Week #15 Report

sam223

Weeked Smasher
BenDover said:
sam223 said:
Iwasawa said:
Please dont release the update in the next week because if GTA5 wont suck and wreckfest will be released i wont sleep...
Is gta5 any different than the version they released almost 2 years ago? Or just the same game with first person view option and the bits they promised for the original release finally in game?
I only played through it once originally, didn't rate the driving at all so didn't revisit for mayhem causing
1st person view, 200% better grafic, otherwhise I think its the same game ^_^ Just Rockstars who hype it abit too much so PC user should forget it took 2 years for the PC version to come out after console games ^^
Cheers,will skip this one i guess then.Don't care about graphics quality,frame rates or first person view. If only they'd spent those 2 years on the physics engine and handling of vehicles :)

rwb

Weeked Smasher
I think the point of the PC version is that people will be able to change those things. I rebought GTAV just to mod it.

Iwasawa

Weeked Smasher
IDK what is the difference to the console version btw. I guess its just better graphics or so... Still, i have no idea how it will run on my pc. Im considering to buy it only to play it online but..... first i will download the cracked to see if it runs properly. Still, i prefer to have a third party thing to play online.. like MTA for SA.. because it supports more players...

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Iwasawa said:
IDK what is the difference to the console version btw. I guess its just better graphics or so... Still, i have no idea how it will run on my pc. Im considering to buy it only to play it online but..... first i will download the cracked to see if it runs properly. Still, i prefer to have a third party thing to play online.. like MTA for SA.. because it supports more players...
I was hoping the online portion would be like that. Big mmorpg style servers rather than little sessions. MTA was awesome,gta5 online mode for consoles was not.

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
sam223 said:
BenDover said:
sam223 said:
Iwasawa said:
Please dont release the update in the next week because if GTA5 wont suck and wreckfest will be released i wont sleep...
Is gta5 any different than the version they released almost 2 years ago? Or just the same game with first person view option and the bits they promised for the original release finally in game?
I only played through it once originally, didn't rate the driving at all so didn't revisit for mayhem causing
1st person view, 200% better grafic, otherwhise I think its the same game ^_^ Just Rockstars who hype it abit too much so PC user should forget it took 2 years for the PC version to come out after console games ^^
Cheers,will skip this one i guess then.Don't care about graphics quality,frame rates or first person view. If only they'd spent those 2 years on the physics engine and handling of vehicles :)
Even the graphics aren't that good. I would expect so much better from modern PC game, especially with their advertising. Far Cry 4 looks so much more superior to GTA V, and also by gameplay side it's the same game as PS4/Xone counterparts, which are the same game as PS3/360 couterparts with better graphics. Oh, the first person mode(Not worth 60e imo).

So I'm not going to buy it. Perhaps in six months or so after seeing if it's got any cool mods. And also since I've played the 360 version(Played it thru twice just to complete the variations from missions), and after that I gave it away. There went that 70 euros... I was so disapointed with it. GTA IV was so much better, I actually played it around 4 years after the release, first on Box and then on PC.

NonBritGit

sam223 said:
I was one of those waiting almost 2 years for GTA 5 to hit the PC. Got tired of waiting and bought a PS4, just so I could buy and play GTA 5. F**K Rockstar for sticking it to the PC players. The game already blows you away on the PS4, so I'm not concerned about missing anything on the PC. The characters still look horrid though. Right out of GTA 4, and the controls still suck just as bad as they did in GTA 4. I wish Rockstar would have put their dev team on controls to bring them into the 21st century.

J

Jelco

NonBritGit said:
sam223 said:
I was one of those waiting almost 2 years for GTA 5 to hit the PC. Got tired of waiting and bought a PS4, just so I could buy and play GTA 5. F**K Rockstar for sticking it to the PC players. The game already blows you away on the PS4, so I'm not concerned about missing anything on the PC. The characters still look horrid though. Right out of GTA 4, and the controls still suck just as bad as they did in GTA 4. I wish Rockstar would have put their dev team on controls to bring them into the 21st century.
Hey now, we all now GTA 4 has the better physics. I agree with you that they messed up the driving feel which covers like 90 percent of the game.
Developers for whatever reason are screwing us up on all these little things that end up to be big things that should have been done right. Same goes for Skate. Skate 2 has again the better physics and Skate 3 has been made stupid on certain things which the older skate got right. It is not a bad game but the physics board and ragdoll wise are not as good as 2.
The dumbest thing i have seen is ofcourse always killing a person when you fight someone in GTA 5.
I can't believe they made it so stupid and might as well have stuck to the brawling system of GTA 4 which was really fun and proper. Lets hope for mods on the pc version so we can fix things and do a better job than the gta team did on these things. There always has to be the stupidest little quirks that ruin otherwise great games.

LukeDude759

Weeked Smasher
longtimeago said:
Oh man, update is either Soon or Soon™, I hope Soon!
Don't worry, Soon™ is a unit of measurement most commonly used in Valvetime™, along with In a Few Months™, Thursday at 9 PM PST™, and Half Life 3 Confirmed™, just to name a few examples. I'm sure Bugbear wouldn't even think of trying to use it. Probably™.

MamieNova

"Oh no he didn't!"
LukeDude759 said:
longtimeago said:
Don't worry, Soon™ is a unit of measurement most commonly used in Valvetime™, along with In a Few Months™, Thursday at 9 PM PST™, and Half Life 3 Confirmed™, just to name a few examples. I'm sure Bugbear wouldn't even think of trying to use it. Probably™.
I think you mean Blizzardtime™ =D

longtimeago said:

Joking aside, today was the first day in a long time that the cars were actually drivable and fun too! :) We even managed to test out some of our new multiplayer features like dedicated server etc. Let's hope that it only gets better from here. 8)

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Tero said:
longtimeago said:

Joking aside, today was the first day in a long time that the cars were actually drivable and fun too! :) We even managed to test out some of our new multiplayer features like dedicated server etc. Let's hope that it only gets better from here. 8)
So release tomorrow? Thanks!

LUNITIC_WILL

Full time wrecker
if the cars are drivable, release the update so we can screw around till the physics are truely fixed. right now, i'll take something that may be broken but still works over waiting.

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
Tero said:
You got me from this

To this

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
Tero said:
longtimeago said:
Hype train is slowly gaining speed...

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Tero said:
longtimeago said:

I was curious why I seen so many Steam alerts of you guys online today!
knew something good was brewing! and that is great news Tero!!! :D