place.

Peugeot 404 rwd, wobbly suspension with low power (original motor makes like 68 hp.)

RacerEks

I think the Delorian is definately an iconic vehicle.

If you are interested in an iconic, but absolutely useless in a real race vehicle, how about an old school (like late '60s) VW Bus?

Archie

Full time wrecker
Heh the Lemons Bricklin is awesome :D

Here´s someone banger racing a Nash, not the same model tho, poor thing :(

TT

Yeah, those Nash's tended to be unibody framed. The driver might have figured that would help. The old Hudsons were also. Earliest Nash's tended to be a little lighter, though.

"Crumple zone? That's in the car I run into!"

Early NASCAR had a few Nash drivers. They sort of got screwed because they weren't allowed to use all of the common upgrade parts. They also had a slight tendency to overheat. There are some neat videos of them bouncing over bumps and ruts at the old Daytona Beach track. One of the top pre-NASCAR drivers was a Nash driver.

Later Chryslers got used for demo derbies for the same reason.

If you want freaky looking cars, old Czech Tatras got used for racing.

(Not a Wreckfest mod. Assetto Corsa)

Last edited:

RacerEks

If we have cab liveries for the Cardinal and Rammer RS, why not an actual Checker Cab? They used to be quite common iChecker-Cab1.jpgChecker-Cab2.jpgn parts of the US (as well as on TV).

Checker-Cab1.jpgChecker-Cab2.jpg

Cegon

Put that taxi skin on the Hotshot?
Speaking of the Hotshot, I've seen old, really old trailers with a Hotshot that has equal suspension height front and rear, and looked cleaner, less hacked up. Would love to see that as a new Hotshot variant with improved performance since the current Hotshot is kinda bottom tier.

Tonza

Team Bugbear Member
Speaking of the Hotshot, I've seen old, really old trailers with a Hotshot that has equal suspension height front and rear, and looked cleaner, less hacked up. Would love to see that as a new Hotshot variant with improved performance since the current Hotshot is kinda bottom tier.
Hotshot like to spin her wheels. Lots of trouble finding grip. But its decent car. What trailer you talking about? In the really 'old' trailers we had only speedbird, fiat and the saab. Saab was actually scrapped by developers, but they bring it back after years, because many people requested it, here in the forum. :)

Cegon

Hotshot like to spin her wheels. Lots of trouble finding grip. But its decent car. What trailer you talking about? In the really 'old' trailers we had only speedbird, fiat and the saab. Saab was actually scrapped by developers, but they bring it back after years, because many people requested it, here in the forum. :)
I can't find the trailer.
Well, it may be decent for career mode, but far off the pace in multiplayer... ok to be honest, most cars are far off the pace in multiplayer. There's Raiden RS, Hammerhead RS and Super Venom if you want to win, and there's Roadslayer, Raven, Razor and maybe 2 or 3 more if you want to fight really hard and maybe win, and the rest is for tagging along and enjoying the scenery.

Mini-z1994

Perhaps some shorty vehicles next like these two for example.

& maybe some more hatchbacks/hot hatches could be added into the game ?
like the mazda 323 gtx/gt-r 4wd with a turbo

Nissan pulsar gti-r also awd turbo car in the top spec versions homologated for rally/racing.

Sunbeam Lotus rwd front engine

No ?
from r/battlecars a lifted buick roadmaster

Maybe the Lancia 037 stradale ? A beautiful homologation car. mid engine rwd, really light early group b car similar age too the Toyota MR 222D already present in the game, just about as fragile too but would be more stable then the raiden rs as this has a longer wheelbase.

Last suggestion for now and probably not the first too mention it.
A rally 2cv, this one has 2 engines, makes like 37 hp per engine still, about 1400 lbs in weight so really light little car.

Otherwise check r/weirdwheels & r/battlecars for inspiration perhaps.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Two Words - FIREWORKS VAN!

just in time for July 4th/Midsummer Day/"Your favorite summer holiday"/any damn time.